ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I would say more irresponsible than unethical. It's too bad we can't get another company like MR that consistently put out quality product for SW. If Anovos were to go out of business I'd hope someone better than them or EFX could pick up the license. These companies own a license to print money and are letting it go to waste.
No, "unethical" is appropriate also. If you take customer's money knowing that you have a history of missing most deadlines and at this point everything they promise is a lie. Giving false deadlines is 100% unethical. Once is forgivable, but over and over is unethical.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No, "unethical" is appropriate also. If you take customer's money knowing that you have a history of missing most deadlines and at this point everything they promise is a lie. Giving false deadlines is 100% unethical. Once is forgivable, but over and over is unethical.

I really wasn't trying to get into a pissing match, so I hope you're not taking it as personal as your response sounds.

Agreed: totally unethical, the repeated lying and lead-ons. These people lack thoroughness in their set up and I suspect spent the initial monies on themselves rather than on securing the machinations of delivering. In looking through their names and facebook accounts I saw one of the Anovos people beaming over his new house in California a couple years ago. Coincidence? They considered themselves a success when they got all the money for all the orders - not when they successfully completed the transactions. New, green, inexperienced children...

As long as people continue to send their money to them, the same lack of Customer service will continue.

There are quite a few things I would like to get from them but I am certainly not going to fund their foolishness

Received this jewel this morning regarding the Gold Leader helmet:
Star Wars Gold Leader Helmet Rebel Pilot Accessory. We had previously planned to receive these items in time to deliver to customers this Summer. However after reassessing current timelines and other projects with the production team responsible for these helmets, we have to reschedule the future delivery projection of the current run to Winter 2018. We will continue to diligently monitor production progress, and if a determination is made that this helmet will complete at an earlier time I will notify you via a future update.

We found that moving projects to different manufacturers has improved our ability to provide a full range of items to customers this season, and we continue to strive for that goal. This upcoming season has promised to be our opportunity to finish outstanding projects and continue to move forward with a number of other wonderful items that are planned for release in the coming year. We sincerely appreciate that you continue to stand with us as we move forward. Thank you for being an ANOVOS customer!

Hearing everyone else's stories on here makes me wonder why I fell for this. Almost feels like it should be illegal. Horrible and unethical business practice to say the least. They will not survive.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as people continue to send their money to them, the same lack of Customer service will continue.

There are quite a few things I would like to get from them but I am certainly not going to fund their foolishness
I've never purchased anything from them before being new to collecting helmets. My friend showed me the helmet online and I got excited based on his Anovos collection that I really liked. However he never told me that he's never pre ordered any of them. I came across this thread after the fact. So now I've learned my lesson. Will never pre order anything from them again.

I was going to buy a few things from them but I will not order again until no products at all from Anovos ever get bumped for at least 2 years. That is fair from any legitimate point of view.

I've never purchased anything from them before being new to collecting helmets. My friend showed me the helmet online and I got excited based on his Anovos collection that I really liked. However he never told me that he's never pre ordered any of them. I came across this thread after the fact. So now I've learned my lesson. Will never pre order anything from them again.

Got an email yesterday that Cassian Andor jackets were bumped to Winter 2018 now. So far it looks like I'll have it in time for the premiere of Episode X in a couple of years. :behave

The one thing about the email is it reads to be like they have switched manufacturers which bumped EVERYTHING but means they may be able to produce more stuff in a timely manner in the future. I hope that is the case any way I have quite a few items paid for and not yet delivered that I'd like to get. :)

No, I was referencing that they have said that before and nothing has changed.

Anovos is quickly becoming the eFx of the costuming vendors. :unsure

It means they had to start over with several things. Happens. But we were kept in the dark about it.

Oh right - I hear what you are saying. It took them time to pull out of any overseas labor and completely restart here - find the people, the facilities, etc. THEN they had to take the time to make new stuff so nothing will change until they are up to speed. You'll note that they are not offering pre-orders of anything all that complex right now. And there is a lot that is "not available" until they catch up. I at least hope this is the case. I am told that my Kylo costume has "finished production" which means that all the costumes exist. However, the inspection and boxing of them will probably cause me to miss another Halloween - which is, yes, disappointing and stupid because that is the whole point. Big time. The only reason I have not cancelled is that I am told everything has been made/ exists. It is just a matter of shipping it. That said, everyone with whom I ordered stuff (friends/ family) has cancelled their orders of various things and moved on.

