ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Eh. I've been trying to get a refund for my Shoretrooper Armor Kit I preordered for over 3 months now...
According to the Anovos website, the Shoretrooper Armor kit was put up for preorder on July 19th. It hasn't been three months since it was first offered.

It appears that item has been cancelled. Hopefully they have contacted you about a refund.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Someone on the Blizzard Force forums just posted he got his Anovos Snowtrooper costume in, asking about how to properly wear it all. I did a double-take and I am awaiting him to confirm this...

According to the Anovos website, the Shoretrooper Armor kit was put up for preorder on July 19th. It hasn't been three months since it was first offered.

It appears that item has been cancelled. Hopefully they have contacted you about a refund.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Yea, They cancelled but they haven't refunded it.

Someone on the Blizzard Force forums just posted he got his Anovos Snowtrooper costume in, asking about how to properly wear it all. I did a double-take and I am awaiting him to confirm this...

Huh, he didn't accidentally mix it up with a different maker? Haven't had any shipping notice for mine.

Huh, he didn't accidentally mix it up with a different maker? Haven't had any shipping notice for mine.

Yea I forgot to make a follow-up post regarding this.

Turns out he got this costume from a "recently fired" Anovos executive who was selling off stuff.

What he got was a set of moncal armor, but likely could be one of the "prototypes" by Anovos. The early "prototypes" were merely moncal snowtrooper armor, and Anovos originally was planning to just build off of his armor rather than invest in 100% original pieces-well that changed obviously.

He sent me pictures, and it does appear quite similar to the official pictures of the suit used for their original announcement in 2014, however, the only piece that actually matches to that specific suit is the backpack-which I assessed based off of the fact that the weathering patterns are identical between what this member got and the one in the anovos photos.

Everything else, however (I only looked at the hard armor parts) did not match up via weathering to the one in the anovos photos. The weathering style is the same, which leads me to believe the same person worked on both these suits, and likely supports the theory it was merely part of a 2nd suit for use by Anovos, possibly intended for display for their traveling convention booth

It's missing the "T" greeblie, the vintage slider knob, on the chest piece. The funny thing for me to think about is that several years ago after the anovos announcement, I reached out and sent MonCal an original slider knob specifically for use for the anovos project, as that particular part was just recently identified and sourced. I do wonder if that piece was ever used, and if so, was originally on this particular chest piece only to have been removed later on by someone, either anovos or the builder (maybe even cal himself?).

That or it simply fell off somewhere. Oh well. I'm waiting for him to follow up about any possible markings on the inside of the armor parts though.

Still waiting on one refund for an order I cancelled over 3 months ago (FO stormtrooper armor kit).

Fed up with waiting so I've now cancelled one of my other two orders that had been pending (FO Premier stormtrooper helmet.) My remaining order will be next if they can't figure out the armor refund soon. Fed up with the nonsense in this hobby.

Still waiting on one refund for an order I cancelled over 3 months ago (FO stormtrooper armor kit).

Fed up with waiting so I've now cancelled one of my other two orders that had been pending (FO Premier stormtrooper helmet.) My remaining order will be next if they can't figure out the armor refund soon. Fed up with the nonsense in this hobby.

I'm really curious why some people have an issue with refunds. I cancelled something awhile back and had my money refunded within a week. Make sure you follow through with them and fill out the form they request you fill out as well. Sometimes that form may go in someone's junk mail, etc.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. I've done everything they needed, and have been checking in once a week on live chat and also some thru email. Every time they apologize, say they'll "escalate it" and will finish by saying they see it's been way too long and they'll do everything they can to get it done.

I've spoken with what must be all three of their support people many times, so I'm sure they know who I am by now. Have been very patient as I'm sure it's not the customer service people's fault, but I'm ready to be done. It's too bad, it's really soured my experience with them that had been great as far as every product I've received.

I'm really curious why some people have an issue with refunds. I cancelled something awhile back and had my money refunded within a week. Make sure you follow through with them and fill out the form they request you fill out as well. Sometimes that form may go in someone's junk mail, etc.
I have been emailing back and forth with Anovos for almost 3 months... Now they are saying that they only have one part time worker fulfilling refunds.

Yea, They cancelled but they haven't refunded it.
Apparently the Shoretrooper and Death Trooper armor kits are on hold as opposed to cancelled. I imagine to work on Last Jedi and possibly Han Solo movie products. Has there been any communication from Anovos to the people who ordered these?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Apparently the Shoretrooper and Death Trooper armor kits are on hold as opposed to cancelled. I imagine to work on Last Jedi and possibly Han Solo movie products. Has there been any communication from Anovos to the people who ordered these?

Not that I know of, But in the next few weeks I'm gonna start making Stormtrooper Armor Molds out of MDF... I'll probably do a thread documenting the process.

Anyone think Anovos will actually ship out the FOTK standard kits before the December 21st deadline? We're halfway into the 'Fall 2017' window and radio silence.

Anyone think Anovos will actually ship out the FOTK standard kits before the December 21st deadline? We're halfway into the 'Fall 2017' window and radio silence.
It isn't unusual to not see any updates for long periods of time. That doesn't necessarily indicate the project is on schedule or not. Unfortunately that means we have no idea if it is on schedule or not until they release another update or send shipping emails.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back