ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Here are some screenshots from my phone of folks in Facebook receiving their Oxixo
cb8476f6f3fe5dba070828d77d86de2c.jpg
3232af2c72194e38c2fc4affd78a7d69.jpg

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

Unless it's the only thing you have left on order, how can you tell?

All the emails I get from them say 'an item you ordered has had it's delivery updated, see this link for details' - or something like that and you have to click the link and look through the list to see what you have on order and what has changed on it - if you can remember.

Usually it's the same for me. However this email (a few days ago, on the 15th) was specifically for the Snowtrooper (the only thing I have left on order from them). I'll hold out a bit longer, with the possibility of it actually shipping. But I'm so close to canceling both, I'm so sick & tired of this. The chances of them ever getting another order from me is very slim.

A bit off topic but I wanted to warn others here about a scammer on Ebay selling Anovos helmets.

I ordered two helmets from capitanza on Ebay; he listed them as in stock only to learn after I paid he didn't have them at all. His plan was to just order from Anovos and ship the helmets to me, problem is Anovos hasn't had these particular items in stock for months. So the seller is refusing to give my money back and making threats to ship empty boxes to satisfy the Paypal dispute I have open. At this point I have to continue jumping through the red tape hoops with Paypal hoping this guy doesn't do anything else to complicate things.

Stay away from him at all costs, here's his info in case his name changes on Ebay.
Andrew Freddy Pretel (capitanza)
9704 BRISTOL AVE SILVER SPRING 20901 MD

A bit off topic but I wanted to warn others here about a scammer on Ebay selling Anovos helmets.

I ordered two helmets from capitanza on Ebay; he listed them as in stock only to learn after I paid he didn't have them at all. His plan was to just order from Anovos and ship the helmets to me, problem is Anovos hasn't had these particular items in stock for months. So the seller is refusing to give my money back and making threats to ship empty boxes to satisfy the Paypal dispute I have open. At this point I have to continue jumping through the red tape hoops with Paypal hoping this guy doesn't do anything else to complicate things.

Stay away from him at all costs, here's his info in case his name changes on Ebay.

If he's making threats like that, it seems it would be even easier to get this settled.

If he's making threats like that, it seems it would be even easier to get this settled.
Trust me, I've already called Paypal and Ebay about it sharing screen shots of his emails as well. It's just Paypal can't do anything to speed it up, they have to give him the 10 days to respond.

Is there somewhere I can go to learn the differences?

Eh, need to get screen grabs. Though, I've been closely watching the build threads and whatnot. The biggest glaring issue is that the TIE helmets in-game are the Rogue One DOME w/ a Rogue One Stormtrooper faceplate. The Rouge One TIE faceplate is NOT the same as the R1 TK, and is more in line w/ the original trilogy. Additionally, the lenses are suppose to have a honey-comb pattern, which doesn't appear present on the Anovos.

I wonder how similar these are to the 501st ones they just showed in The Star Wars show.

I wouldn't count on the 501st's stuff just yet. There's been a huge debacle with getting the CRL standards outlined, pretty much, people wanting to ignore the reference and alter it to their preferences rather than factual. The ones you saw in that video were put together by 501st but should not be viewed as a reference point.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve been studying the inferno helmet. Anyone have any better pictures of the “pill box” on the back of the helmet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

back of the inferno helmet in game

SPScreenshot_IdenBoardingMC80_noLogo.png

What a jack-ass!

That area sounded familiar I used to Golf at Sligo creek which is right next to his house.

16 years ago i could have knocked on his door with one of my pals in Law Enforcement, Secret Service, or F.B.I. and you would have had no more problems I assure you!

Pay-pal will do the right thing though

What a jack-ass!

That area sounded familiar I used to Golf at Sligo creek which is right next to his house.

16 years ago i could have knocked on his door with one of my pals in Law Enforcement, Secret Service, or F.B.I. and you would have had no more problems I assure you!

