ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

So I'm not sure how reliable this is, but there was a comment on the Anovos Collectors Facebook page that Anovos was stopping Pre-Orders due to all the negative feedback on them. While I find this extremely hard to believe they seem to be moving toward more and more "reserve" orders now. These "reserve" type orders seem to be hitting the ship dates. For example the Luke Bespin belts. Which I have learned they have received the newest batch. I know as I'm getting a replacement for mine.. with the fixed holster strap. I'l follow up on shipping as soon as I hear. this may give us a good idea of the timeline from, Anovos Posts item, orders, close orders, delivery at warehouse, etc...

Any ways... just thought I pass this along... take it with a grain of salt.

I have to say that I am really disappointed with Anovos... I bought an OT Stormtrooper in 2015 and had it delivered after a 6 month wait. For Force Friday that year I preordered the FO Stormtrooper helmet and it was delivered before Christmas. After all the negative issues with their delivery, I still preordered the TLJ standard TK executioner helmet last FF wholly expecting it to also be delivered before the end of the year.

Well Christmas came and went, and in January I just asked for a refund. Weeks went by and no refund, so after inquiring several times I relented and took a gift card for the purchase price intending to just use it to preorder the FO trooper kit. Well they closed preorders before I bit, and there STILL is not near any tangible evidence of it being close to becoming available. Now I’m stuck with a gift card that I’m certainly not going to dump on a preorder I’ll never see, and there’s nothing actually in-stock I would want to buy.

Anyone know if it’s possible I could just get a refund for the store credit/gift card they gave me because I’m done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should take a break from pre-orders and just regroup. They do not need to stop them. They just need to say 2-3 years. Just SAY it!!! And differentiate between "reserve" and premiere or whatever as to how it affects wait time. They say this new Han Solo will be pricey but FAST - they need to stick to that claim to survive.

The thing is this - EVERYONE at Anovos KNOWS that someone who pre-orders a costume from them has NO IDEA it will be three years in waiting. And Anovos will say they did not know that either but that's a bit slippery.

JUST SAY 2-3 YEARS. And SAY to customers that YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAN ANYTHING WITH YOUR FRIENDS, GROUPS, OR FAMILY BECAUSE WE HAVE NO IDEA AT ALL IN ANY WAY AS TO WHEN THIS PROJECT WILL BE COMPLETED - IN OTHER WORDS, THE LLLAAAASSSSTTTT THING YOU WANT TO DO IS GET YOUR CHILDREN EXCITED.

That's all. Not that hard.

So I'm not sure how reliable this is, but there was a comment on the Anovos Collectors Facebook page that Anovos was stopping Pre-Orders due to all the negative feedback on them. While I find this extremely hard to believe they seem to be moving toward more and more "reserve" orders now. These "reserve" type orders seem to be hitting the ship dates. For example the Luke Bespin belts. Which I have learned they have received the newest batch. I know as I'm getting a replacement for mine.. with the fixed holster strap. I'l follow up on shipping as soon as I hear. this may give us a good idea of the timeline from, Anovos Posts item, orders, close orders, delivery at warehouse, etc...

Any ways... just thought I pass this along... take it with a grain of salt.

They should take a break from pre-orders and just regroup. They do not need to stop them. They just need to say 2-3 years. Just SAY it!!! And differentiate between "reserve" and premiere or whatever as to how it affects wait time. They say this new Han Solo will be pricey but FAST - they need to stick to that claim to survive.

The thing is this - EVERYONE at Anovos KNOWS that someone who pre-orders a costume from them has NO IDEA it will be three years in waiting. And Anovos will say they did not know that either but that's a bit slippery.

JUST SAY 2-3 YEARS. And SAY to customers that YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAN ANYTHING WITH YOUR FRIENDS, GROUPS, OR FAMILY BECAUSE WE HAVE NO IDEA AT ALL IN ANY WAY AS TO WHEN THIS PROJECT WILL BE COMPLETED - IN OTHER WORDS, THE LLLAAAASSSSTTTT THING YOU WANT TO DO IS GET YOUR CHILDREN EXCITED.

That's all. Not that hard.

It is not as simple as that. They plan for a certain date and want the product to come out at a certain date. All of their Chinese manufacturing is out sourced meaning they do not have their own factory over seas. Each type of material for a helmet or costume comes from a different factory and when these factories get larger orders small places like Anovos will get bumped. And that is why they have the delays and that is why majority of their new stuff is being made in America.

Anovos is not asking for a multi year wait.

So I'm not sure how reliable this is, but there was a comment on the Anovos Collectors Facebook page that Anovos was stopping Pre-Orders due to all the negative feedback on them. While I find this extremely hard to believe they seem to be moving toward more and more "reserve" orders now.
I have to assume reserve is just the new word Anovos is using for a pre-order since they have such a bad history.

They say this new Han Solo will be pricey but FAST .
I've said this before; people shouldn't have to pay more just to make Anovos care. Anovos should be able to deliver reasonably priced product on time because they want to be in business.
The new business model of "pay me to care" is only going to speed up their demise. If those who costume are saying stuff is overpriced, the average public will see those prices as outright insane.

