ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Oh wow. If they're doing a phase 2 Clone helmet, I wonder if they'll do a Vader's Fist variant. I'd love one of those in fiberglass.

What's funny is that the Phase II clone was one of the first costumes Anovos showed off way back in 2014. Whether or not they release it, they at least have a prototype for the armor.

3480A278-0480-47FF-B7B5-C5FA12FDA74F_zpss647c976.jpg

Yeah, but the prototype is one of the fan-sculpts. All the stuff they rolled out at first were like that -- just something physical to show what they were eventually going to make. At least with this, they can do fifty million repaints of the same mould for all the CW and ROTS units and characters. More if they do the version with the rangefinder I know a few people who would kill to have Fives' and Echo's helmets to display.

As for me... Damn, but that clean Mimban Trooper is nice. *sigh* Since they'd done the asymmetrical OT Trooper helmets, and no sign of the Rogue One style lids, I figured they weren't going to and I was going to have to mod Hasbro Black Series helmets to get what I wanted. Now, though? I think that thing is taking the place of one of my HSBes. I really hope they do a "Standard" edition. Fiberglass tends to be heavier than I like for helmets, the way most Star Wars helmet makers do it. Way too thick.

In the comments of their Facebook posts, Anovos says they plan to make these available as in-stock items rather than pre-ordering, specifically to reduce customer wait time. So they say. There are no timelines for any release dates.

Until I see those TLJ helmet orders going out, these aren't close to existing.

I believe the reason MR didn't have the neck ring on their Clone Trooper helmets, was because the neck ring would've made the helmet unwearable.

The Tactical and Mimban trooper helmets look pretty sweet. I’m also encouraged by Anovos seemingly moving away from the preorder model, but I’m curious as to how it’ll affect their prices and delivery timelines. I guess time will tell...

Sean

Last edited:
In the comments of their Facebook posts, Anovos says they plan to make these available as in-stock items rather than pre-ordering, specifically to reduce customer wait time. So they say. There are no timelines for any release dates.

It's not just the Solo/R1 Stormtrooper Helmets but it's going to be everything starting 2019.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Star_Wars_Collectors_Panel_181379.asp
ANOVOS

ANOVOS announced that beginning in 2019 they are switching their acquisition system from pre-orders to only ordering what is in stock. There will be no more waiting for the development of the item.

IMHO: This decision just solved a ton of their customers service related problems as well as will help their reputation. Now if they could do something about their handling and shipping costs, they would be golden.

Some updates from SDCC:

View attachment 831715View attachment 831716View attachment 831717View attachment 831718View attachment 831719View attachment 831720

I hope the Clone at least has an optional neck ring. We need a version of that helmet from the original files that has the neck ring, since MR didn't have it.

I want to say that the MR helmet came direct from original files, but of course the neck ring removed for wearability. The helmet shown on display has a lot of small differences from the MR, notably that the rear-dish detail has ridges going around it. Other notable thing is that the visor is not monstrously thick like the MR ones are, the chin greeblie appears much larger, the aerators have what looks like real metal meshing (and looks like they're on a base that is all slide into the face plate. The mouth/grill looks "different" but can't pinpoint what that is yet.

It's not just the Solo/R1 Stormtrooper Helmets but it's going to be everything starting 2019.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Star_Wars_Collectors_Panel_181379.asp

IMHO: This decision just solved a ton of their customers service related problems as well as will help their reputation. Now if they could do something about their handling and shipping costs, they would be golden.

This may be why they have been increasing prices and moving everything to the US.

Did anyone here actually ever see a Rubies fiberglass high end Clone Trooper helmet in person? You know, with their fiberglass Jango as well? They were $$$$$ at the time I believe.

Last edited:
I love it and all. I’m just annoyed it took so long for something like this to be shipped to me. It’s nicely built. Pretty solid considering the way these things are assembled. It has nice velcro padding you can move around to get a good fit. Not as shiny as I had hoped but still nice. Perfectly wonky.

I don’t have anything other than a Hasbro black series and a FPH2 Boba Fett to compare it to.

I hate to say it, but maybe that's the best we can hope for nowadays: "It's not bad"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back