ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Hi guys. Wanted to share what I discovered happened to my Phasma helmet. Cracks appeared all over the chrome. It’s definitely a problem with the curing of the chrome paint. I received this early this year, and it was fine. I just discovered it when I had a closer look recently. Have sent an email to Anovos, waiting for their reply.

Anyone else have this problem?

And no, it’s not displayed in any damp or direct sunlight.

7d5fcc99cfb2035cfc6f4e89c61b429b.jpg

65160b2f0be60057ae1239523ec0ec7a.jpg

ae18598e74ac9e561fc474d29390095e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that is unfortunate :( did u try contacting anovos? Will they stand behind it?

Hi guys. Wanted to share what I discovered happened to my Phasma helmet. Cracks appeared all over the chrome. It’s definitely a problem with the curing of the chrome paint. I received this early this year, and it was fine. I just discovered it when I had a closer look recently. Have sent an email to Anovos, waiting for their reply.

Anyone else have this problem?

And no, it’s not displayed in any damp or direct sunlight.

Yeah- this seems to be a common issue. If you go a couple of pages back there are a number of people who have seen the same thing happen to their clear-coats. Similar experiences recorded on the Rebelscum forums too.

Let us know if you get a response from Anovos. Did you buy from the directly? I would worry that if this is an issue on the majority of helmets they may be unlikely or unable to do like-for-like replacements.

Yeah- this seems to be a common issue. If you go a couple of pages back there are a number of people who have seen the same thing happen to their clear-coats. Similar experiences recorded on the Rebelscum forums too.

Let us know if you get a response from Anovos. Did you buy from the directly? I would worry that if this is an issue on the majority of helmets they may be unlikely or unable to do like-for-like replacements.

Yes I bought it directly from Anovos.

I have also read that there are other facing the same issue.

Yes this is a fairly common occurrence. And mine is like this as well. Purchased mine in a brick and mortar store in my country. Got it sent back for a replacement. Its not here yet but I got a strong feeling it's gonna be the same situation with the replacement.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, the clear does not seem to adhere well to the chromed surface. I do wonder if removing the clear coat (say with a very fine sand paper) will make it look better.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, the clear does not seem to adhere well to the chromed surface. I do wonder if removing the clear coat (say with a very fine sand paper) will make it look better.

Looks like Anovos has their own Helmet fiasco brewing like eFX's Scout Trooper :unsure
If you are referring to the Phasma helmets, there is a huge difference, Anovos actually delivered them. We will see how they respond to the issue.

I don't see the issues on mine. Maybe certain conditions like light, temperature. humidity, etc cause it to happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I finally paid off my TK kit using the partially pay plan. But they went out of stock before that. Am I lucky enough to have them set aside a set for the 2017 fall delivery?

My belief is that after you finish a payment plan you'll get one when they get the next batch in. They are definitely NOT holding one for you because people can cancel the payment plan, etc.

My belief is that after you finish a payment plan you'll get one when they get the next batch in. They are definitely NOT holding one for you because people can cancel the payment plan, etc.

I asked customer support and yes they do hold sets for the payment plan. I will be getting a set for fall 2017.

"Our payment plan orders have the items on them reserved from the total stock for them to keep until they are paid off as well as ready to ship"

A contract IS signed for the payment plan.

Oh it can go "south" REAL fast!

Depending on the number of Helmets needed to be replaced this can turn into a just as big of a nightmare as the eFX one.

If you are referring to the Phasma helmets, there is a huge difference, Anovos actually delivered them. We will see how they respond to the issue.

I don't see the issues on mine. Maybe certain conditions like light, temperature. humidity, etc cause it to happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So Anovos replied on the cracked chrome for Phasma.

They do not do replacements, but offer 15% refund if you want to keep the helmet, or full refund if you return the helmet.

So Anovos replied on the cracked chrome for Phasma.

They do not do replacements, but offer 15% refund if you want to keep the helmet, or full refund if you return the helmet.

So are going to get the refund or replace It? And I never knew the cracking was a problem[emoji54]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sounds like they aren't making more anytime soon. Hence, no replacement. If they even have any left, they believe they'll crack as well.

So are going to get the refund or replace It? And I never knew the cracking was a problem[emoji54]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There is no replacement. Only partial or full refund.

I think I’ll keep the helmet and get the partial.

I returned my Shoretrooper Helmet awhile ago and was waiting for a refund which never came. I decided to call my CC company today though and it looks like I'll be getting my money back ;) Anyways do you plan on attempting to repair the cracked chrome?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back