ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Also, who will be making accurate boots?

I would think ANOVOS would be able to handle the Bespin boots. They are mostly a soft goods type of leather/fabric moccasin. Pretty easy to replicate for a costume based company. Not quite as hard to build as a Han Solo boot.

Hope you are correct and Anovos does the boots. I trust their work over what I have found on the internet google search and ebay.

Thanks for clearing that up! No offense intended, surprised at the time.:)

I'm derailing off topic but I feel I should address this: As the Squad leader for the 501st in BC, I'll speak only my personal observation and perspective. The 2 sabers you referred to: many of the table props displayed were for people to handle and pose with in the charity photo booth. They ranged from cheap painted Hasbro blasters to off the shelf Park sabers for display. There was no intention for "accuracy". Just some fun things to handle for guests..

Correct ! We hope to be working with EFX so they can provide the props to support your costume needs !

As for boots, officially, we don't have license to do them unless we're going to compete with the likes of Nike, Vans and addidas...so no. BUT, we hope to come up and present an idea that will hopefully step around the shoe issue much later. For right now though, we will not be making boots or shoes.

GotMaul - Did you see my query about your making Terry English-moulded Colonial Marine gear?
Not sure who it was that was making the claims, but as I say, I'm extremely interested in anything Aliens, for obvious reasons!

Any comments on sizing? Again I know there are folks that are prancing in efx stormtroopers because of sizing. I'm 6'9" working on Vader now but am interested in some of the others perhaps if the sizing fits. And then there are always those 5'8" Vaders too... :D

What range of body types are you planning on covering with your sizes?

Scapey: To date, we don't have any plans that are set with Aliens. We do love the franchise and I think the reference to Terry English armor was probably in wishful thought or talking about our friend's armor pieces.

Mikkonator: While we can vary sizes of jumpsuits and such, it will be tougher with some armor and easier with others. When it comes to fixed armor pieces, such as Vader, there will be limited sizing simply because the size of the mantle/bells/ helmet. In other words, an XS probably won't fit the bill, but going to 2XL is probably more appropriate. As far as the Stormtrooper, Clonetrooper and other Troopers are concerned, some will be more forgiving on the size. Of those troopers, we do plan on offering a some level of variability with the fully built costumes and also another option which will allow for all sizes (more information released later on this ---sorry for the vagueness).

MJF - its an immediate charge. BUT, we do use Paypal that allows you to do payments.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone - we are hours away from tomorrow's launch on May the 4th. Just a reminder, sign up for the newsletter because we are sending out the hidden link to get a whopping 25% off the first tier (pending any changes). Limited spots and newsletter folks get first shot at it first thing tomorrow morning.

Joe

Preorder started a few minutes ago FYI!!

Not as insane pricing as I thought! Just was expecting the holster rig going with it and it's not unfortunately.

Regards,

Alberto

Evidently it's currently only available to North American customers.

This pre-order is available exclusively to North American customers. Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter for updates on International sales outside of North America.

I couldn't pull the trigger on it. I had a lot reasons but none were about price and quality.

The major factor was the sizing. I would have had to buy pants that would have been 5 inches longer than what I need. I would say I'm probably very close in size the 1980s Mark Hamill. I stay fit and work out 6 times a day. I fear that a pair of pants that allow for someone that tall will also have extra room built in throughout the thighs and hip. Like I said in an earlier post, the fit is a major part of this costume and unless I can test fit one, I just do not have confidence in a costume that is ready to wear vice custom fit.

I m going to stick with my JK2. Very well done, not as perfect as ANVOS. It could use a little tailoring too due to weight loss over the years. But having a Jk2, I know that as much as I like this costume, I never really wear it much. I wore it once to SDCC in 2002 and again to a Halloween party in 2005. A much as I like costumes, I don't like to wear them and I don't have the space or proper way to display them.

In the end, I have a list of things I would like for my collection and limited budget to acquire them. After I thought about it and my circumstances, I past on this offering. I look forward to offerings on the future.

Last edited:
Ordered! My first real costume. I need something to wear once my R2 is done.

And I guess this was the deciding factor that I'm doing an ESB R2 instead of SW.

The sizing does seem a little odd. I'm average height (5'11") with a 32" waist and a 32" inseam. Have leg lengths been slightly overestimated so that they can be taken up if needed?

The sizing does seem a little odd. I'm average height (5'11") with a 32" waist and a 32" inseam. Have leg lengths been slightly overestimated so that they can be taken up if needed?

I see this notice on most of their soft goods items which recommends tailoring because it's a long shot to get an off-the-rack item that fits someone perfectly:

• Please have your measurements taken properly by a professional tailor
    Refer to the sizing and measurement guide to provide the correct measurements for yourself. You are responsible for the quality of measurements provided above. This is NOT a custom made piece. ANOVOS will assign sizing (S, M, L, XL, 2XL) comparing measurements provided against manufacturer's sizing guides. Buyer assumes full responsibility for sizes submitted for order. Sizes taken directly from commercial clothing should never be used as substitution for physical measurements. Upon submission of the order, the Buyer absolves ANOVOS of responsibility for incorrect measurements submitted. ANOVOS reserves the right for any exchanges or returns to be made at their complete discretion.

If I were to spend good money on a costume, I'd want to get it tailored after purchase so it looks right on me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back