Blade Runner Blaster Questions

TheHeroFromDOOM

Hay guys,
After searching "Blade Runner Blaster" and going threw the 4 pages of results on here I still have many questions about the Blade Runner Blaster. I would be very grateful if you guys can help because I'm a newb to all this. In short I am hoping to buy a Blade Runner Blaster one day. But there are so many to choose from and most of them seem to be sold out of. I am looking for a pre-made or pre-built Blaster. I really don' think I would be able to build one to my liking from a kit, and also would really just rather have a professional one that a company made in the mass for the most part. I have searched the web and this forum and have seen many pictures of the Blaster from different company's and kits, but I still do really know whats what. A reason I'm starting this thread is because after watching a video of Adam Savage going threw many Blaster on a table, he said in it people can scam you big time, take a toy and sell it for alot and trick people, and being that I have no idea of whats what about Blade Runner Blaster I really feel like I'm have to ask you guys some questions. Ok, so like I said I'm looking for a pre-built Blaster. I don't want a cheep plastic toy. Blade Runner is my favorite movie. I would like it to, as you guys say "have a good feel" and not fell like a toy lol.

Here's some question for you guys,

1. Where do you buy a good blaster from? They all seem to be sold out in online stores, and only a few on ebay.
2. Are there any plan from company's to come out with a new version?
3. What a good price to spend on one? I know the range from a few $100 to over $1200
4. Who has the most screen accurate version?
5. Are there are company's I should keep my eye on that may come out with a new Blaster? / Where would someone hear if a new one comes out?

Here's what I'm looking for -

A mostly metal Blaster that will not brake with working red AND green lights on it. From what I'v seen there's the weathered looking Blasters and the "factory new" ones, I would prefer a new looking one. Note about the lights, on the pictures I'v seen on the Blaster on the net, it seems like half the time the green lights are working and are nicely bright lite, and the other half the time they look like they are just green lights that are never on ever when the red lights are on. I would like the green lights to work and not have that off always look. I would also like the Blaster to look very real, not cheep and plasticly. It does not need to make sounds. And I also do not wish to buy a air-soft gun. I guess that's pretty much its guys, I willing to bend some what, it there's nothing out there like I'm looking for.

Again I have search this forum, and still don't have a clue for the most part, so I am sorry if some of these questions have been asked before. So thank you all very much for your help and assistance in this. Any and all feed back is welcome, thanks again.

Second on Rich (Racprops). He's the master, in the game for a long time. I have four of his blasters (different versions spanning over a decade). He helped me create my own blaster which uses a real Bulldog pistol and shoots (there's a thread around here somewhere). His website is a treasure chest of research on the original blaster. His all metal, illuminated blaster is amazing.

Thank you guys so much!! Rich's work is some of the videos and pictures that I have seen on the web. So in your opinions his Blaster are the best ones out there?

Currently, the options are Rich and probably Tomenosuke - although the Tomen blasters are not all metal.

I would however avoid the kit Rich put out a while back because its not great quality and requires a lot of work to get it looking good. In fairness, he's very good with replacing items that are severely pitted and rough around the edges, but if you're able to put together a higher budget, his ready built blasters are currently the most robust and the best all-metal versions available.

Regards
MARK

I would recommend one of Rich's blasters too... The one I have is an absolute beauty! The difference between Richs' blaster and the Tomenosuke is the general appearance of the blaster. Where the Tomenosuke is very "clean" looking, Rich's blaster is more "rough" and therefore, for me at least, more true to the BR universe. And then of course there's the slotted screw/weaver knob discussion......

Last edited:
I've owned both Rich's and Tomenosuke's blasters. In my opinion, the notable features of each are:

Rich's
- a bit more heft to them than the Tomenosuke blasters (marginal, but noticeable)
- grips lean more to the orange spectrum
- green LEDs on the sight rod light up
- has a removable ammo clip with faux bullet which is kind of cool
- comes with a display stand and plaque

Tomenosuke's
- pristine, sharp lines and angles (laser cut letters on the receiver are distinct and exhibit no softness or loss of detail)
- receiver on pre-built models comes finished (colour varies depending on edition), whereas Rich's are unfinished
- grip colour is more on the yellow side
- the chamber turns when the trigger is pulled
- green LEDs on the sight rod do not light up

I can post my personal photos of each if there's any interest.

As for acquiring a blaster, last I heard Rich was still releasing his models. Keep an eye on ebay, as well as the For Sale section over at propsummit.com. As for Tomenosuke, you may have read that there's a new blaster scheduled for release this summer. Again, keep an eye out here at theRPF or propsummit for news.

I wish you luck in getting your hands on one of these. I've always been a fan of the Blade Runner film, but it was only within the last couple years I discovered the world of BR blaster collecting, and I must say my blaster is one of my most cherished items in my modest collection... it's such a great prop. :D

I think I'm going to stay away from the Tomernosuke's for now because you have to build them. But, I really do like the more right out of the factory look. Alot of the one I see look just alittle to weathered for me. Looking back on the film, the gun always looks "darker" the most of the really high end weathered models. I really like Rick's, I hes seems really nice a helpful, plus everyone here seems to say hes really the "holy ark" of the Blade Runner Blaster. So when I finally at the point were I can buy one I'm going to talk to Rick and see what we can do. I do have this pic that I saved on the web of Tomenosuke Special, Coyle 2011, Tomenosuke PRO, here's the link to the pic, Coyle 2011 Blade Runner Blaster - a photo on Flickriver . I like the darker tops of the blasters in the top and bottom one's. I got Rick's info so I'll see if he can tweek one to my wants. Thank you all again for your help. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back