New 52 Flash Costume

PsH A Dead Guy

I'm in process of making a New 52 Flash costume. I had a file dye sub printed for the main bodysuit, that is currently with the seamstress. Here are some pictures of my suit before I sent it out-

Last night I started sculpting my own cowl. So far I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out, considering it's only the second thing I've ever sculpted.
Here it is when I first roughed out the sculpt-

Nothing too fancy yet, but I started smoothing it out and refining the overall shape. I also held up my 3D printed ear bolts to the side to get an idea of how they would look.

Lastly, I smoothed it out even more, and started adding more of the actual details to the cowl, including raised ear portions which will give my actual ears a little more room in the latex casts. And it will allow me to attach the ear bolts a little easier.

And that's where I'm at so far. Any comments or tips are welcome.

Thanks kapow7! I'm excited to finish it myself! I'm going to take some rubbing alcohol to it tonight to try to smooth it out a little more before I start the molding process.

So apparently I'm really bad about remembering where I post things. I did actually finish this costume, though things didn't work out quite as well as I had hoped, but the whole thing was kind of a rush job anyways. Now, onto the pictures!

First, the cowl after molding/pouring Urethane Rubber casts using Smooth-On's Vytaflex line. It took some work to get the shade of red that I wanted, and the proper thickness. Unfortunately my final cowl was a little too thick, so it was very uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time.
11071618_786605298084979_6780050076106869742_o.jpg

Next, the bodysuit all sewn up. It actually fits really good, though I need to lose a little bit of weight lol. Also, I didn't do a great job with the armpit gussets, I'll have to improve those next time.
10916377_781767601902082_4088867207405858692_o.jpg

And lastly, pictures of the final suit at Planet Comicon in 2015. I don't have good pictures of the ear bolts themselves sadly, but I had them 3D printed by a friend, then I molded them and cast them in Flex Foam-It so they would be lightweight and flexible. It actually worked much better than I had hoped, though I wish I would have had more time to weather the mask and ear bolts.
10896180_785171464895029_7512030199781033793_o.jpg10925493_785370828208426_7012874736998277941_o.jpg

We got pictures with Stephen Amell, which was the main reason we went. My wife and I had a wonderful time!

I definitely want to redo this costume in the future with a better fitting bodysuit (or lose some weight so it fits better) make better boots which aren't pictured but trust me they suck, and possibly make a better cowl, since this was like my second time sculpting, and only first time making a rubber cowl like this. Definitely room for improvement.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back