ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Oh the huge-manatee!

Did they require proof before they sent out the replacement?

Yeah, I needed to send those pictures as proof that it was destroyed.

One thing, they originally suggested I take a hammer to it, so taking the biggest lump hammer I could get hold of, I spent about 10 minutes laying in to that thing.

10 minutes later, hardly a mark on it- boy these things are seriously strong! Don’t ever worry about dropping one of these, you’ll more likely damage the floor!

In the end, I ran it through a band saw!

Quick different Anovos related question.

They are doing a 20% off deal on Imperial uniforms, but I don’t want to get one and find it’s too tight.

Can anyone who’s bought these tell me if the sizing on the tunic/trousers are pretty accurate, or would I be better going a size up (2XL instead of XL).

Quick different Anovos related question.

They are doing a 20% off deal on Imperial uniforms, but I don’t want to get one and find it’s too tight.

Can anyone who’s bought these tell me if the sizing on the tunic/trousers are pretty accurate, or would I be better going a size up (2XL instead of XL).

Anovos Officer here. I found the sizing to be pretty accurate, but when in doubt order a size larger and get it tailored if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anovos Officer here. I found the sizing to be pretty accurate, but when in doubt order a size larger and get it tailored if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. How’s the quality of the material, and does it’s construction mean it would be reasonably easy to adjust (we’re talking the standard version, here)?

Thanks for that. How’s the quality of the material, and does it’s construction mean it would be reasonably easy to adjust (we’re talking the standard version, here)?

I have the Olive Grey standard and I think its great all around, especially compared to the cheap CosplaySky uniforms most people wear. The material has a nice weight and feels like a real uniform, and the color is spot on. In some lights it looks grey, in others more olive. Just like the movies :lol My only complaint is I wish the jacket collar were stiffer but it didn't bother me enough to get it altered.

I had my pants taken in and my sleeves shortened and I heard no complaints from my seamstress. If the jacket were slightly too big, I think it could be taken in on the sides with ease. But if the jacket were too small, I think you would run into problems snapping the jacket closed, which throws off everything.

10553767_10154776086375181_4830881483144802383_o.jpg

Have your measurements taken. If you are between sizes, go with the larger size and have it tailored for a custom fit. Hope this helps!

I have the Olive Grey standard and I think its great all around, especially compared to the cheap CosplaySky uniforms most people wear. The material has a nice weight and feels like a real uniform, and the color is spot on. In some lights it looks grey, in others more olive. Just like the movies :lol My only complaint is I wish the jacket collar were stiffer but it didn't bother me enough to get it altered.

I had my pants taken in and my sleeves shortened and I heard no complaints from my seamstress. If the jacket were slightly too big, I think it could be taken in on the sides with ease. But if the jacket were too small, I think you would run into problems snapping the jacket closed, which throws off everything.

https://starwarsblog.starwars.com/w...7_10154776086375181_4830881483144802383_o.jpg

Have your measurements taken. If you are between sizes, go with the larger size and have it tailored for a custom fit. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the great info. and advice, will definitely go up a size:thumbsup

This is interesting - I wonder how long it will take them to send the replacement. Did they say it is locked and loaded/ ready to ship and WILL ship as soon as you destroy? OR are they now going to generate one over time so you get it in 7 months. Serious question.

Oh the huge-manatee!

Did they require proof before they sent out the replacement?

This is interesting - I wonder how long it will take them to send the replacement. Did they say it is locked and loaded/ ready to ship and WILL ship as soon as you destroy? OR are they now going to generate one over time so you get it in 7 months. Serious question.

From Anovos customer support;

‘I have set the helmet to go out soon, I will let you know when i see movement.’

So yeah, your guess is as good as mine as to what that means and when I’ll see it!

Exactly. "We anticipate our shipping estimate to be in the realm of this basic zone in that area over there."

What is "set" and what is "movement"?

And from time to time I get from them what are clearly rushed, placating responses as if they are feeling tasked that we might have questions after, oh....years of waiting. But wait, I forgot - we're all human beings: Didn't someone offer that one up not too long ago?

Best of luck!

From Anovos customer support;

‘I have set the helmet to go out soon, I will let you know when i see movement.’

So yeah, your guess is as good as mine as to what that means and when I’ll see it!

Anyone going to Comic Con - can you PLEASE ask Anovos: "What are all the things going on with the Kylo costumes that you cannot post online?" If anyone is taking bets I might put money down we do not get these before Oct. 1 at the earliest.

The thing that gets me - they are selling to a base of customers who start planning around now (at the latest) for some of what they will do for Halloween. They need those customers to survive. They want those customers. Us. AAAAAnd, Anovos has to know what will be shipped to us in time for Halloween season and what will probably not - don't tell me they are clueless. Deceptive maybe but not clueless. But there is not a peep. So should I plan for something that includes my thousands dollar purchase or wait and wait so that at the last minute I wear a baseball cap with the green hair coming down the back... JFCst.

Some updates from SDCC:

Screenshot_20180720-165355_Twitter.jpg37420308_10156573872319214_8932500835636609024_n.jpg37581736_10156571449934214_5801185848233820160_n.jpg37398812_10156571635554214_8734526010344603648_o.jpg20180720_165259.jpgScreenshot_20180720-165325_Twitter.jpg

I hope the Clone at least has an optional neck ring. We need a version of that helmet from the original files that has the neck ring, since MR didn't have it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back