Homemade Hogwarts

The14thDr

Sr Member
Greetings Muggles!!!
Homemade Hogwarts is my personal project, and its sole aim is to recreate the most famous and most obscure props from the Harry Potter franchise.

On the blog, I will post tutorials for everything I build, whereas over here, I will post pictures of my progress. At the moment, I'm celebrating the 2014 Quidditch World Cup by building my very Nimbus 2000 broomstick!!!
So, if you love Harry Potter as much as me, don't forget to check out the blog and get making!!!

Bye Guys!

Last edited:
Just a quick update on my Nimbus 2000. I've got a few progress photos of the handle, and I'll be starting on the tail within a week. A full tutorial will be posted on my blog by September. Enjoy!
IMG_1336.JPG
IMG_1334.JPG
IMG_1485.JPG
IMG_1486.JPG

And last of all a reference pic:
IMG_1338.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
The Nimbus 2000 is looking great! Can't wait to see it completed! Will you be sanding it down and brushing it for that polished wood look? And stenciling in the Nimbus 2000 Logo, or using gold stickers? Keep up the good work!:D

@MXB5: The broom is only made from cardboard and paper mache, and I already tried sanding it, but it didn't make much of a difference. I also coated it in PVA glue to give the whole thing a polished look, but that doesn't really show up in the photos. As for the logo, I have a template onnmy computer that I will use as a stencil when everything's done and dusted.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back