ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Nice of Anovos to come up with a new Last Jedi Kylo Ren ensemble before delivering on the now obsolete Force Awakens ensemble.
https://www.anovos.com/collections/...ar-wars-the-last-jedi-kylo-ren-cape-accessory

Obsolete? That makes no sense. Is Luke's ANH costume "obsolete" just because he wears a different costume in ESB or ROTJ? No, its not. Like many other Star Wars characters, Kylo has different outfits in different movies. Do you wear the same clothes every day?

Obsolete? That makes no sense. Is Luke's ANH costume "obsolete" just because he wears a different costume in ESB or ROTJ? No, its not. Like many other Star Wars characters, Kylo has different outfits in different movies. Do you wear the same clothes every day?

Juuuust a little tongue-in-cheek comment about Anovos' way of doing business.

It is interesting that they don't offer this with the gloves, pants, shirt or helmet like the Force Awakens ensemble. It's almost like Anovos saying "Here's a $1300 upgrade to $3100 ensemble that we haven't delivered yet."

Hmmmmm..... didn’t realize in the theater just how different the tunic is from TFA. I thought it was just a difference with the cape instead of hood. Really, really prefer the TFA version.

For those looking for a Phasma helmet, http://www.plasmainfusion.com/ has a good batch in stock. Just got mine and no surface cracks.
Image.jpeg

I keep hearing this waxed cotton, never seen this in person. Interesting

You have probably seen it before but you just assumed what you were seeing was leather.

These are two waxed cotton jackets I own, one brown and one black. Both are made by Coach. The brown one has a bit of leather on the edging. So you can get an idea how leather appears in comparison. It's used in many things like purses and wallets too

Attachments

• IMG_0798.JPG
    IMG_0798.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 123
Do you continually have to wax them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waxed_cotton

Not something you tend to worry about for this type of use. In more commercial uses like sail in the sailing industry, then yes but it is something that is done by the manufacture

Waxed cotton has been around for almost a couple centuries as it had practical uses. It is really only recently that it has been utilized in the fashion industry to achieve a cheaper and animal friendly leather substitute.

Why in the hell is the Kylo Ren TLJ cape $1200?!?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Its not even real leather!!! I was waiting for Anovos to put it up on their site but well, I cant afford 1200

I came here to discuss my first item from Anovos instead I complain about prices! LOL any way I got the Rebel snow speeder jacket for Christmas and I love it!!!!!! Its well made and very warm. The rank badge is VERY well painted!!!!! Its super nice.

The jacket shipped 2 days after my mom had ordered it....They do deliver, its just the demand for Star Wars items is huge...Anovos went way in over their heads during the pre ordering stage is all.

I still have my stormtrooper kit on order since sept and finally paid for the shipping so I should have it soon. I was informed that my kit would ship winter of 2017 so it should be any time now.

Why in the hell is the Kylo Ren TLJ cape $1200?!?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Its not even real leather!!! I was waiting for Anovos to put it up on their site but well, I cant afford 1200

dang! i thought it was real leather for that price!!! wow

Three weeks of reaching out to Anovos support and zero response regarding my Poe Dameron Black Squad Pilot Helmet. Cracks where the visor screwed were put in, and a loose visor! Also - no microphone!

What's with these guys?

Three weeks of reaching out to Anovos support and zero response regarding my Poe Dameron Black Squad Pilot Helmet. Cracks where the visor screwed were put in, and a loose visor! Also - no microphone!

What's with these guys?
Sounds like another Anovos QC victim. I had to return mine as well; one of the ear caps wasn’t glued on, a huge scratch was on the front and a patch of paint was ruined on the top. Luckily my replacement was perfect.

You’d think at this price point Anovos would visit their factory to make sure they’re meeting standards instead of just shipping whatever to make the quota.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back