ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I have tons of fan cast and self made collectibles .. but when I buy a licensed props, it's either because I think it's flawless or I just can't pass it. That helmet was a really cool to have but there's no way I'm modding a 550$ usd helmet and I don't do licensed moding!!

Might as well pay 200$ and 2 cans of paint and do my own prefered paint job! :) But then, I have yet to find a replica of that helmet that looked good shapewise!

How much extra would people be willing to pay for an accurately weathered Anovos Poe helmet? I'm afraid it would add a pretty good amount because of how manual and time consuming it would be to do each helmet.

While the weathering on the Shoretrooper looks alright, it isn't close to what the screen used helmets look like. I'm afraid the weathering on the Poe helmet wouldn't have looked accurate either because it would add so much cost to do it accurately.

Offering a kit version would have been my preferred choice. If the cleanliness of the helmet bothers me too much, I can look at it as a partially finished kit and complete the weathering myself. Adam Savage did some customization to his PropShop Ren helmet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

How much extra would people be willing to pay for an accurately weathered Anovos Poe helmet? I'm afraid it would add a pretty good amount because of how manual and time consuming it would be to do each helmet.

While the weathering on the Shoretrooper looks alright, it isn't close to what the screen used helmets look like. I'm afraid the weathering on the Poe helmet wouldn't have looked accurate either because it would add so much cost to do it accurately.

Offering a kit version would have been my preferred choice. If the cleanliness of the helmet bothers me too much, I can look at it as a partially finished kit and complete the weathering myself. Adam Savage did some customization to his PropShop Ren helmet.

EFx sold their Luke and Wedge helmets for only $30-50 more. I don't think adding wear would've cost significantly that much more.

EFx sold their Luke and Wedge helmets for only $30-50 more. I don't think adding wear would've cost significantly that much more.
Wasn't that several years ago?

Having weathering doesn't need to be time consuming, but it may not look very good.

From what I have read on some of the fan made resistance X-Wing helmets, the painting is kind of a pain to do compared to other helmets. They generally want a few hundred dollars to assemble the helmet and paint it over the kit price.

Hi guys!

Quick question for those who have dealt with Anovos before...
I was about to buy the Luke Bespin ensemble but realised that they have no medium jackets in stock anymore. I can choose the pants in M, but jackets are only available in S, L and XL. Does anyone know if they will be in stock again soon, or did I just miss out on this? This is especially perplexing to me, as they do sell the jackets separately and those are still available in M.

Does this sort of thing happen from time to time, and can I expect them to be in stock for the whole ensemble again soon? Thanks!

That's weird - it just let me select medium in the stand alone jacket?

Maybe try contacting them to see if this is something that's just an issue with the site? Though the listing for the bundle does say limited sizing. Very odd.

Hi guys!

Quick question for those who have dealt with Anovos before...
I was about to buy the Luke Bespin ensemble but realised that they have no medium jackets in stock anymore. I can choose the pants in M, but jackets are only available in S, L and XL. Does anyone know if they will be in stock again soon, or did I just miss out on this? This is especially perplexing to me, as they do sell the jackets separately and those are still available in M.

Does this sort of thing happen from time to time, and can I expect them to be in stock for the whole ensemble again soon? Thanks!

That's weird - it just let me select medium in the stand alone jacket?

Maybe try contacting them to see if this is something that's just an issue with the site? Though the listing for the bundle does say limited sizing. Very odd.

Does seem odd since the combo (pants/jacket) comes as two separate boxes. I'd try the live chat.

Thanks guys!
Yeah, I already tried to live chat with them, but the person I talked to was a bit confused and didn't grasp the problem.
I'm currently in an email conversation with Anovos, but that too looks a bit hopeless. They do have pants and jackets in my size, but I can't buy them.
If they would just sell both pants and jackets separately... Oh well.

Maybe I have to buy the "set" with M pants and L jacket and order an additional M jacket, just to sell the L jacket later on. That could work, but it would be pretty annoying.

:facepalm

Yeah, I suggested live chat since my emails or support tickets didn't really get me anywhere, but the chat isn't always super helpful either. Its main benefit is that you get immediate responses even if there's not much substance.

You could also try emailing Joe directly (he used to come into this thread a lot and gave his email address to contact with issues.) He might be another option, though I'll say I haven't tried emailing recently. I'll pm it as I don't remember it he ever posted it publicly.

If anyone pre-ordered a LT. OXIXO TIE helmet and is having second thoughts, let me know, I'd like to purchase one when they come available "Spring 2017". [emoji41]

Sorry. Wrong thread. Too much Jack Daniel"s tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_5228.JPG
    IMG_5228.JPG
    735.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Received shipping notification for my Solo holster rig! Perfect timing as I just got my ESB stuff back from the tailor.

Sean

I saw that they got small and large back in stock and ordered immediatly! I had a medium but it was too big so the small will be here next week! Very excited as its the last thing I needed for my ESB costume. Weird sizing though because I wear a large in all their other costume items.

I saw that they got small and large back in stock and ordered immediatly! I had a medium but it was too big so the small will be here next week! Very excited as its the last thing I needed for my ESB costume. Weird sizing though because I wear a large in all their other costume items.

I've also struggled with their sizing. I purchased the Solo ESB ensemble in a large, and everything fit pretty well with some minor tailoring. I ordered the Skywalker Bespin fatigues in a large, and the jacket was huge. Ended up exchanging for a medium.

I hedged my bet and ordered a medium Solo holster. Hoping it fits as I don't have time to do an exchange prior to Denver Comic Con...

Sean

I've also struggled with their sizing. I purchased the Solo ESB ensemble in a large, and everything fit pretty well with some minor tailoring. I ordered the Skywalker Bespin fatigues in a large, and the jacket was huge. Ended up exchanging for a medium.

I hedged my bet and ordered a medium Solo holster. Hoping it fits as I don't have time to do an exchange prior to Denver Comic Con...

Sean

I've got the Han ESB, Luke ESB, TNG command burgundy top all large. They fit great.

I was hoping to have my Han Holster rig in time for mega con but it's going to be a few days late.

I also have the Han TFA jacket on PO and hoping the Star Trek Beyond survival jacket becomes available when they start shipping.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back