Platikote... Does it come in GOLD?

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have a rubber-seque bat emblem that I want to apply to a costume. Problem being, I want it in gold. No matter how light a coat I apply it always seems to crack (due to the movement of the costume). So I was thinking that plastikote (which is rubberized paint) would be perfect. I can't seem to find any info on the availability in gold. Does anyone know if it does, or even any solution to my problem?

Originally posted by Funky Jedi@Jan 4 2006, 11:57 PM
I have a rubber-seque bat emblem that I want to apply to a costume.  Problem being, I want it in gold.  No matter how light a coat I apply it always seems to crack (due to the movement of the costume).  So I was thinking that plastikote (which is rubberized paint) would be perfect.  I can't seem to find any info on the availability in gold.  Does anyone know if it does, or even any solution to my problem?
[snapback]1150850[/snapback]​
Automotive paintshops use a softener / plasticizer to make / keep paints flexible for rubber bumpers, etc. Start your search there. You should be able to add a drop or two of the product to a mix to airbrush the part.

Plastikote do made Gold (and chrome) paints but dont know how flexible they are. In addition there are certainl chromes available in the UK not the US.

If the plastikote option fails you could try dry brushing gold paint, building up the layers

Cheers

Jez

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back