ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I'm wondering about a few things regarding the Stormtrooper armor for example:

- what will be the difference in accuracy, materials and other features/options compared to the TK armor released by eFX
- what will be the price compared to eFX Stormie armor (and, why not, other suits of armor)
- how long it will take for Anovos to release their stuff

Wow, awesome.

I kinda share James Kenobis view. BUT I always had the montra, "If a fellow member can make item X with high quality for a reasonable price...ill buy it. Sure I can scratch make stuff, but my time is worth money as well. With that said, you never get the satisfaction of saying, " I made this" by writing a check.

From what I have seen so far the costumes will be a hit if there is enough preorders and the quality control is kept high.

Congrats guys, looking forward to some high ends costumes!

If these are anything like ANOVOS other offerings, the QC will be impeccable as well as the product! :thumbsup

Hi everyone

I can't thank you enough, on behalf of our company, and what it means to have your support and watch us grow in the past few years. It has all lead to this- a homecoming of sorts since it was originally Star Wars I first came to the RPF and met my first hobby friends back in 1999-ish.

I wanted to quickly answer some questions posted here :

1. Our license aims to make high end costuming license accessible to the general Star Wars enthusiasts. That means the costume fit, longevity and wearable armor/soft goods is a primary concern in creating quality products. Hence when we design our product, while accuracy is important the internal fit is just as important if not more, especially in the case of user comfort and costume durability. This has already left us with tough decisions to make as a premiere costume company, but ones we stay steadfast that has lead us to to success in previous endeavors.
2. As I mentioned before, we are a premiere costuming company and EFX makes premiere props and collectibles. Our energy and focus is poured into making accessible accurate costumes but heavily weighted by wearability, comfort and durability. Simply put, we make full wearable costumes, they make props.
3. The amor pieces displayed at C2E2 are concept pieces to stir conversation and show general direction. They are not our manufacturing prototypes.

That's the scoop- first heard here where it all started. This place has always been dear to my heart and will continue to be so. The only thing I do ask is to be patient with us as we start to mature and evolve the product lines. Your input is so invaluable to us as every thread and mention is read. Good folks like Moncal have been super gracious in lending us their capabilities and consult to bring out some do the most exciting product and again, it all came from here. So, here we go, guys- we are excited, locked and loaded- as I sincerely hope you are too ...send us your suggestions and comments !

A couple more pics courtesy of usaeatt2:

3480A278-0480-47FF-B7B5-C5FA12FDA74F_zpss647c976.jpg

03369691-10DB-40D9-B0DC-965CA1BA1EA9_zpsgz1x5mza.jpg

26ACEC92-284E-4B68-A643-43672DB01575_zpsvfyutrx6.jpg

Although my interest lies predominantly with the OT, I'm really liking the Clone.
As for the Vader, I suspect as a costuming company this will end up a generic interpretation rather than a specific one.

The Luke Bespin will be tricky. For that costume to look right, it needs to be either custom made to the buyer's measurements or it will need some sort of clever fit adjustment devices built in.

I have never had that much interest in any of Luke's costumes, but seeing that Bespin prototype makes me think that would look fantastic on a mannequin in the office!

I have never had that much interest in any of Luke's costumes, but seeing that Bespin prototype makes me think that would look fantastic on a mannequin in the office!
I'm going to have to agree with that.... I personally dress as Vader, but having a Bespin Luke mannequin would be awesome, and maybe even having someone sculpt a silicone Mark Hamill mask to go on the mannequin... that would look awesome.

The question is, would you get it to fit you or circa 1979 Mark Hamill size? ..or are they the same? :)

I would never try to costume as Luke. Just don't have the look, so I would take it in whatever standard size it was made in.

Logically speaking, that costume could be a fatigue used by many other in the rebellion. Unlike Solo who is able to bring his wardrobe with him, Luke relies on rebellion surplus/issue. His boots on that outfit are the same as other pilots. It would not be inconceivable to assume that all pilots on Hoth have the same fatigues layered underneath their flight suit. Luke does tend to be the only one wearing a holster rig but maybe the other pilots keep sidearms writhe the gear in their ship.

Just something to think about.

Also curious as Im seeing photos pop up of the Anovos booth at C2E2 and theres ROTS Clone trooper armor, looks real similar to Sci-Fire/C6 stuff. Would love to know who all in the community is involved here on the armor end.
The chest and thighs look like C6's very much. I can't figure out what the cod is from - but it is the part that looks the most like Sci-fire to me, if trimmed liberally.

I would never try to costume as Luke. Just don't have the look, so I would take it in whatever standard size it was made in.

Me too. I'm 6' and lanky so it wouldn't look right. Now... if it was a ANH costume I might be tempted since it would help to have something to go with my landspeeder ;) It had better come with a wig too though...haha..I grew my hair out for the Lone Ranger movie and that kinda sucked. I don't think I could live with a Luke hair cut.

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

To answer some questions about the clone concept is that it belongs to the personal collection of our company. As a concept piece, it is not what will be used in manufacturing and simply used as a display piece to stir conversation. In fact, our development process has taken us far away from this concept armor, recreating and manipulating CGI models to fit a conventional human body types , for 3D print and finishing. We are very excited and will share progress pics when appropriate.

Thank you all again for your support.

BTW - Cal - you can send that landspeeder my way ! Beautiful work !!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back