ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

It is sad, but it is also true.

can't be easy on something like that. I know how anal our own legal and marketing departments are over logos and graphics and names, etc, and we're not even in a retail business. Top if off with another companies logos X 2 (your own (anovos', LFL's AND disney) and migraines are probably yearlong occurrences :)

How long does it usually take for them to ship something that is supposedly "in stock?"

I used the new year code ON New Year's Day on an "in stock" item (a belt buckle)... still no shipping notice. Although I will say, autocorrect screwed up my shipping address during the order, & even over the holiday ANOVOS was quick to fix the issue. So that was cool.
Maybe they'll ship it with the Snowtrooper helmet, I'm hoping will finally be shipping soon?

Finally after 3 long years! I have received my shipping notice for my Snowtrooper Helmet!
I'll post picture once it arrives, and I hope others received their notice too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

God, I hope that means I'll be getting a shipping notice on this piece finally!! I ordered on day 1!!

I received my Tie helmet in about 2 weeks...

I ordered it on the 25/26th of December, it Shipped on the 4th o January and I received it on the 9th.

I got the Oxixo Imperial Pilot Helmet.

Quick review... it is ok, overpriced imo, most likely licensing fees. It is made with thin ABS that is quite flexible, I would say its similar to thicker clamshell packaging we all curse trying to open. It holds its shape but will easily depress slightly when pressing on it even at normal pressure.

It appears to be a Stormy helmet (duh), with another helmet put on top. The thin nature of the ABS makes it look pretty cheap at that join, I would say its more like a premier costume from a costuming store. This might be accurate...?

As for accuracy, don't really know. I will admit I am not a accuracy nut, just want it to look cool on the wall (which it will), though I do want my items to be "quality" some sort of heft in hand feeling if you get my drift. Metal sabers etc.

The EFX PCR line is imo WAAAAAY better. Cheaper and the plastic is at least solid to the touch. I have both the Vader and Stormy PCR and think they are good value for the $$$, for someone like me that wants mid-grade rather than something excellent (but expensive) like a quasi/ugly. Though at Anovos pricing, may as well splurge.

Just picked up (what appears to be the last large) Han Bespin ensemble.

Anyone know the quality of their han holster?
worth the $500? I'm being told I should check out Todd's costumes for a holster half the price with just as good (or better) quality.

Can any confirm?

I ordered it on the 25/26th of December, it Shipped on the 4th o January and I received it on the 9th.

Quick review... it is ok, overpriced imo, most likely licensing fees. It is made with thin ABS that is quite flexible, I would say its similar to thicker clamshell packaging we all curse trying to open. It holds its shape but will easily depress slightly when pressing on it even at normal pressure.

It appears to be a Stormy helmet (duh), with another helmet put on top. The thin nature of the ABS makes it look pretty cheap at that join, I would say its more like a premier costume from a costuming store. This might be accurate...?

As for accuracy, don't really know. I will admit I am not a accuracy nut, just want it to look cool on the wall (which it will), though I do want my items to be "quality" some sort of heft in hand feeling if you get my drift. Metal sabers etc.

The EFX PCR line is imo WAAAAAY better. Cheaper and the plastic is at least solid to the touch. I have both the Vader and Stormy PCR and think they are good value for the $$$, for someone like me that wants mid-grade rather than something excellent (but expensive) like a quasi/ugly. Though at Anovos pricing, may as well splurge.
The OT Stormtrooper and TIE pilot helmets were vacuformed ABS similar to the Anovos helmets. If Anovos made them another way for a similar price, many people would be unhappy because they wouldn't be as accurate. The benefit of a PCR helmet is cheaper cost.

The Anovos standard line First Order Stormtrooper helmets are similar to the efx PCR line. They are injection molded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just picked up (what appears to be the last large) Han Bespin ensemble.

Anyone know the quality of their han holster?
worth the $500? I'm being told I should check out Todd's costumes for a holster half the price with just as good (or better) quality.

Can any confirm?

I have the Han Holster in a medium and it is well worth the money. It's great quality and the rivets, snaps and pouches are first rate. Rebel Legion approvable! Also, the Anovos holster will come with 3 buckles, so you can do any combination of the Han holster from ANH, ESB or ROTJ (yes, they were all different). The Todd's, you have to specify which version you want, I believe.

The only thing is the sizing. I ordered the Han Bespin premium in medium and followed the instructions on measuring the hips for the Han holster. The belt is adjustable...to a degree. I was right on the cusp of small/medium and I just modded the belt with an extra set of snaps to bring it in a bit. Also, the holster portion may hang further down your leg than you wish depending on your body type. I raised it a bit w some new snaps. Also, the holster will need some leather conditioner, I noticed it was a bit dry, but it really is a beautiful piece and I always get compliments on the accuracy and fit of it. It is quite definitely one of my favorite Anovos pieces!

