2001 Space Station WIP

Well, here's half the beast and the size (I'm 6'2 btw);)

010.JPG

That is too cool! May I ask what you are using to reference this build? Are the greeblies random or did you ID the parts from the original?

Thanks for the feedback guys, it's always appreciated.:) Cadeus: not a lot of good pictures exist for that model, so artistic liberties are taken every day;)
Dexter 1138: I don't understand the expression "dirty whites"...could you explain?

awe inspiring work,just keeps getting better and better.hopefully there will be some new pix of the space station in the new making of 2001 book.:thumbsup

Thanks guys...alas, no, I received the big books on "The making of Kubrick's 2001 A Space Odyssey" and there's only 2 pics of the Space Station. Sure, more details I haven't seen, but more are still hidden :confused After seeing those, I'll be adding more stuff to the spokes and the cones tying the outer rim together.

Gattaca, maybe I should put a disclaimer: "No kits were harmed/used during the construction":D I'm just using a lot of greeblies that you'll find in computers/T.V,/cassette players, household products, make-up, shampoo, razor blades, etc...The list is very long!

Thanks Sofa...I'm finishing up the first half of that beast right now; I'll wait before I put the "bridges" and the tensing cables (I still have to build the outer rim and I don't want to knock those cables over).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back