Trek Movie Comm's Under Construction

I made some progress over the weekend, and did some goofing off as well.

I got the molds poured, and put into the pressure pot. While I waited for them to cure I went to see a few cool prop replicas. (This is where we go off topic for a little while) :)

Later that day I started working on the molds again after a nap, and here is what I have.

I made the first few pours with success, and today I will head out to find hex screws to assemble these. I will get these first kits out to FLM Concepts so that she can start on the midplates and then I can start casting kits for sale.

Can I try to resist buying one of each... these would look so good alongside my Playmates TOS and NuTrek communicators as well as the QMX Comm Badges and DST ST3 Phaser when they arrive!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Those look great. I can't wait to see them assembled and painted. I also can't wait to get my hands on them.

Can I try to resist buying one of each... these would look so good alongside my Playmates TOS and NuTrek communicators as well as the QMX Comm Badges and DST ST3 Phaser when they arrive!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Of course you can resist. Or can you.........:)

HOLY SHNIKEY, These are beautiful!

As you might imagine, I just received all three of these kits, and Myron, whatever you're charging, it's not enough!

I'm honored to have some part of this run. :)

DSC00157.jpg

The presentation on these kits is phenomenal.

The come screwed together, so don't force them apart (I almost tried!)!

I think I should explain my excitement...first, the Trek III comm is my "holy grail" prop. Second, the only exposure I have to bought props comes from the '80s with a mid-grade phaser, an inaccurate TOS communicator, and a crappy, falling-apart ST III phaser. The only exposure I have to raw, cast resin parts comes from another hobby, and there are always large air bubbles in the casts. Yes, I see two teensy, tiny bubble in the Trek III, but I think just paint would cover them up. As far as I'm aware, these were the first casts pulled from stapleton13's molds, and he always uses his first pulls to find out where the trouble spots are. I'm sure future pulls will be even better!E

Either way, I'm very happy with these communicators.

You got the close to first pulls, but the first trek 3 bucket went right to the garbage after it came out with a couple of ugly bubbles in the fuse puller part. Then I have a ritual where the first real pull gets bagged up, and placed into my archive. I started saving a kit years ago when I realized that there were some of my older kits that I never even got for myself after the molds died.

You got the close to first pulls, but the first trek 3 bucket went right to the garbage after it came out with a couple of ugly bubbles in the fuse puller part. Then I have a ritual where the first real pull gets bagged up, and placed into my archive. I started saving a kit years ago when I realized that there were some of my older kits that I never even got for myself after the molds died.
Thanks for clarifying. :)

My old communicator went to the person that assembled it back in the '80s. He never did keep one for himself and missed out on several eBay auctions for the same comms.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back