No, I was referencing that they have said that before and nothing has changed.

Anovos is quickly becoming the eFx of the costuming vendors. :unsure

I bought the Imperial Officer jacket/trousers as they were discounted and ‘in stock’.

5 weeks later and still no word or any indication when it will ship.

I’ve done the preorder thing before, so expect the delay, but why am I still waiting for ‘in stock’ items?

Message sent, but I assume they don’t pick up at weekends?

Okay that truly sucks. Like really. Wow. If I were you I would log on to Anovos during the week and engage in a live chat in addition to sending an email. And maybe have a screenshot of your order confirmation.

Maybe tell them you would not dare ever pre-order from them again but that running into these delays with an in-stock item is unacceptable. They need to send this coming week.

There were so so so many people out here opting in with tedious messages about how we have to be patient, understanding, accept that there is a "learning curve," and other such crap. It is amazing how quiet that has all gotten. Just dazzling.

I bought the Imperial Officer jacket/trousers as they were discounted and ‘in stock’.

5 weeks later and still no word or any indication when it will ship.

I’ve done the preorder thing before, so expect the delay, but why am I still waiting for ‘in stock’ items?

Message sent, but I assume they don’t pick up at weekends?

Okay that truly sucks. Like really. Wow. If I were you I would log on to Anovos during the week and engage in a live chat in addition to sending an email. And maybe have a screenshot of your order confirmation.

Maybe tell them you would not dare ever pre-order from them again but that running into these delays with an in-stock item is unacceptable. They need to send this coming week.

There were so so so many people out here opting in with tedious messages about how we have to be patient, understanding, accept that there is a "learning curve," and other such crap. It is amazing how quiet that has all gotten. Just dazzling.

What really p***** me off is the fact they sent emails out saying ‘look here, 20% off Imperial gear, blah, blah, blah...in stock and shipping’.

Now I was actually caught by the email and reeled in- it was actually an impulse buy, had done some overtime and thought it would look great on a mannequin, so I thought what the hell!

So well done to the Anovos marketing team, really earning their money, but don’t believe the crap in the emails they churn out!

I know. I used to be so very excited over what they were offering. I got to handle the prototype and was even prepared to miss one Halloween. Then I really got my hopes up, getting excited about my really expensive purchase and they bumped it for the 2nd Halloween. Now, Halloween #3 and it still will not be here for sure.

I am not excited anymore but I am not going to cancel. I can always sell it if it all feels dead when I open the box.

Like for a lot of us, Halloween is a lot of fun and something we look forward to. But when they lead you on, that it will be here, that what they owe you several times over will show up, you don't make other plans. And then you get left with just a funny t-shirt and a Twilight Zone marathon or whatever.

I don't have any time to make my own costumes anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how much it is going to hurt them by switching to US manufacturing - we will likely never know exactly how many issues they were having with China QC, but I would guess enough to warrant the switch.

I'm curious if you make progress this week. Post the results for us? If you go to the site now there should be someone to live chat with bottom right corner or something.

What really p***** me off is the fact they sent emails out saying ‘look here, 20% off Imperial gear, blah, blah, blah...in stock and shipping’.

Now I was actually caught by the email and reeled in- it was actually an impulse buy, had done some overtime and thought it would look great on a mannequin, so I thought what the hell!

So well done to the Anovos marketing team, really earning their money, but don’t believe the crap in the emails they churn out!

I'm curious if you make progress this week. Post the results for us? If you go to the site now there should be someone to live chat with bottom right corner or something.

Unfortunately very little progress. Received a reply, today which didn’t really move things on any further:

‘I have let fulfillment know that you are waiting on your items.
I will let you know as soon as they get back to me with a status.’

So now going to have to wait even longer. Do these people know how to run a business?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back