ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

When I was there, I asked the same question.

The gentleman said they were not only re-releasing the Han bespin line, but will be available individually.

Meaning you you can purchase the jacket or shirt or pants separately.

Also, the chewbacca setup will be extremely pricey. Suggested each costume would be in the $10,000+

They are still reworking the mouthpiece with a "duck like" mouthpiece in order to make his jaw move.

this is freak'n awesome!! now i gotta tell santa clause what i want!

They've really hit the nail on the head with these rogue one helmets. I only have the death trooper but would love the others if I had the cash. They are gorgeous and very well made.

Ben

How do you cancel a pre-order? I don't see an option when I pull up my orders under my account.
Easiest way is thru the live chat I think on the website. That's how I did it. I will add that I did this a couple weeks ago and haven't gotten the refund yet, but per an email I received from support there is a 10-15 business day processing period for refunds to show up. I'll post an update when I do receive the refund.

Last edited by a moderator:

Easiest way is thru the live chat I think on the website. That's how I did it. I will add that I did this a couple weeks ago and haven't gotten the refund yet, but per an email I received from support there is a 10-15 business day processing period for refunds to show up. I'll post an update when I do receive the refund.

Hmm ok. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Coupon for $25 off purchase of $200 or more, expires August 1: PRDT-EJ4N-A5W7

If you use the code please mention it or message me and I'll edit this post, so others don't try a dead code.

I hope the Chewie mask is somewhat reasonably priced. I don't need the whole costume, but have been wanting to upgrade my Don Post mask since about 1978...

I'm super excited about the Shoretrooper and purchased the helmet and preordered the armor kit. The helmet was paid in full and has already shipped!

I opted for the payment plan for the armor kit. Here's hoping they hold to their Spring deadline. C'mon, Anovos, ol' buddy, don't let me down...

Sean

I feel like I'm going nuts but I can't find the payment plan option when checking out. Is this something I need to contact them prior to ordering to do?

I feel like I'm going nuts but I can't find the payment plan option when checking out. Is this something I need to contact them prior to ordering to do?
It's possible payment plan isn't available for everything, but it should be accessible by adding something to your cart, then clicking the multicolored button that says "Purchase with Partial.ly Payment Plans". If you're further into the checkout process you may have gone too far.

Partial.ly is some third-party company that handles the plans I think.

Also could be an issue if you try using discount code at the same time as doing payment plan (can't do it.)

It's possible payment plan isn't available for everything, but it should be accessible by adding something to your cart, then clicking the multicolored button that says "Purchase with Partial.ly Payment Plans". If you're further into the checkout process you may have gone too far.

Partial.ly is some third-party company that handles the plans I think.

Also could be an issue if you try using discount code at the same time as doing payment plan (can't do it.)

Its the standard Kylo outfit. I'll try using a regular computer. Nothing seems to work on my phone these days.

edit: yea I'm blind lol thanks !

FYI on their payment plan. I bought an item using their payment plan. They charged me the first payment right when I signed up for it. I think it was $150. After 3 more months I thought I had paid it off. I sort of assumed I had paid it off because of the elapsed time, I did not notice they had not charged me any more payments because I use my debit card for everything and do hundreds of transactions a month and I'm too lazy + trusting that everything is going right in my bank account to constantly balance it manually.

Anyway, it was a pre-order so I knew it was going to be a long wait. Then suddenly 9 months later they charged me the last 3 payments of $450 all at once - which I did notice because it was a pretty big drop in my balance. I still didn't get my item until about a year after that. It kind of defeated the reason why I had chosen to use the payment plan option instead of spending $600 right at first.

FYI on their payment plan. I bought an item using their payment plan. They charged me the first payment right when I signed up for it. I think it was $150. After 3 more months I thought I had paid it off. I sort of assumed I had paid it off because of the elapsed time, I did not notice they had not charged me any more payments because I use my debit card for everything and do hundreds of transactions a month and I'm too lazy + trusting that everything is going right in my bank account to constantly balance it manually.

Anyway, it was a pre-order so I knew it was going to be a long wait. Then suddenly 9 months later they charged me the last 3 payments of $450 all at once - which I did notice because it was a pretty big drop in my balance. I still didn't get my item until about a year after that. It kind of defeated the reason why I had chosen to use the payment plan option instead of spending $600 right at first.

eFX did the same thing with my fiberglass Limited Vader helmet. I, however, do balance my accounts manually, so I noticed it immediately. I still deducted the amount, in anticipation of eFX seeing they didn't charge me. But no, they didn't. So I began emailing them after the second month went by with no payment, with no response. I emailed them for months, & every new month they didn't charge me my payment. I still deducted it from my balance though. I began calling, on top of my emailing, once my helmet should've been paid off. I was literally begging them to take the rest of my money. Finally, a very apologetic Bryan emailed, & my helmet was sent.
I've not done a payment plan with ANOVOS. But if this is how they do it, I don't think I'll be doing payment plans with them. They STILL have yet to deliver two helmets I have on order with them, that are paid in full! The Snowtrooper, & the Vader Wingman Tie Pilot. The Vader Wingman was ordered on Dec 8 2014! Hell, the eFX Biker Scout was ordered July 8 2014! ANOVOS has already shipped the regular Tie Pilot helmet. How hard is it to slap on a little paint?! The Snowtrooper helmet was ordered Jan 20 2015. A month later I ordered the AT-AT Driver helmet - Feb 20 2015. I got that, ahead of the Snowtrooper! & it's a lot more detailed than the Tie Pilot, & WAY more complicated than the Snowtrooper!
ANOVOS is better than eFX.... but not by much.

It's really odd, that Vader Wingman Tie lid. It should be an easy one to release after they released the garden-variety all black Tie lid.

When the regular OT TIE pilot helmets were released, I think they said there was some kind of quality issue with the wingman variant. I would rather wait than receive a helmet with issues.

I have several of these older helmets on order too. It is frustrating but Anovos has overall done a much better job than efx, just not on certain products.

I have received an update email about the OT Stormtrooper helmet kit. It is expected to be shipped in August.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

As an aside, I was walking through town yesterday and saw a window full of Anovos helmets (plus an EFX interloper) and thought I'd take a look.

I understand that licenced collectables get a significant markup (particularly from this shop, and especially when you have to take into account international shipping and customs) when they hit retail, but look at some of those prices! When converted into USD that's almost 100% on top of the price from Anovos! I honestly wonder who actually has that much money to burn when it would still be cheaper buying online...

Anyway, I'd not seen any pictures of the Phasma helmet before, so thought I'd share. It looks pretty cool and quite nicely weathered (a lot of pre-existing scratches means you don't have to be quite so precious about it).

(Excuse the crappy phone pic with my reflection spoiling everything - it was pretty hard to take a picture in the milliseconds where people weren't walking by)

Capture.PNG

You don't say where you are...there are some places that shipping really kills the price.

If it's domestic and they're just price gouging, tape up an anovos.com sign under the window :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back