Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition

Pretty small piece in the overall scheme of things, but got Nadia's flashlight which completes my Nadia outfit from Pandorum... just in time for Kristen to wear it at SDCC!!!

pandorum-nadia-flashlight.jpg

Hercules auctions were absolutely BRUTAL with the prices going ALL over the place, but we did manage to pick up the Hero Atalanta costume for Kristen!

atalanta-hero-costume.jpg

hercules_atlanta.jpg

Congrats, Art! I was watching most of them, and a lot of them were way too high. I was able to snag one of Amphiaraus's signature staves for under $200 shipped. This is supposed to be a training staff, but for the price, I'm ecstatic. Comes with the folded down blades, as well as folded out blades on the sides that can be interchanged.

CustomImage.jpg CustomImage (1).jpg amphiaraus.jpg

Got these two pieces recently.

Immortals-Heraklion-Warrior-Mask-1.jpg

Immortals-Heraklion-Warrior-Mask-2.jpg

Fiberglass mask of a Heraklion Warrior from Immortals. This particular mask features distinctive white paint markings which I have not seen on any other mask. I am yet to match it to a particular mask on screen.

And then my mystery piece:

The-Manchurian-Candidate-Jameson-Mardi-Gras-mask-1.jpg

This production used mask was originally sold at auction listed as a "Mardi Gras" mask from The Manchurian Candidate (remake). It is obvious however that this is a one-off resin mask, created from a life cast of the actor Tim Artz (the mask has a small sticker on the back with the actor's name) who played Jameson in the movie - one of the group of soldiers who is ambushed and brainwashed.

The life cast has been made to create a hollow mask, lined with velvet in the back. It has been painted with the tribal markings seen on the Kuwaiti women who helped operate the brainwashing centre.

There is no "Mardi Gras" scene in the movie, so this mask was either made for use in a deleted scene (probably one of the brainwashing dream sequences/flashbacks) or was made as a wrap party gift for the cast (the black velvet lining, printed sticker and lack of attachment points or straps make me think that this was not actually intended to be worn in the movie). Several such "Mardi Gras" masks have been sold in the past - each a one-off lifecast of one of the actors playing a soldier who was captured and brainwashed, painted with Kuwaiti tribal markings.

If anyone has any more information about the origins of this mask, I would be very interested to find out more.

The-Manchurian-Candidate-Jameson-Mardi-Gras-mask-2.jpg

Here is the more important part of that purchase... we also picked up the Hero Atalanta costume for Kristen!

hercules-hero-atalanta-costume.jpg

So far, we have been able to match the metal neck ring that sits over the Cuirass.

hercules-hero-atalanta-costume-screen-match.jpg

...and the bracer... gotta love high res digital stills!
hercules-hero-atalanta-costume-screen-match-2.jpg

It's not much of an original costume, but the folks who made Ender's Game just released real bits of Ender's flash suit and Petra's flash suit undershirt with their trading cards. I figured it was appropriate to place the fabric snippets with my flash suit replica.

2014-08-07 19.41.45.jpg

Probably the last thing I will get from the Hercules auctions. Tydeus had my favorite armor from the movie, so I really wanted to get a set. This one is primarily hero pieces, with the belt and lower armor being metal and screen-matched to various scenes. The upper armor is mainly rubber, so I'm thinking this is a mixed and matched set. It also comes with the gauntlets, which my armless mannequin can't display, for obvious reasons.

DSC02395.JPG 978x.jpg

Nicely done! I, once again, got outbid on several things I wanted. :( I am extremely bummed I missed out on the Rhesus sets. Congrats on the win. That armor is easily among the most interesting!

I went with a friend today to collect a hero 1989 batman suit warn by Micheal Keaton in the alley scene where the jokers thugs shot him .the suit is in amazing conduction for 26 years old and was used in a action scene. I will take better photos over the coming weeks and start a thread showing better photos and how it will be displayed. I'm over the moon I got this and is the holy grail in my collection.
759d8f9ced131fc718f87c685501d085_zps5293c021.jpg37114d0a122a9f67304d70b7c5b2a4af_zpsde8e23f6.jpg66be6752147cf7607316a6eecd192c11_zps2a038f50.jpg
Thats not me in the suit I'm way to big for it .

Last edited:
I went with a friend today to collect a hero 1989 batman suit warn by Micheal Keaton in the alley scene where the jokers thugs shot him .the suit is in amazing conduction for 26 years old and was used in a action scene. I will take better photos over the coming weeks and start a thread showing better photos and how it will be displayed. I'm over the moon I got this and is the holy grail in my collection.
View attachment 369710View attachment 369711View attachment 369712
Thats not me in the suit I'm way to big for it .

Thats incredible man!!
Will you try and do something to stop any further deterioration?I know nothing about preserving urethane rubber and am very curious. :)

Ben

Thats incredible man!!
Will you try and do something to stop any further deterioration?I know nothing about preserving urethane rubber and am very curious. :)

Ben

I have a friend who knows foam latex very well is going to check it over and do very litte work to it don't want loss anything by having to much work done to it. Not much needs doing

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back