You'd be happy with the Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper helmet for $90 USD. the plastic is thick and there's a good bit of heft to the helmet. I picked up mine for $50 on Ebay.

However, I'm an accuracy nut, so the Black Series helmet is for my kids - less likely for them to break it.

I have an Anon ESB helmet painted up by Juan Fernandez, and an RS Prop Masters on the way for my personal display collection. The thin ABS nature of the helmet is how they were made back in the day.....to some degree. They're kind of sturdy in a flimsy sort of way. LOL

690be89a22dcd25829f11a4a297b0d5b.jpg

What is the word on the quality of these at-at helmets?

Worth the 299$ price quote? What was the price of the completed helmet?

The entire RPF forum is about accuracy, and it has been discussed a lot already in countless threads: how the original helmets were made, why they look and feel flimsy and wonky. Including Anovos. So this is not news. I'd advise you to visit www.starwarshelmets.com and read first about screen used helmets and licensed and unlicensed helmets there.

The entire RPF forum is about accuracy, and it has been discussed a lot already in countless threads: how the original helmets were made, why they look and feel flimsy and wonky. Including Anovos. So this is not news. I'd advise you to visit www.starwarshelmets.com and read first about screen used helmets and licensed and unlicensed helmets there.

Not sure how this reply was meant but I've seen comments like this over the years. As someone who has been around here since 1999, this type of statement rubs me the wrong way.

This forum is for those fans so moved by the emotional impact of props and costumes in movie, TV, etc... that we want to discuss, share, build replicas of said costumes. Although we endeavor to research the true details we often make the choice to deviate from accuracy based on needs, desires, skills, resources, and/or budget.

To say "The entire RPF forum is about accuracy" is a slap in the face to any here who ever built a sink tube lightsaber, modified an exiting role-play toy, shaped a piece of Sculpy, or sewed a costume piece with nothing but a piece of polyester and a memory.

This entire site is NOT about the accuracy of prop and costume replicas, it is about the LOVE of prop and costume replicas.

I think as the person who spent your money on this product, you are entitled to your opinion. I think your review is valid. You had certain expectations and they were not met. I've seen others who said the same thing. I was interested in this helmet and also the future Inferno version that is coming. Thanks to reviews such as this, I am passing on this helmet and I am awaiting actual in hand reviews of the Inferno helmet before I commit because I think I would feel the same way as you do.

Not sure how this reply was meant but I've seen comments like this over the years. As someone who has been around here since 1999, this type of statement rubs me the wrong way.

This forum is for those fans so moved by the emotional impact of props and costumes in movie, TV, etc... that we want to discuss, share, build replicas of said costumes. Although we endeavor to research the true details we often make the choice to deviate from accuracy based on needs, desires, skills, resources, and/or budget.

To say "The entire RPF forum is about accuracy" is a slap in the face to any here who ever built a sink tube lightsaber, modified an exiting role-play toy, shaped a piece of Sculpy, or sewed a costume piece with nothing but a piece of polyester and a memory.

This entire site is NOT about the accuracy of prop and costume replicas, it is about the LOVE of prop and costume replicas.

Eh, I won't disagree with him, in a sense. I don't feel it was intended to be a snide comment, but to the point that such topics/reviews have been done repeatedly.

The other side to the argument in regards to "accuracy," I've found a frustration in reading reviews where the reviewer has very little to no baseline understanding of the prop that their replica is based off of. Why is this important? Because when they complain about certain things which are correct in terms of the movie props, they often treat it like it's a mistake that warrants a refund. The most "mainstream" example of this is after the Anovos TK armor kits shipped, and A LOT of people who didn't bother to open up google and enter "stormtrooper," didn't understand why the armor was wonky and imperfect, and those people were ANGRY and BELIEVED the armor they got was not "formed" correctly, resulting in returns/selling them off.

It's like when I was looking at video reviews of the Hot Toys Snowtrooper figures. There was one review I just had to shut off because not even a minute into it, he put the backpacks upside-down on BOTH figures and promptly started to complain about how "bad" the way the pack connects to the figure was. I mean, seriously?

So coming onto the RPF to see a review of similar caliber to examples above can come off as, well, ignorant. Not trying to sound like a jerk, but the RPF has largely evolved over the years, and I remember back when they had limited registration. I always saw this site prior to it as being the "source" for all things movie-accurate and the go-to for research/analysis.

Yea, ya'll role played and made props with whatever you had available at the time, I think a lot of us did cause that's what we do as kids, but a lot of you ended up maturing in the hobby over the years to represent a stronger culture on "definitive" replicas and whatnot. While there's a few other sites, the RPF is the most recognized and active source for replicas that's not exclusive to one genre or franchise.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back