Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition

Got some pumpkin bombs from Spider-Man 3. I had a set before but traded them. I later kicked myself, since I missed the bombs, so glad to have another set! :D

9538182_orig.jpg

I haven't posted in this thread for a while so I guess this is 2014 May - December additions. I got a few small bits, like a skull cap for my Jaffa, it's actually Teal'c's skull cap which was cool but these are the three I'd pick to show here.

Hero Arborian Crossbow - Flash Gordon - probably used by Timothy Dalton as Prince Barin.
Flash-Gordon-Hero-Arborian-Crossbow-1.jpg

SFX Hufflepuff Horcrux Cup - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Harry-Potter-and-the-Deathly-Hallows-Part-2-Hufflepuff-Horcrux-Cup-1.jpg

And one I'm not sure on, but at the same time it seems to screen match, the story and source behind it is good too and was open and frank, I just can't believe this is real. There probably was another made for production with a taller section between the pillar and the eagle which was constructed the same way this is (you can see how these were made if you look closely enough when order for crucifixion is given). I'd be grateful to anyone who has any information either way.

Crassus' Command Baton - Spartacus
Spartacus-Crassus-Command-Baton-1.jpg

I still can't believe, that after all these years and volumes written on the Internet, that anyone would buy a GREAT AMERICAN, LA/HOLLYWOOD PROP piece.

That arborian crossbow is GREAT! Thanks for sharing! :)

Thanks David, there are a few scenes and a few films that I remember from my childhood and Barin pursuing Flash on Arboria is one of them. It was great to finally get a piece from it.

Rick, what is the story behind Great American? I don't have anything with their CoA but it's always good to learn.

Yes, just one of the short lived AKAs they used. That page comes up number one in a Google search of GAPWC, so anyone who was considering a purchase, should they have sought any information at all, would have been clued in.

Another sleazy seller on ebay. With all the protestations of protecting buyers, ebay has been egregiously lax on policing sellers that bring ebay big bucks. I wouldn't buy any memorabilia or props off ebay. There are reputable auctions out there (and un-reputable ones, as we know!).

There are plenty of great, real props on Ebay, you just have to know which ones deal directly with companies and which ones are bogus. VIP Fanclubs is a great one. But for every good one you find, there are 5 that sell "bras of (insert good looking female actress here," and "random background vase from (insert random movie here)"

Normally I don't get too excited about original props, having worked in the business for 35 years, but I thought I would share a nice set of original Star Wars props. Unfortunately they aren't from the original trilogy, they are from the most recent films, but hey, they are "screen Used".

Attachments

• Starwars-props.jpg
    Starwars-props.jpg
    674.2 KB · Views: 250
Here is a PIC of my completed IRON SKY MOONTROOPER costume. Everything is screenused but the mask and boots.20150312_121215.jpg20150312_121215.jpg20150312_121215.jpgThe mask is the OFFICIAL Replica and the boots are the correct unissued East German.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back