Engineer in biomech pressure suit from Prometheus.

mrbungle

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
well, i love this movie and the engineers. so i decided i would make one......

here is the head and neck prosthetics. i have a full body cast to sculpt the suit on , i plan to do a foam latex suit, so stay tuned.

mypro3.jpg

mypr.jpg

mypro2.jpg

thanks!!

here is the rough in for the torso.....long way to go. but we are making progress......slowly....
en1.jpg

Wow, nice progress! I've gotta go watch the movie again. How big is this stuff? IOW, is this regular-people sized, or engineer sized (whatever that was determined to be)?

thanks , guys....

here is a quick up date, about half way through the torso sculpt. the basics are there ..now details for days.......

mypro3245.jpg

myprodf4.jpg

myprofr5t6564.jpg

Very inspiring! Can't wait to see more updates :) This makes me want to make an attempt sculpting one of the monsters in The Thing 2011.

thanks, man.

here is more progress.......trying to get the torso done so i can mold it.

almost there......just need to tidy it up a bit.
002-164.jpg

003-138.jpg

001-148.jpg

005-107.jpg

engineer.jpg The sculpt looks great and the detail is awesome. the proportions look pretty accurate to the movie one too, although i don't know if its just me but i don't think the suit they made for the movie really fit the body that the engineer had (bodybuilder looking figure), so the pecs seemed non-existent... If the pecs were to effect the form of the suit, it would make it look a lot better and more intimidating! But i imagine its too late to modify it by now, and personal choice you'd probably opt for the original! Either way, looks great and i cant wait to see more!

thanks for the reply.

the engineer in the beginning was a different engineer . i guess not all engineer are huge bulky mass! Yes when the sculpted the bio mech suit, they did not make him near as muscular as the one in the beginning of the film.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the reply. also i am sculpting this for my 5' 8" frame. the actor was like 6' 5 plus......real tall guy.

i am trying to make like the one in the film.

Ah yeah that would make sense, and yeah sucks being us short guys, can't look nearly as intimidating with our short stature! but it'll still look killer awesome, good job!

If you're willing, color application sequence? Not specific colors, just how you've got the depth. :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back