ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I can agree with being able to get a more accurate helmet, but I'm not sure about finding finished helmets that are more accurate for less. Certain ones take a long time to arrive as well.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

You can get a Darth Ugly for 500USD.

That one despite lacking lineage is a more accurate helmet overall than the Anovos.

There is currently a four month wait but that is nothing compared to those who ordered the Anovos two years ago.

You can get a Darth Ugly for 500USD.

That one despite lacking lineage is a more accurate helmet overall than the Anovos.

There is currently a four month wait but that is nothing compared to those who ordered the Anovos two years ago.
Yes, I forgot about the Darth Ugly helmets. I've paid more attention to the Quasi helmets.

The early Anovos orders took about 2 years, but orders placed now don't take anywhere near that long. It sounds like they are getting enough orders to do several runs a year.

I was wondering if anyone else got shipping notification and shipping payment request for the OT Stormtrooper kit? Way back when I ordered it I used the payment plan and just discovered that 10 days ago I got a request to pay the shipping. What I felt was strange about it was when I paid for the shipping at no point did I have an opportunity to put in my order number. So I'm not exactly sure how Anovos knows what shipping I was paying for.

I get emails daily from Anovos for discounts on products and I end up deleting them all to clear out my inbox. I'm lucky I even noticed what this was before deleting it. Like I said it was 10 days ago and I thought it was strange I never got a followup email. I'm not sure what would have happened if I had deleted it.

Did this happen to anyone else? I'm wondering how long after payment did you receive your ST kit.

That happened to me when I ordered the Vader Costume. Had to pay extra $200 for shipping. I don't remember how long after payment it shipped. Maybe a week or 2.

I have not donee the Vader research so I do not know the specifics of an accurate copy but does your helmet sort of 'c' from the front view? I also just got mine and it does look great but the left side (looking at it) sticks out a lot more than the right. It is very noticable head on and from the bottom. This may be more accurate than symmetrical, I just have no idea.

I have not donee the Vader research so I do not know the specifics of an accurate copy but does your helmet sort of 'c' from the front view? I also just got mine and it does look great but the left side (looking at it) sticks out a lot more than the right. It is very noticable head on and from the bottom. This may be more accurate than symmetrical, I just have no idea.

Not sure what you mean by 'C' from the front view but if you are talking about the dome, the right side is supposed to flair out more than the left.

The mouth area is also slightly slanted.

This accurate to the original prop. Nothing is symmetrical on it.

Rey's Jakku X-Wing Helmet is up for sale: https://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-the-force-awakens-rey-salvaged-x-wing-helmet-accessory

$350 (there's also a discount code)

I hope this means they'll start offering OT rebel helmets soon. I'd be far more likely to jump on a completed and accurate ABS OT pilot helmet than Rey's (although Rey's helmet looks fantastic).
I wonder why they weathered this one but not the Poe helmet. The weathering looks pretty good although not quite screen accurate.

Man, if they start making various original trilogy Rebel pilot helmets at this price... I think there's probably half a dozen variants they could do that would sell. Makes the ridiculous prices the EFX ones go for seem even more ridiculous. Glad I decided not to pick one of those up.

I just received the totally awesome Tank Trooper from Anovos. Wished they can fully take over the prop replicas license as well. Bought it on 22nd February and received it couple days ago. 4 month turnaround time! How's that! They have been releasing at pretty fast pace since their R1 helmet offerings.

Man, if they start making various original trilogy Rebel pilot helmets at this price... I think there's probably half a dozen variants they could do that would sell. Makes the ridiculous prices the EFX ones go for seem even more ridiculous. Glad I decided not to pick one of those up.
I would like a kit with various sticker sets for different pilots. That way you can customize and weather it however you want. Some people would buy more than one.

I posted a similar message on the Anovos Facebook page. Anovos replied with "Stay tuned!". I guess a kit option may be in the plans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yep, especially since I bet Anovos can do a better paint job. The obviously manufactured look of the EFX weathering really turned me off.

At $300ish versus $600ish for the retail prices for each, there are arguments one could make for fiberglass over ABS (screen accuracy aside, people inexplicably like buying heavy items...), or numbered limited editions versus open numberless releases. But at the current $2000+ that the Luke helmet goes for, and apparently $1200ish that Wedge goes for, there's really argument to be made. Especially if, as you suggest, the weathering could be improved.

That said, I hope that Anovos doesn't use the Rey helmet to gauge interest for other Rebel pilot designs, since I can't really see many in the costuming community (ostensibly Anovos' primary market) being all that interested in a helmet that served no real function in the film and was worn for about 5 seconds on-screen. Guess we'll see.

The run here by a member was around $500 for the finished product and it sold out quick with quite a few people lamenting missing it. I think the Rey helmet will probably do well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back