ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Anyone else here order the Han Solo Holster AND the Luke Bespin holster? I ordered both and can't figure out the size discrepancy. I snagged the Solo holster at a con in a size large. Once I got it home I couldn't believe how huge it was on me. Not only around the waist but the leg strap was far too large. Thinking this was a learning experience, I changed my preorder of the Luke rig from a large to a medium. When it showed up today I was almost 2 inched too wide to fit a medium. And now of course the larges are out of stock.
Looks like Anovos can't replace my medium with a large.
So, long shot...
Anyone here order a large that was too big and would want to trade for a medium? I only took the belt and buckle parts out of the baggies. PM me if interested. Thanks

RS Propmasters is normally great, but that X Wing helmet looks extremely narrow. I’m probably gonna preorder the Anovos helmet from entertainment earth.

Hope it doesn’t take 2 years to ship out!

RS Propmasters is normally great, but that X Wing helmet looks extremely narrow. I’m probably gonna preorder the Anovos helmet from entertainment earth.

Hope it doesn’t take 2 years to ship out!

Id be very surprised if it is as IIRC they’ve used a production made helmet as their mould - so that should be spot on. I did see their prototype a few months back and am pretty sure the width of the centre strip and bevel were 100% correct against measurements I had of a couple of screen-used helmets.

if someone has dimensions of one of their production helmets I’d be glad to double check against my notes.

Cheers

Jez

For some reason it just seems off to me. Though after looking at movie shots, and comparing them to the RS Propmasters helmet, it’s not as bad as I first mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Id be very surprised if it is as IIRC they’ve used a production made helmet as their mould - so that should be spot on. I did see their prototype a few months back and am pretty sure the width of the centre strip and bevel were 100% correct against measurements I had of a couple of screen-used helmets.

if someone has dimensions of one of their production helmets I’d be glad to double check against my notes.

Cheers

Jez

For the RS Red 5 helmet, I measured the mohawk base width at approximately 2 1/4 inches; top width (the strip on top) at approximately 1 3/4inches and the height at approximately 3/4 inches. It is approximate as I didn't want to accidentally scratch the helmet. The width at the bottom of the helmet below the ear cups, from inside to inside was approximately 7 inches.

Last edited:
For those interested in the Skywalker Bespin rig, my large arrived, and it fits great. Lightsaber clip is right where it’s supposed to be. For reference, I wear a 34” waist in most pants.

The downside is I’ve test fitted my Denix and stunt blasters, and the strap doesn’t close on either one. It’s a little closer on the Denix, but I think the scope bracket may be catching on the holster.

I’m going to see if I can trim it down and soften the leather to get everything to fit, but another email is going to customer service...

Sean

For those interested in the Skywalker Bespin rig, my large arrived, and it fits great. Lightsaber clip is right where it’s supposed to be. For reference, I wear a 34” waist in most pants.

The downside is I’ve test fitted my Denix and stunt blasters, and the strap doesn’t close on either one. It’s a little closer on the Denix, but I think the scope bracket may be catching on the holster.

I’m going to see if I can trim it down and soften the leather to get everything to fit, but another email is going to customer service...

Sean

Try soaking the strap with water and try to stretch it so that it is long enough to close. Once you can close it, let it dry with the blaster inside or if you are in a hurry, hit it with a blow dryer.

I've done things such as that for other leather holsters I've owned.

Try soaking the strap with water and try to stretch it so that it is long enough to close. Once you can close it, let it dry with the blaster inside or if you are in a hurry, hit it with a blow dryer.

I've done things such as that for other leather holsters I've owned.

Thanks for the tip, Frank! That’s exactly what I planned on doing. I’ll see if I can get to it today and report back to let everyone know if it’s doable.

Shame, as the leather quality and everything else on this seems really great. But to have a short holster strap and the belt completely off just ruins it...

Sean

Sean

Is there a trick to getting the belt hook into the belt holes? Or do I just need to fiddle with it. The angle seems impossible.

Thanks for the tip, Frank! That’s exactly what I planned on doing. I’ll see if I can get to it today and report back to let everyone know if it’s doable.

Shame, as the leather quality and everything else on this seems really great. But to have a short holster strap and the belt completely off just ruins it...

Sean
Remember this is genuine leather not whole grain leather.... be very careful stretching genuine leather. "Genuine leather" can mean lots of things... it can be like whole grain or like composite leather... composite leather is kinda like particle board... bits of leather bonded together.

Just be careful....

I've also heard a 1:1 rubbing alcohol and water mix works well to stretch leather.

Remember this is genuine leather not whole grain leather.... be very careful stretching genuine leather. "Genuine leather" can mean lots of things... it can be like whole grain or like composite leather... composite leather is kinda like particle board... bits of leather bonded together.

Just be careful....

I've also heard a 1:1 rubbing alcohol and water mix works well to stretch leather.

Well I got good news, and I got bad news...

Good news - I was able to wet the holster with warm water and stretch it enough for the snaps to close around a Denix mauser!

Bad news - After the strap dried and I unsnapped it, the bit of leather that hangs below the snap tore right off.

I also got the thigh strap wet in the process, and moving it around, it’s cracking a lot, so I’m guessing it won’t be long before it cracks as well.

I’m going to see if I can find a local leather shop to replace the straps.

Sean

Good news - I was able to wet the holster with warm water and stretch it enough for the snaps to close around a Denix mauser!

Bad news - After the strap dried and I unsnapped it, the bit of leather that hangs below the snap tore right off.

I also got the thigh strap wet in the process, and moving it around, it’s cracking a lot, so I’m guessing it won’t be long before it cracks as well.

Sean

Sorry to hear that. Hope the leather shop can fix the belt for you. I was really hoping the holster and leg strap was more of a whole grain leather as it is much more flexible than the belt.

Im still waiting to hear back from Anovos about the strap being short. I'll follow up as soon as i hear anything.

Sean

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. I guess people have something else to had to their reviews of comparison to that of the MP, Todd's etc... leather quality.

My Anovos holster needs the leg strap replaced if I was ever to wear it. Way too long. Not sure why it is so long on a a size small.

So, I have a question for anyone who got the Bespin Luke. Does the Large fit bigger than the measurements on the site? If I go with their chart, it suggests I get XL, but I am right on the edge of possibly fitting a Large, as they are out of XL/XL.

So, I have a question for anyone who got the Bespin Luke. Does the Large fit bigger than the measurements on the site? If I go with their chart, it suggests I get XL, but I am right on the edge of possibly fitting a Large, as they are out of XL/XL.

I got a large jacket and pant. The Bespin costume is supposed to be rather fitted/tight not loose. I had measurements in both the M and L... i went with large and im very glad i did. The jacket has a little more room for me and thats great as i dont like tight coats... but its not huge on me. I have more room in the waist than in the shoulders. The pants fit me perfectly... they are less forgiving, but there is space. If you are measuring at XL I would NOT recomend to go smaller.. you can always take it to a tailor and have it brought in... you cannot add fabric. I would recommend if you are measuring XL, then get XL.

https://www.anovos.com/collections/anovos-signature-line

Star_Wars_Han_Solo_ANH_Ensemble_00_8b673ba7-c659-4f20-a144-7c146dea288a.jpg

“Signature Line” will be a tier above the “Premier” stuff, apparently. Partly made in the US, according to the link.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back