ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

TLJ FO Stormtrooper Premier helmet up for preorder. 15% off through March 29th.

https://www.anovos.com/collections/...t-order-stormtrooper-premier-helmet-accessory

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Thanks for this - however i checked this out and even with the 15% 'bonus' it'll still be cheaper for us in the UK/EU to get via eBay after shipping etc is added.(unless anyone else knows better). Think I’ll leave it and maybe pick one up some time post release - it’s not like they limit the numbers

Cheers

Jez

I doubt those parts will be the same as the Standard version. It would be better if the description was more detailed so we could tell what is and isn't different. None of the previous Premier helmets have felt cheap to me so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That's what I assumed, but I specifically asked the chat rep and they basically told me that it would be listed if it was an upgrade/feature/whatnot. *shrug*

That's what I assumed, but I specifically asked the chat rep and they basically told me that it would be listed if it was an upgrade/feature/whatnot. *shrug*
I really doubt any of the parts will be exactly the same between the premier and standard. I could see certain parts being plastic on both but I would think the quality will still be noticably different. That kind of difference may be left out of the description because it isn't as major as plastic vs metal.

Thanks for this - however i checked this out and even with the 15% 'bonus' it'll still be cheaper for us in the UK/EU to get via eBay after shipping etc is added.(unless anyone else knows better). Think I’ll leave it and maybe pick one up some time post release - it’s not like they limit the numbers

Cheers

Jez
It's the same in the US for many of the recent releases that have not been offered with a discount. Other resellers will be cheaper. The 15% discount makes it closer. Some on eBay may offer it cheaper. Although certain products don't show up on eBay much.

Let me know how you like it! I need the small as well but they don’t have any and couldn’t tell me if more were coming.

I received my medium Luke belt rig yesterday and it just barely fits. I also have the medium Han belt, which gave me confidence to order the medium Luke. I hope the small fits you.

7d832d6e6061820d64b0164960997dc5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I received my medium Luke belt rig yesterday and it just barely fits. I also have the medium Han belt, which gave me confidence to order the medium Luke. I hope the small fits you.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180329/7d832d6e6061820d64b0164960997dc5.jpg

I had a medium Solo rig and it was hanging off me. I got the small and it was perfect.

I also scored a Small Luke rig last night on their website! Can’t wait to get it.

I wear a large or medium in most of their other things. The sizing is screwy sometimes.

Lol, I waited over a month for my Anovos refund. I wouldn’t expect to get one in a week.

Many live chats later, and many “we are elevating your issue” reassurances given, but think it just takes a while whether you follow-up or not.

Imagine if I didnt hound them or send nasty emails who knows how long I would be waiting for my refund!!!!!! Which I am still waiting, All I have at the moment is that it will be processed soon.

Last edited:
They have 2 days left to ship their 'Spring 2018' stuff but it will be delayed again just like is was a friggin year ago.

Did they say they were shipping my March 31? I just checked there calendar and spring is mar to jun... sorry to here that your order is likely delayed again tho... i know that stinks.

- - - Updated - - -

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180329/7d832d6e6061820d64b0164960997dc5.jpg

Awesome!!! Im hoping my medium belt fits... overall do you like it? How stiff is the leather, is it softened at all?

Sorry, I meant they have 2 days left to ship their Winter stuff. They have several things marked 'Winter 2018' that has been delayed since last year.

I do like it very much. It's really good quality. I don't really know how to rate the leather. It's somewhat stiff I guess.

Great! Im excited to get mine.

General question for anyone really. I have a MR luke ESB blaster... its quite heavy... would these holsters hold that without tearing or is it better to use a resin or 3D printed blaster?

Just a blurb that I spoke with someone at Anovos about Kylo Ren Premiere and they said the time we are waiting for now is just for finished costumes to cross the Pacific Ocean basically. But the costumes are done. A very legitimate concern they had was the following: The weave/ cloth on the original Kylo is not that durable and would fall apart with use. the real one at LFL is apparently already suffering. So, how do they make it exact and yet, at the same time, make it far more durable. This was a huge consideration of course and, for us customers out here, both interesting to hear about and helpful (in retrospect) to relations between company and customer. And it was something difficult to assess without really spending time to test it out and subject it to wear and tear. If we had known about such a thing it would have calmed nerves all around. I think folks at Disney (and knowing some of them) should allow more communication between Anovos and fans. They are attempting an exceptional product.

My Skywalker Bespin rig just arrived...

The leather is fantastic! Great color and weight! All the pouches seem well manufactured.

But the sizing! :facepalm I ordered a small as my Solo rig in medium was too big. The Skywalker small is entirely too small for me. I can barely get the belt wrapped around my waist. And even with the belt and buckle closed, the lightsaber clip ends up being way too far off to the point where it’s almost along the side of my hip.

Such a shame, as the piece seems really great overall...just wish they’d be more consistent in their sizing.

I just checked Anovos’s website, and it appears they only have large left, so I’ll give that a go.

If anyone is interested in a small, PM me...

Sean

My Skywalker Bespin rig just arrived...

The leather is fantastic! Great color and weight! All the pouches seem well manufactured.

But the sizing! :facepalm I ordered a small as my Solo rig in medium was too big. The Skywalker small is entirely too small for me. I can barely get the belt wrapped around my waist. And even with the belt and buckle closed, the lightsaber clip ends up being way too far off to the point where it’s almost along the side of my hip.

Such a shame, as the piece seems really great overall...just wish they’d be more consistent in their sizing.

I just checked Anovos’s website, and it appears they only have large left, so I’ll give that a go.

If anyone is interested in a small, PM me...

Sean

Ahhhh nooooo I ordered a Small too. May I ask what waist size you normally wear for a reference? I had the Han medium and it had no chance of staying on em. I usually wear a 32” waist in jeans and pants.

Ahhhh nooooo I ordered a Small too. May I ask what waist size you normally wear for a reference? I had the Han medium and it had no chance of staying on em. I usually wear a 32” waist in jeans and pants.

@ masterjedi322 and FastballSpecial so im getting a little concerned/confused. I measured my hip (while wearing the bespin pants) per Anovos.. and i was right at 41... a Medium(40-44"). Hip measurement is typical for holsters.. as they are generally worn at a slight angle over the hip or pant waste if you wear your pants low (today's norm). Waste is measured at the naval. Luke wears his all over the place per scene to be able to act or do stunt work... it does look like he wears it at pant waste or hip in general tho.

Not having the Han belt for comparison, was the hip measurement a typo on Anovos part? Ive had success with both my Bespin and ENT jumpsuit fitting using their measuring schemes.

@ masterjedi322 and FastballSpecial so im getting a little concerned/confused. I measured my hip (while wearing the bespin pants) per Anovos.. and i was right at 41... a Medium(40-44"). Hip measurement is typical for holsters.. as they are generally worn at a slight angle over the hip or pant waste if you wear your pants low (today's norm). Waste is measured at the naval. Luke wears his all over the place per scene to be able to act or do stunt work... it does look like he wears it at pant waste or hip in general tho.

Not having the Han belt for comparison, was the hip measurement a typo on Anovos part? Ive had success with both my Bespin and ENT jumpsuit fitting using their measuring schemes.

Well I don’t have mine yet but will next week. I can say for certain that the Han Solo rig medium was HUGE on me. The Small was perfect. I wear a large in most of their costumes but the pants can be too big on me. Large tops all the way and medium to large pants depending on what it is.

Ill be sure to post my review and pics as well when it arrives.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back