ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I ordered this from ANOVOS in Oct 2017 and it was $550, although that may have been tiered pricing.

Is it my imagination or do Anovos add a few dollars to their stuff just before one of their many sales? I just don’t remember the AT-ACT helmet being $595 on its release. Or maybe it’s just my age?

Speaking of...Has anyone received their trimmed FO kits? They were supppsed to be shipping “in the order the purchase was made” beginning March 20th and ending September......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What they have been doing, in order to save face, is say that something is shipping in a window between "now" (for which it was scheduled) and sometime down the road. And in each case, AT BEST, things get shipped out on the extreme back end of that window. So Kylo, for instance, is scheduled to ship Spring/ Summer but now we are ending the Summer season with nothing having shipped in Spring. Deep Communist states during the Cold War did this a lot: twisting themselves in to pretzels to avoid embarrassment.

So FO kits anyone?

Speaking of...Has anyone received their trimmed FO kits? They were supppsed to be shipping “in the order the purchase was made” beginning March 20th and ending September......

What they have been doing, in order to save face, is say that something is shipping in a window between "now" (for which it was scheduled) and sometime down the road. And in each case, AT BEST, things get shipped out on the extreme back end of that window. So Kylo, for instance, is scheduled to ship Spring/ Summer but now we are ending the Summer season with nothing having shipped in Spring. Deep Communist states during the Cold War did this a lot: twisting themselves in to pretzels to avoid embarrassment.

So FO kits anyone?

Thanks for the info buddy! Yes, this was my fear....unbelievable. They need to get their S . . T together.

Yes - and I am all about being supportive and understanding and all of that - but only if there is open communication. But Anovos will be communicative and say what is up, right? but then totally ignore the fact that they said it. For example, they will swear up and down that something is scheduled to ship by a certain date and, at the end of that window, just bump it out 6 months or a year like nothing was ever stated. And with a very very inadequate explanation. After that they will blame Disney for keeping them quiet.

Thanks for the info buddy! Yes, this was my fear....unbelievable. They need to get their S . . T together.

Yes - and I am all about being supportive and understanding and all of that - but only if there is open communication. But Anovos will be communicative and say what is up, right? but then totally ignore the fact that they said it. For example, they will swear up and down that something is scheduled to ship by a certain date and, at the end of that window, just bump it out 6 months or a year like nothing was ever stated. And with a very very inadequate explanation. After that they will blame Disney for keeping them quiet.

Agreed...I’m a business owner so I definitely understand sometimes “things happen”. That said, I also understand (as you stated) keeping the customers “in the loop” and aware of said happenings. I have until now, kept my mouth shut, giving them the benefit of the doubt. I placed my order in October of 2016...this delay is just uncalled for.

OT ATAT helmet now slipping into Fall and OT Sandtrooper has been pushed out to Winter. But since they say the sandtrooper has only just reached the preproduction approval stage chances are it won't be until next summer when it's done. :unsure

Right. Their "update" says this below. What gets me is that they have people over there who do not know how to write. Fewer and fewer people do but their first sentence is laughable. "Smoothly"?!!!! LOL. Not only that, it is wordy as if to impress. And what approval is needed after these folks have already turned out a number of these same helmets? Lots of polysyllabic self-stimulation here.

• This helmet has smoothly completed the approval and manufacturing processes through the pre-production sample stage. However, after reassessing current timelines and other projects with the production team responsible for these helmets, we must reschedule the future delivery projection to Winter 2018. We will continue to diligently monitor production progress, and if a determination is made that this helmet will complete at an earlier time I will notify you via a future update.
Next batch of Kylo Ren helmet bumped to Winter 2018

How 'bout this.... You might get a laugh:

"Your product is finished and ready to ship but we are now checking the design and materials to make sure they are safe and not flammable. And not only is it finished but your product has wonderfully and beautifully completed the concept and finished stages all the way through such that we can complete the prototype before production. However, upon looking at the gravity of the situation with regard to viewing the seriousness, we deem it necessary to project delivery to Spring of 2037. Additionally, there is gravity within the seriousness of the gravity of the situation such that we are unable to lift any of the items at our fulfillment center. We will monitor the proceedings and never tell you what is going on even though we are monitoring a potential determination of anything related to the seriousness with which I write you, our valued customer, this day. We appreciate your patience and know that some descendant of yours will enjoy receiving a surprise box of science fiction clothing when they retire."

So here's in interesting story.
Last year I ordered a Han Solo gun belt. Eventually received it only to find out it was too big. I initiated an exchange for a small but was told they were not available and I would have to hold the belt until they got them back in stock in a couple months. I was hesitant but agreed. In the meantime I had signed up for a notification on the site to let me know when the size was back in stock. Can you guess what happened next?

More than a couple of months went by... I eventually got an e-mail notice saying they were in stock. I promptly contacted customer service and was told the in-stock status on the website is actually just a notice that they are once again taking pre-orders for a later delivery date which I was promised would be in the next month or so. My last e-mail exchange was initiated by me on August 8. I received a response on August 17th saying they were "working a few logistics involving the matter" whatever that means. This return process was imitated back in January of this year.

Cheers

RIGHT!!! Lol!!!! What is "working a few logistics involving the matter" - that word salad is meant by someone to sound impressive. Why not "working a few logistics involving the seriousness of the matter?" Why not more? It's amazing. And "in stock" means "pre-order?!" Two or three posts above this I had written a fake email from Anovos but no one thought it was funny or got the joke. You might enjoy. Be my one fan haha.

So here's in interesting story.
Last year I ordered a Han Solo gun belt. Eventually received it only to find out it was too big. I initiated an exchange for a small but was told they were not available and I would have to hold the belt until they got them back in stock in a couple months. I was hesitant but agreed. In the meantime I had signed up for a notification on the site to let me know when the size was back in stock. Can you guess what happened next?

More than a couple of months went by... I eventually got an e-mail notice saying they were in stock. I promptly contacted customer service and was told the in-stock status on the website is actually just a notice that they are once again taking pre-orders for a later delivery date which I was promised would be in the next month or so. My last e-mail exchange was initiated by me on August 8. I received a response on August 17th saying they were "working a few logistics involving the matter" whatever that means. This return process was imitated back in January of this year.

Cheers

Received this jewel this morning regarding the Gold Leader helmet:
Star Wars Gold Leader Helmet Rebel Pilot Accessory. We had previously planned to receive these items in time to deliver to customers this Summer. However after reassessing current timelines and other projects with the production team responsible for these helmets, we have to reschedule the future delivery projection of the current run to Winter 2018. We will continue to diligently monitor production progress, and if a determination is made that this helmet will complete at an earlier time I will notify you via a future update.

We found that moving projects to different manufacturers has improved our ability to provide a full range of items to customers this season, and we continue to strive for that goal. This upcoming season has promised to be our opportunity to finish outstanding projects and continue to move forward with a number of other wonderful items that are planned for release in the coming year. We sincerely appreciate that you continue to stand with us as we move forward. Thank you for being an ANOVOS customer!

Hearing everyone else's stories on here makes me wonder why I fell for this. Almost feels like it should be illegal. Horrible and unethical business practice to say the least. They will not survive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearing everyone else's stories on here makes me wonder why I fell for this. Almost feels like it should be illegal. Horrible and unethical business practice to say the least. They will not survive.
I would say more irresponsible than unethical. It's too bad we can't get another company like MR that consistently put out quality product for SW. If Anovos were to go out of business I'd hope someone better than them or EFX could pick up the license. These companies own a license to print money and are letting it go to waste.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back