The Ultimate X-Wing Pilot Thread

nice pic Brian..

I have that and was going to post, but it exceeded WC hosting size.

didn't know it was out on the net elsewhere. (figured as much, but didn't know about it)

LOVE the X-Wing pilot suits.
Here's my outfit. Its a 'W' Hemet and chestbox that I got as a kit and built.
Since taking this pic (for the rebelscum Halloween contest) I got RA arm tools and leg flares.
I'd LOVE to get the right clasps for my flight vest and a metal belt ring for my waist belt. The belts you see are from RA.
X-Wing%20Helm%2000.jpg

Brinn%2071%20pilot.jpg

The suit and vest were made by a seamstress friend of mine. PM me if you want details.

Great thread.

Brinn 71

If there is enough interest for the belt buckle. I can get more from abroad.

Please post if you're interested.

Thanks

:)

canon20a7020003.jpg

here is a shot of the chestbox prototype:

7.jpg

I'm still researching the control dial. [Thats a TOS trek comm thumbwheel used on the prototype.]

Cool prototype Jimbo.

I think the lines should be thinner. I am redoing my decal lines to 1/16".

BTW, I do have a few buckles for the vest and the chestbox too.

PM me if anybody interested in acquiring these. :)

canona70007.jpg

canona70009.jpg

canona70004.jpg

Are those silver buckles the right one for the lower chestbox strap? I have never been able to see a properly documented photo that shows it clear enough.

Originally posted by JHVanOphem@Jan 9 2006, 01:34 AM
Are those silver buckles the right one for the lower chestbox strap? I have never been able to see a properly documented photo that shows it clear enough.
[snapback]1154257[/snapback]​

How about these?
XWing%20Vest.jpg

XWing%20Vest%2002.jpg

Brinn 71

That is the closest you can get :p

XWing20Vest2002A.jpg

Yeah I have the flak vest one, I got mine surplus with a sleeping bag holder. In fact it also provided me with the 1-inch OD straps for my box. Cost me a whole dollar (Canadian.) I am using one of those for the chestbox buckle as well, since I had the extra and it was already attached.

I knew the chestbox buckle is silver in colour, and thanks Brinn for those photos, those were new to me. But its still not 100% obvious that the buckles in the pic above are the exact ones.

Previous the clearest pic I've seen are from the (*gasp*) Holiday Special, and that new pic seems to indicate its a Conway type of buckle?

0161027.JPG

Oh sorry, I take that back. I just did a zoom in and upped the gamma on the other pic and its much more obvious its a buckle similar to what is pictured above.

It also looks like that one end in attached and the longer part is looped around. You can see a bit of orange showing through on one side beside the attached point, and a bit of the strap hanging below and underneath the main strap.

Originally posted by JHVanOphem@Jan 9 2006, 03:41 PM
Oh sorry, I take that back. I just did a zoom in and upped the gamma on the other pic and its much more obvious its a buckle similar to what is pictured above.

Here's an attempt to showcase the buckles:
X-Wing%20buckles.jpg

The pics above were capped from the 'Empire of Dreams' DVD.

B

Thanks for the positive feedback. I agree, the next one I do I'll use 1/16 inch material, but other than that I'm pretty happy with the results.

Originally posted by JHVanOphem@Jan 9 2006, 02:34 PM
Yeah I have the flak vest one, I got mine surplus with a sleeping bag holder. In fact it also provided me with the 1-inch OD straps for my box. Cost me a whole dollar (Canadian.)
[snapback]1154641[/snapback]​

man. why are my military surplus stores so expensive. 'round here i paid $15 for a used duffle bag to get some straps.

Originally posted by Mr. Bojangles@Jan 6 2006, 05:29 PM
If there is enough interest for the belt buckle. I can get more from abroad.

Please post if you're interested.

Thanks

:)

canon20a7020003.jpg

[snapback]1152514[/snapback]​

I'd be interested in a few. How many are used for each costume?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back