ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Not to derail this thread, but...

Just picked up an Anovos standard line Vader helmet to "upgrade" my Vader costume. I've had a DP Classic Action and (current) Master Replicas ROTS fiberglas for comparison.

I must say.... I am VERY impressed. It is a nice merging, IMO, of the ESB and ROTJ helmets with some artistic license under the dome reveal greeblies, but still retains some of the "wonkiness" of the screen used helmets. The dome mounting mechanism is a nice magnetic thunk. Overall, the Anovos dome is VERY close to the MR ROTS Vader, surprisingly.

Now, I got a solid deal on eBay and got the helmet immediately, I did NOT order through Anovos. But I did get my FO standard line trooper helmet through them 2 years ago, in the expected time-frame.

Three weeks of reaching out to Anovos support and zero response regarding my Poe Dameron Black Squad Pilot Helmet. Cracks where the visor screwed were put in, and a loose visor! Also - no microphone!

What's with these guys?
The microphone on my Poe helmet was pretty well hidden in the packing. It took me a while to find it. It wasn't on the helmet in the box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just to prove a point here; there are still no snowtroopers released despite your nit-picking.

It's not nitpicking when you complain that it's already in Q4, when it isn't.

You don't get to claim the high ground when you proclaim something is late before it's, you know, actually late. If it's late now, knock yourself out. But then, it wasn't.

It's not nitpicking when you complain that it's already in Q4, when it isn't.

You don't get to claim the high ground when you proclaim something is late before it's, you know, actually late. If it's late now, knock yourself out. But then, it wasn't.

Its been late for over 2 years. You don't get to be a nit picking twit about giving them **** for not meeting yet another lie of a release window when they promised the product was going to be released in 2015 and we're about to be in 2018 and its still nowhere in sight.

Namecalling? Classy.

Simple fact, it was claimed it was q4 when it was not. Simple as that.

I waited on a helmet 3 years. So I know the feeling. It absolutely sucks. But - they're a bit player frankly trying to get big guys to make their product. They're going to get pushed back. It's patently obvious by now.

You can be upset, sure. But taking it out on others isn't going to help at all. Taking it out on them (as we've seen) doesn't help either. Both the snowtrooper and Tie pilot (what i was waiting on) were on the early orders. Those issues have been largely (though not completely) remedied.

Sorry i bugged you enough to bookmark it 4 weeks to say 'told ya', but i never said it would be there before Q4, i only said it wasn't Q4 yet - that's all. Read back far enough and i did it to myself sort of - i was hacked took an extra 18 months to paint the mohawk and teeth - but noted my 3 year mark was in december and they still had time to make it prior to that.

Their original dates look like dartboard guesses for sure. Frustration is to be expected. Taking it out on others isn't.

Below are comparison photos of the Anovos TFA FO TK Standard Line and Premier Line Helmets. The Standard is on the left and Premier on the right.

FO-TK-1.jpg
FO-TK-2.jpg
FO-TK-3.jpg
FO-TK-4.jpg
FO-TK-5.jpg
FO-TK-6.jpg
FO-TK-7.jpg
FO-TK-8.jpg
FO-TK-9.jpg
FO-TK-10.jpg
FO-TK-11.jpg
FO-TK-12.jpg

Yes, I paid in full for the Kylo Premiere costume two years ago about (come March) and have just about forgot about it. I guess it will come some day and I will try to get excited about it again then if I can. The only thing I am banking on is the idea that it will be THAT amazing when it shows up. But I will cancel if it gets postponed again.
They took preorders awhile back but they haven't released yet.

Sean

Yes, I paid in full for the Kylo Premiere costume two years ago about (come March) and have just about forgot about it. I guess it will come some day and I will try to get excited about it again then if I can. The only thing I am banking on is the idea that it will be THAT amazing when it shows up. But I will cancel if it gets postponed again.

Be prepared to cancel for real then, it won't be released within the window. Literally the only thing they are actually getting out the door are helmets. Everything else is just a pipe dream that they'll 'get to it' eventually. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I gave them years and years of waiting for the snow trooper before cancelling and literally the only thing they have to show over 3 years later is a helmet kit you need to put together yourself...

was really interested in getting the Snowtrooper kit, but damn even the cheapest shipping option to Australia is like $89! I think I will pass.............

Of course Anovos is shipping unfinished snowtrooper helmets before those finished helmets paid for 3 years ago /s

you would think if the kits are already in stock, it shouldn't take that much more effort to finish them off, but delays seems to be a common complaint for the various licensed prop makers.

Yall know what the definition of insanity is right??

Yes, I'm aware. I pre-ordered the helmet when they first announced it for like $180. This was prior to all the Anovos BS that followed. If I hadn't decided to collect any and everything Snowtrooper possible, I'd have just gotten my refund back, but unfortunately, this is the first "high end" snowtrooper replica anything and I've bound myself to this. I have not given another dime to Anovos for another product.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back