ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

It was a tough decision but I decided to pass on the blue poe. I preordered the black and that's enough for me. Hopefully we'll get some OT helmets at some point. I'd be all in on those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anovos posted a few pics on Twitter showing their booth at SDCC. Most notably they have a full up set of Shoretrooper armor.

I'm a huge fan of this design, but with no mention of a pre-order date, I'm worried it might be a long while before we see thIs stuff delivered (still waiting on that Skywalker ESB belt to go up for sale...)

IMG_0063.PNGIMG_0064.PNGIMG_0065.PNGIMG_4378.JPG

Sean

Hey guys.

My Anovos Darth Vader helmet replica arrived recently and it came in damaged. The way it happened is that one of the plastic zip ties that was holding it in place slipped so the top part was partially loose.

I can't return it, because I live in Ukraine and Anovos doesn't ship to Ukraine. In order to get it in the first place I had to use a redelivery service.

Also I think I should mention that Anovos support was very helpful and offered me a partial refund, or even a replacement. But the problem is that I had to pay extra money for redelivery plus 120$ import fee. So I'd have to pay all of that again, and besides there's no guarantees that they'd be able to send it back directly to Ukraine so it's the same route via redelivery guys, and another 120$ to those customs crooks. Bottom line it's too much of a hassle, and I feel that I've spent more than enough time (1.5 years of waiting) and money on this thing.

I was wondering if you could give me any tips, if there are any, on how I can attempt to repair it, or maybe cover the damage up a little bit? I know a person who professionally does paint jobs and stuff like that, but I was wondering if you could give any recommendations before I hand it to him. Thanks.

Here are the pictures.
http://imgur.com/a/IJ8qe

Hey guys.

My Anovos Darth Vader helmet replica arrived recently and it came in damaged. The way it happened is that one of the plastic zip ties that was holding it in place slipped so the top part was partially loose.

I can't return it, because I live in Ukraine and Anovos doesn't ship to Ukraine. In order to get it in the first place I had to use a redelivery service.

Also I think I should mention that Anovos support was very helpful and offered me a partial refund, or even a replacement. But the problem is that I had to pay extra money for redelivery plus 120$ import fee. So I'd have to pay all of that again, and besides there's no guarantees that they'd be able to send it back directly to Ukraine so it's the same route via redelivery guys, and another 120$ to those customs crooks. Bottom line it's too much of a hassle, and I feel that I've spent more than enough time (1.5 years of waiting) and money on this thing.

I was wondering if you could give me any tips, if there are any, on how I can attempt to repair it, or maybe cover the damage up a little bit? I know a person who professionally does paint jobs and stuff like that, but I was wondering if you could give any recommendations before I hand it to him. Thanks.

Here are the pictures.
http://imgur.com/a/IJ8qe

Oh man, that sucks! Sad to see.
Honestly, if the guy you know does professional work like this (paint & body work on cars), I'd have him do it. The damage to the nose looks like it could be repaired fairly easily. The damage to the dome, will need a bit more work. But I think it could be done. The issue now, however, is will the repair work be more money than the customs & other government tax crooks to get a new one to ya? Good painters & body works guys aren't cheap, & they aren't cheap for a reason.

I get the feeling we'll be seeing a lot of X-Wing helmets. Decent prices too. I'll be happy with the salvaged Rey one for now though:

I wonder if they'll do the blue squadron flight suit....

I have not checked for a month but Rebel Legion folks have been having a heck of a time trying to recreate Rogue One x-wing outfits.

It'd be really nice if Anovos would do a quality EIII Obi-Wan. Can't seem to find any decent ones out there so when Anovos does get items out there, they are generally done well.

Oh man, that sucks! Sad to see.
Honestly, if the guy you know does professional work like this (paint & body work on cars), I'd have him do it. The damage to the nose looks like it could be repaired fairly easily. The damage to the dome, will need a bit more work. But I think it could be done. The issue now, however, is will the repair work be more money than the customs & other government tax crooks to get a new one to ya? Good painters & body works guys aren't cheap, & they aren't cheap for a reason.

Nah I won't have to mail it anywhere, I'll hand it to him personally. He's not into props stuff, but he's very handy with working with paint and stuff so he's my best bet.

Thank you for the reply! We'll see what comes out of it.

P.S. The import tax in here is terrible.. If I order the rest of the Darth Vader suit, I'll have to pay them somewhere around 500-600 bucks... =\

Know there's an interest thread for the OT rebel pilot... but out of curiosity, does anyone know when it could actually be produced?

After chatting with them at Celebration London in July 2016, they said it would be out by December 2016. Have since put together a complete ensemble.

Also noticed they have the code cylinders for $45 when you can get the OB1Kenny model for $30. What's the difference beyond pricing?

Know there's an interest thread for the OT rebel pilot... but out of curiosity, does anyone know when it could actually be produced?

After chatting with them at Celebration London in July 2016, they said it would be out by December 2016. Have since put together a complete ensemble.

Also noticed they have the code cylinders for $45 when you can get the OB1Kenny model for $30. What's the difference beyond pricing?

There may not be any relevant difference in the object itself, but the price is higher because only one has to pay a royalty/licensing fee.

I sort of think I know the answer already, but just to confirm, are the visors on their X wing helmets static, or can they retract?
The Efx versions have a non retracting visor which puts a lot of pressure on your nose, if you choose to wear it!
(Am I right in thinking the screen used helmets had a static visor?).

I don't know about the visor, it would be nice if it were retractable. But I really like that helmet! I hope it's a first of a few different ones. :thumbsup

Last edited:
Nah I won't have to mail it anywhere, I'll hand it to him personally. He's not into props stuff, but he's very handy with working with paint and stuff so he's my best bet.

Thank you for the reply! We'll see what comes out of it.

P.S. The import tax in here is terrible.. If I order the rest of the Darth Vader suit, I'll have to pay them somewhere around 500-600 bucks... =\

Long ago I got a damaged Vader figure from Sideshow site directly. One of the good things is Sideshow asked for it to be destroyed (so I took a hammer and tore it apart and sent them the pics), one of the best ways for international customers, no sending back, no extra shipping costs. The second good thing is the replacement Sideshow sent me through FedEx had a value of $1, so no taxes for me. Maybe you should ask Anovos about this too (at least send replacement with low or no value)? Sideshow does this for international customers, maybe Anovos could help you too.

Long ago I got a damaged Vader figure from Sideshow site directly. One of the good things is Sideshow asked for it to be destroyed (so I took a hammer and tore it apart and sent them the pics), one of the best ways for international customers, no sending back, no extra shipping costs. The second good thing is the replacement Sideshow sent me through FedEx had a value of $1, so no taxes for me. Maybe you should ask Anovos about this too (at least send replacement with low or no value)? Sideshow does this for international customers, maybe Anovos could help you too.

I wouldn't dare too do something like that lol.. I don't know, it feels wrong to destroy something that could be repaired. Anovos is offering me 15% refund, but I'm not sure if I'm going to take it. It's not Anovos fault that delivery people are so careless and playing soccer with my shipment box, why should they take the blame.

Plus they don't ship to my country directly, so that could be a problem.

I'll wait until the person who does repairs tells me if it can be fixed and then I'll make a decision. Thank you for the advice!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back