ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

So, are the Vader wingman TIEs shipping anywhere outside of Asia? I am at the point where I doubt that I will ever get it, but now I see it is popping up here and there. I hope to hear something soon. Some vendors on eBay are selling the standard versions for a decent price.
I,think I saw a listing on eBay for the Oxixo as well

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

Can anyone that owns the Tie Fighter helmets watch my video and confirm that my helmet is defective? My Oxixo Helmet has a bunch of light cuff marks all over the helmet. Should i return it or just try to polish them out? https://youtu.be/KmhQlQ3tQe8

How long did you have this on order? I've had mine on order since day 1, I've heard nothing, received no shipping notice, nothing.
Having said that.... I think they're all gonna come scuffed up. I'd try polishing it & seeing if that helps knock down some of the scuffs. It does suck, having waited all these years, only to receive a scratched up item. But I know the screen used ones weren't perfect either.

How long did you have this on order? I've had mine on order since day 1, I've heard nothing, received no shipping notice, nothing.
Having said that.... I think they're all gonna come scuffed up. I'd try polishing it & seeing if that helps knock down some of the scuffs. It does suck, having waited all these years, only to receive a scratched up item. But I know the screen used ones weren't perfect either.

I posted earlier, i ordered mine day 1 also. It's within 2 weeks now of being 3 years since that day. I talked to Anovos last week and they said they're expecting them to arrive on 12/22. How ones in asia are shipping now, i have no idea as i thought they ALL had to come to the home office for inspection, etc, before shipping anywhere.

Can anyone that owns the Tie Fighter helmets watch my video and confirm that my helmet is defective? My Oxixo Helmet has a bunch of light cuff marks all over the helmet. Should i return it or just try to polish them out? https://youtu.be/KmhQlQ3tQe8

Honestly, if you've worked on ABS helmet kits in the past (in general) these kinds of markings are typical, especially if you're not being ultra careful when handling the pieces. It's hard to see anything major in the video. The one that looks more like mis-handling is the one you pointed out on the front of the mowhawk, but even then, I personally wouldn't make a fuss over. The other areas looked more like smudges then actual scuff marks. You can buy ABS polish and try that on the helmet and get it looking cleaner.

Frankly, it's up to you, but I have a higher tolerance in accepting certain issues and to me, this isn't much of one. If anything, it adds character and it's not something that takes away from the helmet's overall appearance; it's nothing egregious. Nevermind the hassle of returning it and all that.

I posted earlier, i ordered mine day 1 also. It's within 2 weeks now of being 3 years since that day. I talked to Anovos last week and they said they're expecting them to arrive on 12/22. How ones in asia are shipping now, i have no idea as i thought they ALL had to come to the home office for inspection, etc, before shipping anywhere.

Thanks for the response. I was in the middle of writing an email to ANOVOS, when your reply hit. I guess that means our helmets are on the water heading our way. I was on the verge of canceling. But I guess I'll hold off a bit more.
I can understand shipping from Asia, to customers on that side of the planet, instead of shipping them across the ocean twice. I never believed it when companies say they inspect all the product before shipping to us. They might on a few. I think it's just a delay tactic.
Fingers crossed we'll get ours soon.

If I’m paying top dollar to a license holder I would expect the product to pass QC levels and arrive with me in mint condition, whatever it was made of.
I wonder if the scuffs are more noticable because it is black. Does anyone with a Shadowtrooper helmet have similar scuffs? The stormtrooper and AT-AT may have similar marks, but they just aren't as noticable because of the color or the plastic.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the scuffs are more noticable because it is black. Does anyone with a Shadowtrooper helmet have similar scuffs? The stormtrooper and AT-AT may have similar marks, but they just aren't as noticable because of the color or the plastic.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Yes, it's because it's black ABS. I've seen these type of scuffs on other black TK helmets and even raw ABS sheets. The scuffs can be minimized with Novus polish.

Also, I got my Kylo helmet and my god is it awesome. Doesn't photograph well, but looks fantastic in person.

I ordered my storm trooper armour on Feb.6th of 2017 ,still waiting
was told it would be ready in july ,then september and now december or later
was told bad pulls on the molds that needed to be revised
I paid in full
NO one else there seems to know what is going on there
its grinding my gears

Not to make light of your situation (well, not too much anyhow) but you're not even at a year. The Han Solo belt was 3 years, the Tie Pilot Wingman helmet has now hit three years and a couple other things have hit 2 years.

The FO armor 'was' supposed to be different, but between bad pulls and small order numbers (small number in from vendor to manufacturer in china) and i'm sure they get bumped down the list repeatedly. And order of 4-5k suits will get dwarfed by a toy company looking for a million figures or dolls, etc. If you go the Premier package, that was supposed to have been made in the US to cut down on the wait which is why it cost a bit more. Not sure what the deal is there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back