How to cut out curvy visor from vacuum formed PETG sheet? Dremel?

I will try to vacuum formed curved visor from PETG. All edges will be rounded. Then I started to wonder, how can I cut final visor out? Material will be thigger 2mm PETG, so scissors wont be an option.

I have dremel and larger scissors for metals. Ideas?

I use these...
18pc 22mm Circular SAW Blades Wood Cutter Dremel Accessory FOR Rotary Tools | eBay

By using a small portion of the edge of the blade, angling the tool and always placing the tool on the inside of the curve, like the pic below.......

Dremel Cut Curve.jpg

......You can achieve curves quite easily, with a bit of practice. The trick is to finish a whole curve in one fluid motion. This gives you a more even edge along the length. Then just sand off the edge waste, top and bottom of the edge, with a drum on the dremel at about 20 degrees to the edge. This will take off just the white waste that gets deposited when you cut.

You can go one step further and heat the edge with a torch, carefully, to finish it nicely.

Thats how I do it anyway.

Dremel fiberglass cutting blade works fine.
Once cut to shape finish off edges with sanding drum then fine grit sand paper.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back