2001 Space Station WIP

Hi Joberg; I'm a huge fan of 2001. This is a great subject and you have built an amazing representation of the space station. I love the blade runner taxi which makes a guest appearance every once and a while in the photos. Is that a landing foot from the Nostromo saying hello at the top of one of the pics?

Thanks guys:)...and yes to your question StevenBills; after that whole is thing is done, my plan is to make a short YouTube vid of the Space Station. Lot's of planning still to come about the shoot and the difficulties I'll encounter when filming: small room, no real depth of field, turning the model by hand and praying it's always at the same speed/revolution...Gonzo filming at its best:D!!

Epic in scale and epic in quality! Looks like the real thing 100%. I bet ya the Kubrick exhibition that is traveling the world would love to display this. Dam it would beat Adam Savage's Shining Labyrinth by light years...although that was also pretty epic :).

Thanks for the comment CAPTAINCOX! I'm working at finishing that model, and I'll continue my 1/6 Eva Pod (without an interior mind you).

Well, yes, the tunnel opening is very close...a few cables to put on and it's finished after, more or less, 4 years of working on that crazy model by myself:wacko:D
Quite the challenge (and the money)! A few regrets: not having very detailed pics of the original model and no lit windows:cry But, still proud of the results.
IMG_20170721_152238008_HDR.jpg IMG_20170721_152347129_HDR.jpgIMG_20170721_152311793_HDR.jpg

I love that the Space Station has its own room in the house. An inspiring and fantastic build. Truly amazing!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Master Class acheavement! Shows what you can do with tons of passion and loads of skill. Cudos to a one of a kind model...well I guess second of a kind as the 1st one was done back in 67 or so ;).
That thing belongs in a Museum or an Exhibition.

Are you planning to make an Orion III to go with it?

OH WOW! I still didn't realize the scale! You should be very proud. That's is amazing! Kudos to you and the time you've spent. Brilliant

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back