ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

A completed helmet is $549.95.

I don't know how these compare to other AT-AT helmets.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Damn, i bought at the right time (i.e. the wait was worth it). Mine was 349 assembled I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how this reply was meant but I've seen comments like this over the years. As someone who has been around here since 1999, this type of statement rubs me the wrong way.

This forum is for those fans so moved by the emotional impact of props and costumes in movie, TV, etc... that we want to discuss, share, build replicas of said costumes. Although we endeavor to research the true details we often make the choice to deviate from accuracy based on needs, desires, skills, resources, and/or budget.

To say "The entire RPF forum is about accuracy" is a slap in the face to any here who ever built a sink tube lightsaber, modified an exiting role-play toy, shaped a piece of Sculpy, or sewed a costume piece with nothing but a piece of polyester and a memory.

This entire site is NOT about the accuracy of prop and costume replicas, it is about the LOVE of prop and costume replicas.

I'd say that's true. But there is a sizable contingent of accuracy first minded people here. Some of whom are fairly vocal which gives that type of impression.

Mmmm. The Tie was 349$ and 299$ at Tier 1 but I do remember the AT-AT being more expensive!

That being said, I still don’t know if accuracy wise it’s worth getting at the price!

It is important to read the description of the products closely. The Anovos vacuformed helmets (OT Stormtrooper, OT TIE Pilot, OT AT-AT) mention ABS construction, but not injection molded. Some of the listings say vacuformed, but not all. Others like the First Order standard line helmets say injection molded. Ideally all of the listings would specify the type of construction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mmmm. The Tie was 349$ and 299$ at Tier 1 but I do remember the AT-AT being more expensive!

That being said, I still don’t know if accuracy wise it’s worth getting at the price!
I also remember the AT-AT helmet being higher than the TIE.

I bought my AT-AT helmet for $399 I can't remember if that was one of the tier pricing or not. And I got the standard Tie pilot helmet for $314, again I'm not sure/ don't remember if that was tier pricing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just remember it wasn't remotely 550. It was close to, but a tad bit more than the TIE as I recall. By tad, i mean like 50 bucks or so difference.

TIE Pilot (Vader Wingman) tier 1 price $339.95
Snowtrooper tier 1 price $189.95
AT-AT Driver tier 1 price $399.95
Darth Vader tier 1 $299.95

Not sure how this reply was meant but I've seen comments like this over the years. As someone who has been around here since 1999, this type of statement rubs me the wrong way.

This forum is for those fans so moved by the emotional impact of props and costumes in movie, TV, etc... that we want to discuss, share, build replicas of said costumes. Although we endeavor to research the true details we often make the choice to deviate from accuracy based on needs, desires, skills, resources, and/or budget.

To say "The entire RPF forum is about accuracy" is a slap in the face to any here who ever built a sink tube lightsaber, modified an exiting role-play toy, shaped a piece of Sculpy, or sewed a costume piece with nothing but a piece of polyester and a memory.

This entire site is NOT about the accuracy of prop and costume replicas, it is about the LOVE of prop and costume replicas.

I don't disagree with you regarding the love for props. RPF remains one of the few places where you can see building of genuine parts props like Obi saber, Graflex conversions, Fett blasters etc., as well as accurate props, models and helmets/armors. My problem lays with people who make reviews of certain items, not knowing anything about them, and not being interested in knowing more either, considering how easy is to inform yourself today about almost anything. That rubs me the wrong way.

TIE Pilot (Vader Wingman) tier 1 price $339.95
Snowtrooper tier 1 price $189.95
AT-AT Driver tier 1 price $399.95
Darth Vader tier 1 $299.95

Don't want to drag this for too long, but just to prevent confusion, we're talking OT Tie Pilot wingman here :

Order #ANOVOS-4126  ANOVOS Productions LLC - Google Chrome.jpg

I think as the person who spent your money on this product, you are entitled to your opinion. I think your review is valid. You had certain expectations and they were not met. I've seen others who said the same thing. I was interested in this helmet and also the future Inferno version that is coming. Thanks to reviews such as this, I am passing on this helmet and I am awaiting actual in hand reviews of the Inferno helmet before I commit because I think I would feel the same way as you do.

You have to remember these helmets replicate the originals....Material construction and all. His opinion while he is entitled to it is not really all that valid when you realize the originals where made EXACTLY the same way, flimsy and wonky. I hate how the public perceives OT props to be super study and ultra high quality when in fact were not.

