ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Why did they paint it at all. The standard tie helmet is black ABS; why not just vacform the Oxixo in black ABS as well.

211262-fry-not-sure_header.jpg

Why did they paint it at all. The standard tie helmet is black ABS; why not just vacform the Oxixo in black ABS as well.

You answered your own question. The standard TIE pilot helmet is solid black. The Oxixo is not. It has details that need to be painted or decals or some other method.

The main body IS black. But there are details on it that require post finishing work. Hence cboath bringing up the fact that there was a huge shipping delay between the plain standard helmets and the Oxixo which have details that need to be added. His point was the detail work alone that needed to be done to the standards to make them Oxixo variants couldnt be the sole reason for the delay. Get it now?

The mohawk is silver (where the at-at's is black), has the nameplate sticker, silver teeth and silver vocoder. That's the difference and took that much extra time to complete for some reason.

I think there was some kind of quality issue with the initial Oxixo helmets. The issue needed to be corrected. Then they must have needed to get back into the schedule wherever they are made. Other products are most likely made at the same factory, possibly for other companies, so there was a delay.

Last edited:
Just preordered Rey's staff. Pretty decent at 300 bucks. Way better than the price Prop Shop was selling. A ridiculous 1800 bucks or something like that.

Been thinking of preordering the staff myself looks great and a good price. I would really like a new Luke outfit like from the end of episode 8 not going any further as I don't want to post spoilers. Just saying

Just received my wingman! 3 years later! :) Very happy with it AND I’m happy to say that my ABS is flawless! So not all helmets will have those scratch marks...

Crude iphone pictures, I have no time to get the big camera out!

If anyone has a link to the hoses that fit on this. THey don't have to be 100% screen accurate, but anything close will do for display!

Cheers!

fb4563cece07a5866a2c96f831059f1f.jpg
b2e847fdae0619ba67cc6f284daff1b3.jpg
c27128e1fbe9008ba54e7e2094342864.jpg
fe8cff6e77e6178f4e4ec9d64851fd18.jpg
57056e8d08b622138be26703fb355c9b.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back