ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

@Verbal21

This gentleman has a rpf and rebelscum account but can't remember his rpf name. Maybe post on this review video of his although he does not mention any scratches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tadTYI9zdQk

That's Gabriel (Gabe) from the scum and rpf forums. He is also a facebook friend of mine. Very nice guy. I contacted Gabriel on facebook with regards to my Phasma helmet issues. And yes, he checked his again (and sent me a new video of his as well). And yes, his is perfect and has NO hairline cracks like the one I received. He said mine is most certainly a lemon. I immediately got it returned for an exchange. Might take awhile before I receive a new one as my local retailer need to sort it out with Anovos

Thanks for the help, guys. I reached out to Anovos and they said I have to go through my vendor and that place is closed this week. This sucks.

Hey, Gang - this is interesting. And yes, it sucks. Clear coat over chrome has always been problematic. I hope they are letting helmets dry thoroughly during the process. And keeping their clear coat from settling out during work. Could be just a case of rushing but all of this is guess work on my part/ past experience. Hmm. Ironic that something at Anovos would be rushed. ;)

Mine is absolutely covered in them, pretty much 360 degrees around the base of the helmet. But, they're only really noticeable when the light hits them at certain angles.

I ended up with mine from ebay when the seller accidentally sent me it instead of Kylo Ren. They then let me keep it for a reduced price instead of sending it back so I doubt it's worth asking for a fresh one. I don't mind so much. Might be shoddy finishing for the price, but I'll call it character. Hope it doesn't deteriorate over the years though...

Mine is absolutely covered in them, pretty much 360 degrees around the base of the helmet. But, they're only really noticeable when the light hits them at certain angles.

I ended up with mine from ebay when the seller accidentally sent me it instead of Kylo Ren. They then let me keep it for a reduced price instead of sending it back so I doubt it's worth asking for a fresh one. I don't mind so much. Might be shoddy finishing for the price, but I'll call it character. Hope it doesn't deteriorate over the years though...

Honestly, that's the only thing that's stopping me from sending Anovos an angry email after not wanting to help me out. It actually kind of works for Phasma so luck is ok their side with this one.

@Verbal21

This gentleman has a rpf and rebelscum account but can't remember his rpf name. Maybe post on this review video of his although he does not mention any scratches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tadTYI9zdQk

In this video look at freeze frame 2:57. You can see scratches of a sort right around the highlight. Just curious - is this different than what you guys have?

Must admit that it looks just beautiful in the video. And I like what he says about us complaining about the wait time and then getting something amazing. But I wish they would just say "about a year" up front - it would be much easier!

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, that's the only thing that's stopping me from sending Anovos an angry email after not wanting to help me out. It actually kind of works for Phasma so luck is ok their side with this one.
For an $800 item I'd be pretty pissed as well. For that much money it better be perfect not just close enough condition.

No one anywhere has that information. The only suggestion I have is to ask Customer Service but I'd say there is no way at all you'll get that by Halloween if that was your intention.
Thanks :) I hadn't thought of that. I contacted them and they told me that they took all the items off the site down because they are doing inventory for Halloween. They are going to open them up again soon. They said that they were definitely going to be selling them soon agan, cause Halloween is a really big holiday for them. They also said some of the premiere items ( at least for Vader) will probably be available again as well.Then the usual BS about subscribing to their newsletter for pdates on then they'll be for sale again.

:)

Thanks :) I hadn't thought of that. I contacted them and they told me that they took all the items off the site down because they are doing inventory for Halloween. They are going to open them up again soon. They said that they were definitely going to be selling them soon agan, cause Halloween is a really big holiday for them. They also said some of the premiere items ( at least for Vader) will probably be available again as well.Then the usual BS about subscribing to their newsletter for pdates on then they'll be for sale again.

:)

What a weird coincidence!!!! -

Halloween is a big holiday for us too!!

What a small world...

Just got my Tank Trooper and it is awesome!

As a side note, how are people keeping these helmets clean? Especially finger prints on the shiny ones!

On display at NYCC last weekend. Nice stuff.

Anovos Star Wars Helmets 1 NYCC 2017.jpg

Avonos Star Wars Helmets 2  NYCC 2017.jpg

Although not a fan of the black stripe variant, the subtle design changes to the TLJ trooper helmet make such a huge difference. Really like it.

Although not a fan of the black stripe variant, the subtle design changes to the TLJ trooper helmet make such a huge difference. Really like it.
I am just waiting for the standard all-white FO Trooper helmets from TLJ to come out, they defo will look nicer in an Trooper evolution setup. For the Executioner, I will just have to wait and see what role they play.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back