Eh, I won't disagree with him, in a sense. I don't feel it was intended to be a snide comment, but to the point that such topics/reviews have been done repeatedly.

The other side to the argument in regards to "accuracy," I've found a frustration in reading reviews where the reviewer has very little to no baseline understanding of the prop that their replica is based off of. Why is this important? Because when they complain about certain things which are correct in terms of the movie props, they often treat it like it's a mistake that warrants a refund. The most "mainstream" example of this is after the Anovos TK armor kits shipped, and A LOT of people who didn't bother to open up google and enter "stormtrooper," didn't understand why the armor was wonky and imperfect, and those people were ANGRY and BELIEVED the armor they got was not "formed" correctly, resulting in returns/selling them off.

It's like when I was looking at video reviews of the Hot Toys Snowtrooper figures. There was one review I just had to shut off because not even a minute into it, he put the backpacks upside-down on BOTH figures and promptly started to complain about how "bad" the way the pack connects to the figure was. I mean, seriously?

So coming onto the RPF to see a review of similar caliber to examples above can come off as, well, ignorant. Not trying to sound like a jerk, but the RPF has largely evolved over the years, and I remember back when they had limited registration. I always saw this site prior to it as being the "source" for all things movie-accurate and the go-to for research/analysis.

Yea, ya'll role played and made props with whatever you had available at the time, I think a lot of us did cause that's what we do as kids, but a lot of you ended up maturing in the hobby over the years to represent a stronger culture on "definitive" replicas and whatnot. While there's a few other sites, the RPF is the most recognized and active source for replicas that's not exclusive to one genre or franchise.

This RIGHT HERE is gospel. I can not hit the like buttom as many times as I want to with out the site stopping me! LOL

What don't you like about It?

I totally agree it took way too long.

It doesn’t look nearly as good as the original images they sold me on. I’m still sad that they killed the weathering. The abs plastic isn’t even trimmed well so the helmet looks rushed and sloppy. Not what you’d expect after years of waiting.

It doesn’t look nearly as good as the original images they sold me on. I’m still sad that they killed the weathering. The abs plastic isn’t even trimmed well so the helmet looks rushed and sloppy. Not what you’d expect after years of waiting.

Pictures sure would help.

I've been complaining about how this helmet was handled for months now, and even told them they had to change the image of Moncal's helmet cause people were going to question why the product looks completely different.

I don't disagree with you regarding the love for props. RPF remains one of the few places where you can see building of genuine parts props like Obi saber, Graflex conversions, Fett blasters etc., as well as accurate props, models and helmets/armors. My problem lays with people who make reviews of certain items, not knowing anything about them, and not being interested in knowing more either, considering how easy is to inform yourself today about almost anything. That rubs me the wrong way.

You have to remember these helmets replicate the originals....Material construction and all. His opinion while he is entitled to it is not really all that valid when you realize the originals where made EXACTLY the same way, flimsy and wonky. I hate how the public perceives OT props to be super study and ultra high quality when in fact were not.

there was nothing wrong with the OP's review. He openly admitted to not knowing about accuracy. His review was in regards to expectations. Go to and https://www.anovos.com/collections/...-lt-oxixo-imperial-tie-pilot-helmet-accessory and tell me were it says:

Exact filming production standards
Will be wonky
Flimsy to the touch
Not made to be lopsided but once put in the non accurate liner, it were throw it out of whack

What is does say is: Helmet is created from visual reference of the original prop

Which means they had some pictures. Well guess what. We fans have had pictures of these props for 40 years and still finding new details.

They never promised or indicated the materials they utilized are exact. They could have used a better quality ABS so that it would not be flimsy and not be distorted once the NON-ACCURATE liner/adjustment system is put in place.

An Anovos customer should be able to go to the website, see the images, read the description and have a decent expectation of what they want. I hate to tell you all this but not everyone who wants to buy a helmet is coming to RPF or even interested in props and costumes as a hobby AND THEY DO NOT NEED TO BE ONE. Most people just want an item of what they perceive on screen, not a history lesson and THAT SHOULD BE THE CASE.

So what are you saying: Anovos could post Clone armor for sale and they could actually deliver a green spandex suit with ping pong balls attached?

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back