Pay-pal will do the right thing though

I'd be careful. I live outside Maryland and plugged the name into facebook. A few names were brought up, but seemed it's an Hispanic name, with those results reflecting out of country profiles. It wouldn't be surprising, however, for someone scamming on Ebay to be using a false address, which would be bad in case you decide to go knock on someone's door.

Careful is my middle name! :lol

Trust me before I or any of my friends knocked on that door we would have already done the research on just who would be on the other side. :thumbsup

I'd be careful. I live outside Maryland and plugged the name into facebook. A few names were brought up, but seemed it's an Hispanic name, with those results reflecting out of country profiles. It wouldn't be surprising, however, for someone scamming on Ebay to be using a false address, which would be bad in case you decide to go knock on someone's door.

All of this would not be happening if Anovos gave their customers real time updates as to what was taking so long here and there. Sad. They are attempting to produce such great stuff and they succeed a lot of the time. But I am on the fence about getting a refund at this point. ANOVOS - just TELL US your hardships along the way. You come across as hiding so much from your customers.

I mean when I get an email about updates it tells me the issue. Example " We though it would be out of pre-production but it isn't so it gets bumped". This isn't a project run it is a business not many businesses go into deep deep detail about why something is bumped.

I mean when I get an email about updates it tells me the issue. Example " We though it would be out of pre-production but it isn't so it gets bumped". This isn't a project run it is a business not many businesses go into deep deep detail about why something is bumped.

They usually give an apology and a reason why it's getting bumped when you're up to bump 10. Hell, i think it's more than 10 now. Order date of 12/14 with original ship date of 6/15. That's a LOT of bumps to have gotten no info at all.

I looked back at old emails and i haven't gotten an 'explanation email' since 1/16. They all say this now:

I am writing to notify you of a recent update to your order for our officially-licensed STAR WARS™ items. Please visit the ANOVOS Shipping Calendar on our website for more information.

Should you need any assistance with your order, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Team either by responding to this email or through Live Chat on ANOVOS.com from Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm PDT

Sincerely,

Then you look up the link and it just tells you the new date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you can vote with your money and get a refund. I got a refund for my OT TK helmet when they first started but I've bought helmets since then and I've received most of them. I understand hating the wait though.

ANOVOS are somewhere between one guy in his workshop and Hasbro, as far as scale and manpower and output and clout. I treat them like a somewhat more reliable fan-builder. A) because they have the license and won't get a C&D, and 2) because they have a score or so of employees and a few Chinese factories they can work with. But this also means they have more opportunities for unforeseen circumstances, and they have Lucasfilm and Disney they need to run stuff past before they can send it out the door. I know they'll deliver, and I can't let myself get hung up on when. I've said it before. This is a frikkin' hobby -- I'm not going to go to jail or lose my job or die if I don't have a display piece or finished costume by a particular date.

All great points but ANOVOS still handles matters in a way that is far less professional than how they wish to be perceived. Far less. They are not expected to go "deep deep" into explanations - just stay in better touch with their outstanding customers. And they seemingly use no criteria at all for their shipping calendar - do they really only tease a date out in hopes of retaining the money of the customer? My guess too is that they keep their CS people in the dark for purposes of plausible deniability. With a couple immediate changes in communication they could improve their reputation GREATLY. And I would love to suggest very supportive, constructive, UNEMOTIONAL changes but there is no way to speak with them.

It's weird that this is the only type of retail business that I am aware of where delays aren't just expected and accepted, they seem more likely than not to occur.

It all seems very amateurish. Imagine buying a car and being told "not this month, manufacturing issues, maybe next quarter!" for months on end. Would anyone stand for it?

Has it always been like this? Nobody told me when I got into this "hobby" that every purchase would be a battle (I don't really consider a series of attempts to pay money to companies for items a hobby, but that's another topic). It's ridiculous, it's tiring, and I don't see it changing any time soon. Sorry for the rant, but it's been on my mind as of late.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back