2001 Space Station WIP

Joberg Display Option.jpg

Hi Joberg, I've been thinking about your display options.....

001.JPG 004.JPG 002.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 014.JPG Well, the "Under Construction Ring" is done, all the modules have their bridges and their cable tensors. The one unfinished module has no cables attached to it (as per pics of the original model). Took some pics with a black background and one light (yellowish, not whitish like in the movie; I'll have to correct that for sure, since these are only mock-ups for the movie. Next, the big ring; but not before the renos I'll have to do at home:rolleyes

Kubrick would have fired Trumbull and the others and hired you on the spot! Drop dead gorgeous model. And somehow calling it a model is almost like an insult. It is more, much, much more than a model.

Merci beaucoup Monsieur Tox and thanks to the others for their positive feedback.:) I'll try to take better pics later.

This is mind blowing, the detail is just beyond incredible.
I have only just found this thread and am can not believe how fantastic a model this station is.
Great work Joberg

Thanks Gary; I'm in the process of starting the other side (complete ring) + some renovation at home...so it's going to take a while before getting any update.:)

Thanks Sofa...no, by hand I'm afraid (you should see my right forearm:D) 240 windows were cut and 11 blades were maimed, used and abused;)

Thanks guys...talkin' 'bout hand: I'll have to frame those 240 windows with quarter round (4 lill' one 'round each windows) = 960 pieces:wacko

Molds...great idea but still a lot of prep work: doing one window, silicone + Alumilite = 1 window. Alright, then molding 2 others: the original + making another mold for the second one = 3. Then...not that easy to make, let's say, 10 in one mold. Costs are at the lowest for that model and yet, I'm at already at $ 1000 in various materials (Evergreen misc., cardboard, greeblies from various provenance, paint, etc):(

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back