ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

well get ready to wait at least 5 years for that.- They cant put together a simple protom pack for almost 2 years , so think about punching hair then...
Indeed.

A lot of us Wookiees have been discussing the suit. It is a latch hooked kanekalon suit, which is the way most of us do it. From what I understand they are going to be making them all by hand, which is the only way to make a quality Wookiee. It's similar to those silicone real flesh masks: they are hiring professional make-up and creature fx people to produce something high quality, rather than trying to create a mass-produced version of a movie costume.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes them to start shipping suits, how quickly they can make them, and how much they will sell them for. Given that the suit requires hundreds of hours of skilled (expensive) labor, it will certainly be their most expensive costume to date.

I also hope they make that bandolier longer; the they have there is far too short.

It will be interesting to see how the sizing works for the wookie suit. Will it be available in Peter Mayhew size or just more typical sizes? It sounds like the biggest Anovos Vader is too small for Prowse size.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Finally got to open up both my TIE Pilot and AT-AT Pilot ensembles (minus the gloves that will be coming later apparently).

They both far exceeded my expectations for what a licensed company can produce. Took a while to get them, but it was worth it. Some of the details on the AT-AT helmet were shortcutted such as the soda tap things along the face and the pill box on the back of each helmet which is just a solid single piece, but honestly couldn't be happier especially considering I got both for a discounted price. They're both quite well built. The slight gray color for the AT-AT pilot in particular is perfect.

I'll try to take photos a little later of all the parts.

So the AT-ACT they said would be available at D23 was just flat out wrong, huh? It's just another helmet on their "coming soon" list.

So the AT-ACT they said would be available at D23 was just flat out wrong, huh? It's just another helmet on their "coming soon" list.
Where was that said? There was a post on their Facebook page saying they would have a limited number at SDCC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I just can't see this happening.

It will be up for pre-order and then cancelled due to lack of interest

Indeed.

A lot of us Wookiees have been discussing the suit. It is a latch hooked kanekalon suit, which is the way most of us do it. From what I understand they are going to be making them all by hand, which is the only way to make a quality Wookiee. It's similar to those silicone real flesh masks: they are hiring professional make-up and creature fx people to produce something high quality, rather than trying to create a mass-produced version of a movie costume.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes them to start shipping suits, how quickly they can make them, and how much they will sell them for. Given that the suit requires hundreds of hours of skilled (expensive) labor, it will certainly be their most expensive costume to date.

I also hope they make that bandolier longer; the they have there is far too short.

Where was that said? There was a post on their Facebook page saying they would have a limited number at SDCC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yeah, they put it up on their social media page a few days before D23 and my buddy was there to pick me up one and all of a sudden, he's telling me that Anovos said they were just gonna ship it direct to customers. SDCC was a week after D23 and I've still yet to see anyone with one in-hand. Unless limited number = 1 display piece?

19884124_10155568636529214_841222401647478821_n.png

I picked one up at SDCC. They had them there to purchase on site. Its a great helmet but the weathering is different than the photo. It has the grime like the tank trooper helmet but doesn't have the scratches shown in the picture above.

Are there any good pics of the screen used AT-ACT driver helmets? The shots in the movie aren't very good for seeing how much weathering there is. It makes sense that they would have less wear than ground troops.

Those of you waiting for the Han Solo Bespin ensemble in premier or standard may be out of luck. It may not be coming back anytime soon. I was waiting on my additional Standard Han Solo jacket as an original Premier line purchaser and have been given a credit. I was told they would not be able to get the jacket to me due to licensing restrictions. I asked if the Han Solo belts would be coming back any time soon and was told to sign up for newsletter. In other words, probably will be awhile!! That being said, anyone need a medium belt rig? ill swap you for a small?

ANOVOS did not have to do anything, really and I really appreciate them doing this.

Anyone know of the Han Solo bespin setup will ever be released again in the "premium" line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was there, I asked the same question.

The gentleman said they were not only re-releasing the Han bespin line, but will be available individually.

Meaning you you can purchase the jacket or shirt or pants separately.

Also, the chewbacca setup will be extremely pricey. Suggested each costume would be in the $10,000+

They are still reworking the mouthpiece with a "duck like" mouthpiece in order to make his jaw move.

Last edited:
I picked one up at SDCC. They had them there to purchase on site. Its a great helmet but the weathering is different than the photo. It has the grime like the tank trooper helmet but doesn't have the scratches shown in the picture above.

Got pics?

Are there any good pics of the screen used AT-ACT driver helmets? The shots in the movie aren't very good for seeing how much weathering there is. It makes sense that they would have less wear than ground troops.

I've been trying to find photos too. Need to check my visual guide if that has anything.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back