ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

OMG this is the worst company ever.

Bought an OT Stormy kit on layaway like two years ago. After four months or so, seeing all the Anovos problem I tried to cancel. Could not get my refund no matter how many times I tried. It got pushed to the bottom of the to do list and eventually I just gave up, tired of calling and online chatting again and again.

A while back I hear from them, "we have it in stock, would you like to finish paying for it at the original price (much less than we are charging now)"?

Yes I would here is the remaining money. Done, paid for.

Weeks later nothing,

Weeks later calls, emails, online chats and nothing. It's all fixed, it's on the way, you have not paid for it yet, etc. No, I am not exaggerating.

I had to call and email and basically harass them until they finally sent my kit.

Then, even though I gave them my new address, they sent it to the old one. UPS bites as I called them to let them know, they assured me it would not be left there and then they left it there.

I really don't get it. Product quality on Anovos and EFX is awesome. Service worst I have ever had with any company that has remained in business.

Just FYI

What the SW community really needs is a company that's interested in delivering high-quality props at a decent price. Unfortunately right now all Anovos and EFX see the community as is a giant cash register to get interest free loans from. They'll keep pushing people along until they fold and keep all the money people invested in pre-orders.

I don't understand why people keep buying stuff from Anovos.

So is there still a lag in shipping? I mean it is Halloween and it's likely busy for them, but shipping has been an issue since the summer ... or so thats what I was told.

I've never had a problem with in-stock stuff... it normally shipped within 5-10 days as I recall. The last thing i got was the xwing flak vest... that was in the summer but once everything got sorted (it was not in stock actually so that likely impacted shipping paperwork) it shipped out quickly.

So is there still a lag in shipping? I mean it is Halloween and it's likely busy for them, but shipping has been an issue since the summer ... or so thats what I was told.

I've never had a problem with in-stock stuff... it normally shipped within 5-10 days as I recall. The last thing i got was the xwing flak vest... that was in the summer but once everything got sorted (it was not in stock actually so that likely impacted shipping paperwork) it shipped out quickly.

Is that a trick question? You can't really be too busy shipping to ship things if you're not actually, you know, shipping things.

Is that a trick question? You can't really be too busy shipping to ship things if you're not actually, you know, shipping things.

No what mean is they seem to take orders much faster than they can process them to completion now. Tho I'm not sure why. This seems like fulfilling orders 101. Before this summer, I would order and it would be out the door within 5 days. Not so now. It seems they take the order and its processed. Gets a fulfillment number but then grinds to a hault. I was told several times the order was in the system... and it took a few days to just package it. Then went to a queue to be shipped to their shipping house (Anovos to UPS hub I guess) Then once at FedEx, USPS, UPS, etc its off to the races. My longest wait was with UPS ( I dislike UPS, always a pain to work with). In the summer Anovos prioritized incoming supplies to shipping orders (well that was my impression based on their explanation). Literally said "all hands on deck"

I'd be curious how Anovos oversees "supply chain?"

I'm sure because they are a small company they are de-prioritized a lot impacting every aspect of their business.

Curious, does anyone here actually have sympathy for Anovos? They are morally obligated to step it up. For instance, if someone at Anovos is sending their kid to a private school, pull the kid out, send the kid to public school, and use the extra money to hire more help. What really annoys me is that, when I voice something like this there is always some joker who caves and says, "hey, we're all human beings."

If "we're all human beings," why does Anovos not abide by this pseudo-mantra and stop treating their customers like crap?

I have officially requested a refund for my Han Solo TFA jacket that I pre ordered back in March 2017. I will update this thread as to how long it takes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the "support" link isn't working at the Anovos site. ****ers probably got sick of getting yelled at for stealing. I know this post will be deleted but my language, while inappropriate, is not inappropriate for this 'company.'

For those not getting responses to their request for a refund; perhaps try calling your bank or CC to file a fraud claim. I know CCs have a time limit, but they may lift it given the circumstances.

Here's how my refund proceeded:
Tie Pilot kit got cancelled a few months back. Anovos cancelled the order, never refunded.
A few weeks later, I realized I had not my money back...

August 28th - I requested a refund and Ryan from customer service said they didn't understand how it had slipped by and would be done right away.
Poked Ryan every 7 days about it, staying very polite .. but just asking for an update.

October 1st - Charlie jumped in a few weeks later as he's in the financial department

October 17th - Received refund notification and money back on the credit card.

It takes time .. not sure why .. but it will come!

For the record, I'd much prefer getting the merchandise than a refund. However, with the way things have been going with Anovos....

Not sure why I feel compelled to mention this...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back