I mean, if they start having massive delays on these new Signature collection items, I could see a few pitchforks, but so far I think most people have dealt with the wait times.

I just got an email from anovos asking me to pay for my shipping on the stormtrooper - classic helmet. I paid and now it says that my order will be sent to the warehouse shipping team.

Yay! I’m only an hour away from their warehouse. Hopefully I will get the helmet soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My feelings here are not toward you, vader 45. And I appreciate you chiming in. But my sentiment for Anovos is boohoo at best. It was either deceitful or egregiously naive of them to include our money and time in their education to this degree. The things you state are known well enough in the manufacturing world that responsible research would have availed them of these possibilities. We did not pre-order items so that they could learn and buy new cars. They are not GoFundMe (thought maybe they should consider that).

It is not as simple as that. They plan for a certain date and want the product to come out at a certain date. All of their Chinese manufacturing is out sourced meaning they do not have their own factory over seas. Each type of material for a helmet or costume comes from a different factory and when these factories get larger orders small places like Anovos will get bumped. And that is why they have the delays and that is why majority of their new stuff is being made in America.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it is "pay me to care" as much as it is the same job in a U.S economy. They are looking at the turnaround but are still making about the same amount of income.

But with Kylo they had to start COMPLETELY over and never told us.

I have to assume reserve is just the new word Anovos is using for a pre-order since they have such a bad history.

I've said this before; people shouldn't have to pay more just to make Anovos care. Anovos should be able to deliver reasonably priced product on time because they want to be in business.
The new business model of "pay me to care" is only going to speed up their demise. If those who costume are saying stuff is overpriced, the average public will see those prices as outright insane.

I had never ordered from Anovos, though been tempted by the initial price offerings on ST kits, both OT and NT. I was able to get an OT kit with soft goods,minus boots for a steal, here in the JY. After getting it I also got a helmet kit and replacement right arm, when they were in stock (found out via email interest list). So far so good. I decided I wanted a New Order Trooper so signed on to the interest list AND pre-ordered a TLJ helmet, which was to be delivered between March something and June 20th. On the 19th of June, I go to Anovos' site to check the shipping calendar and it shows the same June 20th date, on the 20th they changed it to a Fall delivery window. I never received an email stating the change, which I find poor service, but oh well, it didn't stop me from grabbing a E-11 kit that is in stock using a flash sale coupon and I'm not cancelling my order. I guess I'm saying that from Master Replicas to Anovos they continue to have delays and QC issues (usually one causes the other) and we continue to pay crazy prices for plastic ,foam, resin and aluminium because we love Star Wars/Star Trek and love the stuff. I don't see any change coming, so I say order how,when and what you want, just be educated as much as you can, and always. always,always expect long long waits for things not in stock.

I'm not up to date with everything ANOVOS, but my pre-order of the Gold Leader helmet is scheduled to be delivered today, which is sooner than I expected. So at least they have done some things well.

Edit: Nevermind! It was just a pair of flight gloves that my friend had sent to my house using my account. Sorry. Carry on.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just had another thought - everything you say is of course valid but, for instance, after Anovos themselves realizing and knowing all of these stumbling blocks, one of them emailed this March to say that Kylo costumes would ship in March and April. And then a few weeks later they bumped it 2 SEASONS to Summer!! After all of these years there is no way to be that clueless about the persistent stumbling blocks so as to send such an irresponsible email. Anyway, just my 2 cents back. I love your Vader avatar btw. Way has the look!

Just had another thought - everything you say is of course valid but, for instance, after Anovos themselves realizing and knowing all of these stumbling blocks, one of them emailed this March to say that Kylo costumes would ship in March and April. And then a few weeks later they bumped it 2 SEASONS to Summer!! After all of these years there is no way to be that clueless about the persistent stumbling blocks so as to send such an irresponsible email. Anyway, just my 2 cents back. I love your Vader avatar btw. Way has the look!

You also have valid points. They should have figured out a solution by now.

And thanks for the compliment. That is me and I have a thread on my costume.

On the fence.

Cant decide anovos or troopmaster.

Can't go wrong with Troopermaster. I decided on getting the kit from Anovos for a lot of different reasons than most people do, the key reason being that it's the closest to screen cast snowtrooper armor we're gonna get for the forseable future. I will be using this to make as close to a screen accurate costume display as I can using this armor, RS Helmet and backpack, and original slider knob and Ab disc - along with the other components that make up the snowtrooper costume.

Can't go wrong with Troopermaster. I decided on getting the kit from Anovos for a lot of different reasons than most people do, the key reason being that it's the closest to screen cast snowtrooper armor we're gonna get for the forseable future. I will be using this to make as close to a screen accurate costume display as I can using this armor, RS Helmet and backpack, and original slider knob and Ab disc - along with the other components that make up the snowtrooper costume.
I'm curious what your thoughts are on the RS complete snowy.

I'm curious what your thoughts are on the RS complete snowy.

Right now they're in the process of overhauling their sculpts to be more accurate. I'm not sure where they are at currently but I believe they put snowtrooper commissions on hold. The biggest issue with their original armor was the scale of the chest plate, which their latest version is 100x better and significantly more accurate.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back