Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition

Not really a prop. But it's movie related.

12499393_10207262278708192_1051120846_o.jpg

Original "A New Hope" storyboards.

Last edited:
JURASSIC PARK HAT.

Just found this at a overstock clothing store in LA that sells hollywood props/apparel. It was in a bin that was labeled Jurassic World so I bought as much as I could.

When the film comes out on DVD will try to screen match it. I have a feeling it is the hat that is worn by the security team (not the ACU team, but the everyday park security). Can't tell from this angle I found online. But the seams and the shape of the hat look the same.

View attachment 530462View attachment 530463View attachment 530464View attachment 530465
Any luck on other jurassic world stuff? Also where is this store?

Any luck on other jurassic world stuff? Also where is this store?

Taking a guess from the way he described it, it's probably a store called 'It's a Wrap'. There's a couple of locations around the LA area, they buy out all kinds of TV show and movie wardrobe after productions finish and sell them in their store. Usually it's just off-the-shelf looking clothing, but they get custom stuff as well...

Managed to pick up another cool piece; a hero shotgun from Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. This piece was used near the end of the film where the Wolf rips his cannon of it's shoulder mount and attaches a pistol grip to it, then makes a ratcheting motion to lock the grip in place. Most of the shotguns were solid rubber, but this one is fiberglass and resin and comes apart for that scene as well as has a ratcheting mechanism in the grip which allows the Predator to simulated locking the grip in place.

A long time RPF member built these props for the film at ADI back in the day and was able to tell me just a bit more about it. He stated "there was one lightweight hero gun - w/ electronics and a cocking slide. There was another that the grip plugged into - I think that one might have had the pivoting grip." He went on to share "Can't remember who suggested it, but they wanted me to make the connector look sort of like a key. I *do* remember asst. shop supervisor Garth Winkless playing around with it and putting it in upside down - got it jammed up real good. That was a stressful 15 minutes or so, trying to pull it back out." He finished with "the plan was to show [Ian Whyte] pull one of the cannons off the shoulder mount and plug the battery/grip into it."

While you never see the Wolf actually plug the two pieces together, you do see him ratchet the handle after assembly:

Here are pics (including the RPF member) creating the shotguns at ADI.
avpr-wolf-predator-plasma-cannon-assembly-02.jpg

avpr-wolf-predator-plasma-cannon-assembly-01.jpg

And here is the piece that is now in my collection:
avpr-wolf-predator-plasma-cannon-01.jpg

avpr-wolf-predator-plasma-cannon-02.jpg

Along with a shot of it in-hand for scale:
avpr-wolf-predator-plasma-cannon-04.jpg

Last edited:
As I am sure you know, the Sideshow piece is a direct casting with very few mods... So not bad, but given your history with the gun, it is a true shame that you have a replica.
Don't get me wrong - I'm glad that I have one... it's kinda' cool/kinda' weird to have a licensed replica of a prop that I made for a film. It was made from one of the stunts though, and some the details are a bit soft.

One piece I have been hunting for quite a while! An Unas from Stargate! I have the original costume of Chaka (the bust shown) and full set of skins but the head was always eluding me until now. It was in bad condition (as can be seen in one of the pics) but thanks to Tom Spina and his team he is brand new again!

IMG_6879.jpegIMG_6881.jpeg
9.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back