Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition

I just picked up this group of authentic original props from Back to the Future Part II and III. It's like Christmas in December. :)
This was the eBay win of a lifetime for me, and I'm still in disbelief that I actually was able to get these with such a low bid. All
of the items are production-made and include COAs from reputable sources.

1. Grays Sports Almanac Cover
IMG_0017.JPG
2. Oh La La Magazine Cover
IMG_0018.JPG
3. You're Fired!!! Fax
IMG_0025.JPG
4. September 2, 1885 Hill Valley Telegraph
IMG_0020.JPG
5. 2015 Pizza Hut Foil Bag
IMG_0022.JPG

There is also an original copy of the repair instructions letter from BTTF III which I haven't had a chance to photograph.

The total cost for everything including shipping:
$134.50

The seller had posted the listing under 'props > reproductions' and included some low resolution replica paper props as
'extras' which made the listing look very similar to one of the common prop replica reseller listings on eBay. So nobody bid on it.
There were good photos in the listing, but I guess because of the cheap extras, nobody else wanted to take the time to see what
was really there.

Last edited:
I was tempted to bid, but I can't say I've heard of him or ever seen his COA's before.
Looking on IMDB he appears to be a script supervisor on CSI Miami if it's the same guy, not a propmaster, but as Mark said, if they are production back-ups, then a very good deal :thumbsup

Last edited:
I was tempted to bid, but I can't say I've heard of him or ever seen his COA's before.
Looking on IMDB he appears to be a script supervisor on CSI Miami if it's the same guy, not a propmaster, but as Mark said, if they are production back-ups, then a very good deal :thumbsup

I never have really believed in karma, but I must have been due for some good luck after all the crazy stuff that's happened to me in the last year or so.

When BTTF prop master Dangerous Bob Widin listed his original Almanac on eBay a while back, I messaged him suggesting that he sell it through screenused instead. He took my advice and he got something like $3000 more than he originally was asking on eBay. I actually told him in the message that "I'd love to own an original Grays Sports Almanac but realistically in my case that probably isn't ever going to happen." It's weird but I guess it all ends up working out somehow.

Will Alovis has a number of property master credits on IMDb under the 'Art Department' category. His COAs for the Almanac cover and the Oh LaLa cover were dated 1999 and there was also some original printed email correspondence included, and a 6/15/1999 dated money order receipt from when the current seller originally purchased the Oh LaLa cover from Will. He paid more just for this one item, in 1999, than I did for the entire collection in 2014. I might try to connect with Will through Facebook to confirm provenance, but the authenticity is definite on both of the items. The Pizza Hut bag, Cusco Fax, and 1885 newspaper all have original COAs signed by Stephen Clark of BTTF.COM so there's not really any doubt about those either. I still remember when he had those props for sale on the site, and I always hated that I had missed out on them when he had sold them out.

I have owned another 1885 newspaper before so I was certain that was real. And I've done so much prior research on the Almanac that I could tell it was authentic just by the photos. Before I bid, I also went through a ton of past auction records and photos of verified authentic pieces just to be 100% certain. ;)

I framed the Almanac cover and put it up on my wall. It's one of those grail props that I always wanted but never thought I'd be able to own.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing DB. I too have had an awesome year as well with some crazy things happening. I have bought more screen used props than any other year at good prices and finally FINALLY got my dream car(1997 limited edition Toyota Supra twin turbo) but I soppose that's for another platform. It feels surreal doesn't it? I wish you the same luckin 2015

I posted our helmet some time ago... we picked up several other pieces as well. These are incredibly well made, but sadly, I think this one is going on the chopping block soon. Still... it was worth taking a beauty shot!

attachment.php

Attachments

• john-carter-zodangan-female-costume.jpg
    john-carter-zodangan-female-costume.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 2,115
Finally got this on a mannequin after some repairs as the armor was weak/cracked. The helmet needs to be reshaped/heat formed back to its proper shape but sure who knows when I will get to do that :p

I just picked up this group of authentic original props from Back to the Future Part II and III. It's like Christmas in December. :)
This was the eBay win of a lifetime for me, and I'm still in disbelief that I actually was able to get these with such a low bid. All
of the items are production-made and include COAs from reputable sources.

1. Grays Sports Almanac Cover
View attachment 417895
2. Oh La La Magazine Cover
View attachment 417896
3. You're Fired!!! Fax
View attachment 417899
4. September 2, 1885 Hill Valley Telegraph
View attachment 417897
5. 2015 Pizza Hut Foil Bag
View attachment 417898

There is also an original copy of the repair instructions letter from BTTF III which I haven't had a chance to photograph.

The total cost for everything including shipping:
$134.50

The seller had posted the listing under 'props > reproductions' and included some low resolution replica paper props as
'extras' which made the listing look very similar to one of the common prop replica reseller listings on eBay. So nobody bid on it.
There were good photos in the listing, but I guess because of the cheap extras, nobody else wanted to take the time to see what
was really there.

WOW What a Great find and the price WOW nice one

Wow. Nice acquisition of the Back to the Future props.
(Pardon the attachments. Don't try and do two posts at the same time on a phone)

Attachments

• 20150101_140337.jpg
    20150101_140337.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 782
  • 20150101_135752.jpg
    20150101_135752.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 547
  • 20150101_135804.jpg
    20150101_135804.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 574
  • 20150101_135821.jpg
    20150101_135821.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 425
  • 20150101_135852.jpg
    20150101_135852.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 558
  • 20150101_135952.jpg
    20150101_135952.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 544
  • IMG_8924[1].jpg
    IMG_8924[1].jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
Is that an original Book of the Dead? If so, very nice. I didn't know any of those were out there. My wife and I really wanted to get one of the keys, but kept getting outbid.

Cj

Just finished my Hellboy prosthetic vacuum form display got it at auction awhile ago just finished making the display for it. Not sure if this is the right place to post this so sorry in advance.
20150107_121559.jpg20150107_121732.jpg20150107_121722.jpg20150107_121634.jpg20150107_121642.jpg20150107_121649.jpg20150107_121655.jpg20150107_124249.jpg
20150107_121704.jpg The plaque is from our fellow rpf member Blind Squirrel Props Mike Iverson. Thanks by the way Mike didn't even need sanding and I hope you approve of the paint job I put on it.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, - Decisions - decisions

How about we go with the one and the only
"Atlantean Control Chair of the Ancients from Stargate SG1" :) :) :)

It will go side by side with the Ori Control Chair and can finally be re-united with its two pretty "Ancient Drones" that I also have :)

I have in my mind the set_up of what will be the mother of Stargate props pics for when my now 2 containers of props arrive from the good old U-S of A :)

Steffy

I really wanted that control chair! It's like you're stealing the best props from my country and putting them in yours! LOL

Hehe, your Country?
I remind you that Stargate has been shoot in Vancouver, Canada ? ^^

Yes but propworx and prop store sold all their props in California, USA. And Vancouver Is pretty close to the USA. Either way stefanchik is taking props from our continent!

From Star Trek - Enterprise. The metal sculpture for the ready room of the "future" Enterprise - Double episode "Through the Mirror Darkly"

DSCF0373.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back