ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

What is does say is: Helmet is created from visual reference of the original prop

Which means they had some pictures. Well guess what. We fans have had pictures of these props for 40 years and still finding new details.
?

Man, that is such an incredibly vague statement made to support technicalities.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree the descriptions in prop listings should be more specific as far as materials so the customer is more likely to know what to expect.

I do have issues with these statements. "The EFX PCR line is imo WAAAAAY better. Cheaper and the plastic is at least solid to the touch." Maybe some people prefer that, but many people want something closer to the original.

Injection molding has limitations that require changes to the original design in some cases. The efx PCR Stormtrooper has extra seams not present on the originals. The efx PCR Vader has modifications to the snout and a seam in the top helmet. These are all things to consider before deciding which helmet to buy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm seeing a few people who've received their snowtrooper helmets and I am losing confidence, they don't look like they've been constructed properly. Mine is suppose to arrive tomorrow...

I'm seeing a few people who've received their snowtrooper helmets and I am losing confidence, they don't look like they've been constructed properly. Mine is suppose to arrive tomorrow...

Please post some pics if you get a chance. I got a full ensemble Snowtrooper on order, so hope it won't be too off. I was quite happy with the AT-AT Pilot and TIE Pilot ensembles however especially for the original tiered price.

Here is my Anovos Snowtrooper helmet kit.
It was a pain to put together!
64B164D9-98B4-43FE-B27A-5C5953587360.jpeg

Well, I must admit I’ve never studied the snowtrooper .. I’m much more into TK. That being said I wanted the snow ensemble, ordered at Tier 1 and cancelled much later.

When I look at these pics, it just looks wrong. All wrong actually! The head cap is too round and high, the brow is off and warped or badly trimmed and the overall look seems off.

It’s been said again and again but the box art looks much much better than what I see in the pics.

That and that last helmet is put together all wrong too. It doesn’t even sit right?

Well, I must admit I’ve never studied the snowtrooper .. I’m much more into TK. That being said I wanted the snow ensemble, ordered at Tier 1 and cancelled much later.

When I look at these pics, it just looks wrong. All wrong actually! The head cap is too round and high, the brow is off and warped or badly trimmed and the overall look seems off.

It’s been said again and again but the box art looks much much better than what I see in the pics.

That and that last helmet is put together all wrong too. It doesn’t even sit right?

The one on the "box" is wrong too if we're going to accuracy

You can see in the back picture the cap when compared to the square details is so far off it looks just sloppy. Also I can't tell for sure, but it looks like white tape is being used to hold it together inside?
It's really too bad; this could have been a good helmet if Anovos had spent more time on the fit and finish at least.

The PP3 is still a Fett helmet though. What’s this snowtrooper based off?

The helmet they 3d scanned is the one that's seen in the traveling costume exhibits. The issue is that this particular helmet has been arguably mishandled over the years and has suffered from both the age and warping, resulting in it not shaped as it was during the actual movie production. Anovos scanned it and "tried" to correct it and ended up with this. The helmet on the "box" is a Moncal helmet, which was originally going to be their actual product

I saw the instructions and they're quite poor IMO. From your picture it looks like you may have the dome orientated incorrectly, as the "front" of the dome should have a slight "bend" along the browline.

There is a very clear bend on the left side of the dome and I matched it to how they had it on their pictures.
I used their pictures for reference. I don’t know if that was such a good idea.
I just have it as a decoration in my office. Looks okay up on the wall.

There is a very clear bend on the left side of the dome and I matched it to how they had it on their pictures.
I used their pictures for reference. I don’t know if that was such a good idea.
I just have it as a decoration in my office. Looks okay up on the wall.

Yea. I don't feel I've seen a snowtrooper helmet from them so far that has looked properly built. Most have poorly trimmed brow lines, others have crooked eyes/faceplates, and the rear recessed boxes on all have been spaced too far away from the brow and always crooked to an extreme angle

I'm likely going to make a review video to address all of this. Of all the amazing helmets they've put out, this is by far lacking in significant effort.

there was nothing wrong with the OP's review. He openly admitted to not knowing about accuracy. His review was in regards to expectations. Go to and https://www.anovos.com/collections/...-lt-oxixo-imperial-tie-pilot-helmet-accessory and tell me were it says:

Exact filming production standards
Will be wonky
Flimsy to the touch
Not made to be lopsided but once put in the non accurate liner, it were throw it out of whack

What is does say is: Helmet is created from visual reference of the original prop

Which means they had some pictures. Well guess what. We fans have had pictures of these props for 40 years and still finding new details.

They never promised or indicated the materials they utilized are exact. They could have used a better quality ABS so that it would not be flimsy and not be distorted once the NON-ACCURATE liner/adjustment system is put in place.

An Anovos customer should be able to go to the website, see the images, read the description and have a decent expectation of what they want. I hate to tell you all this but not everyone who wants to buy a helmet is coming to RPF or even interested in props and costumes as a hobby AND THEY DO NOT NEED TO BE ONE. Most people just want an item of what they perceive on screen, not a history lesson and THAT SHOULD BE THE CASE.

So what are you saying: Anovos could post Clone armor for sale and they could actually deliver a green spandex suit with ping pong balls attached?

OP was not the first to buy the OT TIE helmet. He could have easily read other reviews or watch youtube for some Anovos helmets, not just TIE, but Stormtrooper and others. Or talk to someone who has it and realize how it was made, come to the forums, boards and FB groups and simply ASK how is that helmet, is it what you'd expect? There are also sites like www.starwarshelmets.com, mentioned above.

Anovos could have written a few more things about their stuff indeed, they have this only: Helmet is created from visual reference of the original prop, right down to the asymmetry (you kinda forgot to mention this above...) and Helmet is constructed in durable black U/V protected ABS plastic. And I don't see any company to write that their products will be anything like "Flimsy to the touch".

The thing is quite simple these days: inform yourself before buying anything, and you can get the info needed if trying to Google for what you are interested in. But why do a simple research, when you can buy something, and complain later that the product is flimsy or wonky, though it is long known how that thing is and looks like.

helmanovtie.jpg

helmanovtie.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP was not the first to buy the OT TIE helmet. He could have easily read other reviews or watch youtube for some Anovos helmets, not just TIE, but Stormtrooper and others. Or talk to someone who has it and realize how it was made, come to the forums, boards and FB groups and simply ASK how is that helmet, is it what you'd expect? There are also sites like www.starwarshelmets.com, mentioned above.

Anovos could have written a few more things about their stuff indeed, they have this only: Helmet is created from visual reference of the original prop, right down to the asymmetry (you kinda forgot to mention this above...) and Helmet is constructed in durable black U/V protected ABS plastic. And I don't see any company to write that their products will be anything like "Flimsy to the touch".

The thing is quite simple these days: inform yourself before buying anything, and you can get the info needed if trying to Google for what you are interested in. But why do a simple research, when you can buy something, and complain later that the product is flimsy or wonky, though it is long known how that thing is and looks like.

View attachment 788405

Your whole reply pretty much re enforced my position.

and btw: we are talking about the wingman helmet because that was the item the OP purchased, not the regular Tie. I left nothing off. :facepalm

IMG_0724.PNG

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back