ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

what do you guys think about the new helmet build kits of the shadowtrooper and stormtrooper for $150 each?

I like it and it's rather inexpensive. I had the finished version of their helmet and returned it because it was very poorly trimmed. So the kit is a good idea so you can do it yourself.

I'd need someone who understands corporate-think better than me to weigh in on why Disney/LFL put the kibosh on ANOVOS letting folks know the intricacies of what they have going on, production-side.

Good news. :) I'm still hoping they'll make their current estimate for my FOTK armor kit. I've been itching to get started on it for some time now.

--Jonah

The logic has many layers. But basically, it's Protect the IP, Protect the Process, Protect the workflow, and present a singular design/product.

The flaw in it is that this the only type of product they have where the customers are having to wait upwards of years for what they ordered/paid for. I think the rules need adjusting when you're just as much investor as customer. The big corporation will never see it that way though.

The logic has many layers. But basically, it's Protect the IP, Protect the Process, Protect the workflow, and present a singular design/product.

The flaw in it is that this the only type of product they have where the customers are having to wait upwards of years for what they ordered/paid for. I think the rules need adjusting when you're just as much investor as customer. The big corporation will never see it that way though.

That put to words what was in the back of my head. Thank you for nailing down that gut feeling for me. Yeah, that may be what we need to start voicing, but what is the best avenue? We, the people who pre-order early, who would get the Tier One buy-ins before even a prototype was made... We were/are investing in that item eventually being available for off-the-rack purchasing by those who come later. And as investors we, if not the general public who would only be buying once it was "in stock", deserve to be kept in the loop on the details of our investment. That's what we need to find a way to convey to The Powers That Be. Any ideas how best to go about that?

these are back in stock?!?!?!?!

I didn't think the OT 'Trooper helmets had been released as kits prior -- just finished helmets and finished or kits of the armor. Am I having a brain fart?

--Jonah

That put to words what was in the back of my head. Thank you for nailing down that gut feeling for me. Yeah, that may be what we need to start voicing, but what is the best avenue? We, the people who pre-order early, who would get the Tier One buy-ins before even a prototype was made... We were/are investing in that item eventually being available for off-the-rack purchasing by those who come later. And as investors we, if not the general public who would only be buying once it was "in stock", deserve to be kept in the loop on the details of our investment. That's what we need to find a way to convey to The Powers That Be. Any ideas how best to go about that?

I didn't think the OT 'Trooper helmets had been released as kits prior -- just finished helmets and finished or kits of the armor. Am I having a brain fart?

--Jonah

Yes the helmets have been offered in kit form before.

--Jonah

Good luke trying. They're a multi national multi-billion dollar corporation. All they see and all they will ever these items as are products sold to the public and therefore will fall within the rules of the rest of their products. THAT is the thinking of a giant corporation. They don't have the time or patience to treat these things like the item they actually are. Unless you can convince them that changing their ways will net them millions more in profit, it will never change.

I mean, FFS, look at EFX. They've not done @#$% in YEARS. Screwed people left and right ostensibly for years (don't think it counts when you start delivering 6 years after the fact), made nothing new, frankly are damaging the brand and they've done nothing. That status quo is the status quo. It's a market they're happy to cash the licensing check from, but not one they give a crap about in any real sense of the word.

The problem is that they, those in "corporate-think," do not care. We already understand them. They only want to make money. And anything that slows that process confuses their mindset. IF it can be demonstrated that Disney will LOSE money by not changing their behavior, then you will have their attention. Beyond that, they do not need to be understood prior to action. I mean, I don't have a conversation with a cockroach before I crush it. Disney needs to know that they are blocking Anovos from keeping the kind of contact with pre-order customers that would otherwise prevent customer cancellations of pre-order items after a long, silent wait.

--Jonah

Disney needs to know that they are blocking Anovos from keeping the kind of contact with pre-order customers that would otherwise prevent customer cancellations of pre-order items after a long, silent wait.

Someone who is better at the business and math stuff... If one of y'all would be willing to take a whack at seriously ballpark figures, I'd love to be able to begin putting together a message that lays out things like lost revenues to Disney, as license-holder, due to the things ANOVOS has had to cancel due to lack of interest, caused by prior delays they have been gagged about. It's a domino effect that can be shown with dollar signs. The Shoretrooper/AT-ACT/Tank Driver armor, canceled. Multiple paint apps for one physical asset. Weathered and clean, standard and officer/squad leader, etc. How many thousands of dollars did ANOVOS not receive for having to cancel that, and, consequently, how much did Lucasfilm and Disney lose as their cut?

--Jonah

I don’t want to come off as a jerk, but I’m surprised the snow trooper helmet is more then the normal trooper helmet.
I would think there’s less vacuum casting involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t want to come off as a jerk, but I’m surprised the snow trooper helmet is more then the normal trooper helmet.
I would think there’s less vacuum casting involved

My guess is they are not making as many so the manufacturing cost is a bit more.

Interesting thought - in correspondence with Anovos today, I was told that they are trying to work a way to ramp up their updates in the future. And I was invited to follow up with more suggestions. Nice to hear.

Someone who is better at the business and math stuff... If one of y'all would be willing to take a whack at seriously ballpark figures, I'd love to be able to begin putting together a message that lays out things like lost revenues to Disney, as license-holder, due to the things ANOVOS has had to cancel due to lack of interest, caused by prior delays they have been gagged about. It's a domino effect that can be shown with dollar signs. The Shoretrooper/AT-ACT/Tank Driver armor, canceled. Multiple paint apps for one physical asset. Weathered and clean, standard and officer/squad leader, etc. How many thousands of dollars did ANOVOS not receive for having to cancel that, and, consequently, how much did Lucasfilm and Disney lose as their cut?

--Jonah

- - - Updated - - -

No. That doesn´t matters.

Why not?

--Jonah

Pretty sure it's already been established, but the problem is that this is a niche market. You could tell them you'd double their profits from Anovos with a couple simple changes and they wouldn't bother to listen as it's way too small a piece of the merchandising pie.

Anovos makes, what? 5000 of a costume or helmet? Hasbro sells 5000 figures a day, probably more than that. It's not mainstream enough for it be a relevant stream of revenue or something they care about making it a more customer friendly process. I mean, look at the prop store. They went under quick and there wasn't a shred of give a crap from disney. They don't mind getting money from this market, but if it went away over night, they wouldn't bat an eye.

One reason as cebaoth said.....to small to be really of interest to change established procedures.

The second......the bigger a company, the more tiers it has, the more each tier tries to play safe. No own decisions without ok from others, no personal engagement that can cause problems if things may go south.

I was 18 years at a small oilfield company - if a problem occurred, the person in charge tried to fix it, asap. When no chance to fix it fast, the next tier was informed.

Now I work for a much bigger company. And next to no one wants to be responsible for anything. Not without a lot of big meetings, dozens of people who have to give all their ok. Things that could be fixed in a few days now take weeks or months.

Anyone know if anovos will be doing a Vader again? And anyone know what big body mannequin fits the anovos setup correctly?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back