ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Was just thinking the other day why they hadn’t done the Han ANH outfit, but boy, that’s a lot of $$$.

Irrelevant anyway as I’m outside the US!

Are we stuck with this new licensing thing, or is it likely to change? Can’t believe how much money they’ll be losing!

https://www.anovos.com/collections/anovos-signature-line

View attachment 812350

“Signature Line” will be a tier above the “Premier” stuff, apparently. Partly made in the US, according to the link.

This looks pretty good but I'm surprised they're looking to make things even more expensive. And for a fairly simple costume, no less. I assume this will eventually be offered as a "standard line" item but I'm curious what sets this apart from from their "premiere line" offerings.

Yeah, the description/overview at the link talks about how the line might use the exact materials in some cases (can’t see that happening except for maybe with prequel or sequel trilogyvcostumes), but I’m not sure how this particular costume is a different caliber than, say, the Premier version Kylo Ren.

Yeah, the description/overview at the link talks about how the line might use the exact materials in some cases (can’t see that happening except for maybe with prequel or sequel trilogyvcostumes), but I’m not sure how this particular costume is a different caliber than, say, the Premier version Kylo Ren.

I just saw the Signature Line intro page at their website and it sheds some light. The higher price seems to be due to:

1. Higher quality, more expensive materials
2. More attention to detail/better accuracy in reproduction
3. Domestic production with faster turnaround

Again, that's all great. But except for the #3 (which those that have pre-ordered from Anovos will be skeptical of), these are all things that I always thought were part of the Anovos brand. For them to now say "hey, we can get you a better product more quickly but it will cost you more" kind of feels like a smoke and mirrors marketing solution to some of the issues they've been having with their product for a while now.

I just saw the Signature Line intro page at their website and it sheds some light. The higher price seems to be due to:

1. Higher quality, more expensive materials
2. More attention to detail/better accuracy in reproduction
3. Domestic production with faster turnaround

Again, that's all great. But except for the #3 (which those that have pre-ordered from Anovos will be skeptical of), these are all things that I always thought were part of the Anovos brand. For them to now say "hey, we can get you a better product more quickly but it will cost you more" kind of feels like a smoke and mirrors marketing solution to some of the issues they've been having with their product for a while now.

I would not say smoke and mirrors more like a fact of modern manufacturing. Bring production to the states means it will get done quicker and they will have more say in scheduling BUT it always costs more to made in the USA. It is that manufacturing triangle we all love t talk about! (If you don't know it is ->cost->speed->quality->)

I would not say smoke and mirrors more like a fact of modern manufacturing. Bring production to the states means it will get done quicker and they will have more say in scheduling BUT it always costs more to made in the USA. It is that manufacturing triangle we all love t talk about! (If you don't know it is ->cost->speed->quality->)

I suppose "smoke and mirrors" is not fair— I just mean that it's unfortunate the only way they've found to fix their production issues is to charge the customer more money.

Yeah, but 450 for a vest?? Must be some uber-expensive material.

Hell I went yesterday wanting to get the Luke X-WIng helmet and 6 days after initial offer you can no longer order it. Damn...

Last edited:
That is VERY expensive for a full cloth costume, especially since the vest is still a Poly blend. That much for a poly blend vest? Come on now they are just being difficult now.

Hell Magnoli's Vest AND pants are full cotton and are far cheaper!!

Yeah one of the first things I did after seeing Anovos's offering was to match it against Magnoli's. Granted, it's possible Anovos's is more accurate, but you can get the corresponding items from Magnoli (including a custom shirt— not the ready-made "falcon" shirt) for almost 1/3rd the price.

Funny thing is that I recently got some ANH items from Magnoli after assuming Anovos would skip the ANH Solo costume in favor of the upcoming SOLO ASWS look and I don't regret that decision one bit. I'm not trying to shill for Magnoli— I'm just struggling to understand Anovos's pricing model.

]\
Hell I went yesterday wanting to get the Luke X-WIng helmet and 6 days after initial offer you can no longer order it. Damn...

Yep, noticed that as well. Looks like they'll do another "wave" however. There might have been a bigger demand than they were expecting and they had to cut it off for now.

Yep, noticed that as well. Looks like they'll do another "wave" however. There might have been a bigger demand than they were expecting and they had to cut it off for now.

I don't know why that wasn't one of the first things they made. For those of us that came along after eFX went belly-up the only option was to make one and that's a pretty scary build for me.

I don't know why that wasn't one of the first things they made. For those of us that came along after eFX went belly-up the only option was to make one and that's a pretty scary build for me.

I'm guessing they didn't want to encroach too much on eFX in the beginning since eFX had already made a fiberglass Luke X-Wing helmet, but considering the current state of eFX, they shouldn't have to worry anymore. Seems like eFX is pretty much done considering the lack of any products.

But totally agree, doing the paint work is fun on an X-Wing helmet is fun, but not easy to achieve the right look. Considering Anovos's previous paint and weathering work, I think they'll do a good job.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back