John Carter (Taylor Kitsch) Medallion Display

Guardian Devil

Sr Member
Just had to show off the most recent addition to my collection as I'm really pleased with this one.
The medallion used by Taylor Kitsch as John Carter:

A picture with the flash on to show the stone in the middle changed colour depending on the light:

..and just for fun, here it is pictured next to one of the promotional John Carter paperweights, just so anybody with one of those can get an idea how big this thing is.

Hope you enjoyed seeing the pictures

Well any of you want John Carter Swords? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397939886.961576.jpg

Talk about rare!

Well, if anyone knows the dimensions of the Disney paperweight version and can post it here then I can work out a fairly close size for the screen-used piece using the comparison photo at the top of this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody?
I have a block of carving wax and some tools. I want to have a go at making my own. Now all I need is the height of the original, or the Paperweight version.

Last edited:
A kind rpf member in Chile has informed me the Disney paperweight version is "4 inches high" which equates to 101.6mm.
When I scale the comparison photos that tells me the screen-used props were approximately 125x100mm.
This is the size I will try to carve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here! I've got very fond memories of the books, so the film is a favourite of mine.
I don't think I posted it before, but I also framed Taylor Kitsch's chest plate from the later scenes in the film to match the amulet display.

JC%20Chest%20Plate_zpsmtjje3mx.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back