2001 Space Station WIP

001.JPG 002.JPG003.JPG 005.JPGThanks Scott:), here's the latest pics showing the first installment of the scaffolding (1/4 of the total rim).

Oh yes! I was waiting for that scaffolding! It's going to look awesome when painted red!

Is it hard to make it a perfect circle?

Thanks Luka...yes, it's rather tricky to make a perfect circle. I'm going to buy black fabric to put as a background; it's going to be easier to see if the scaffolding is a circle or not (I don't see that well on a white background :confused). I'm eager to start the second part of the "under construction" phase.

SPECTACULAR! Critical milestone reached! Those scaffolds make ALL the difference in the world!

Last edited:
Woooow, I'm so sorry to come to see this so late!
This is AMAZING! I already know This will be the perfect!
Thanks for sharing your great skills.

katsu

It's SO HUGEEEE! But seriously, where are you going to keep this monstrosity?
Oh, and btw, are you going to make a small Orion to accompany the station???

006.JPG That's one of the design I'll have to produce for scaffolding (just 8 of those...has to be painted and the background is still being dressed with flooring, greeblies and more scaffolding)

005.JPG Then there's this one (painted) which is supposed to be reproduced about 10 times. Those are spread around the rim in various state of finish (10 by 1/4 rim, making it 40 to build)...stay tuned, there's spaghetti in the design, more flooring and more details:)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back