Mystery Star Trek TNG autograph - who is it?

ScienceBob

HI all,
I recently dug into a box of original scripts that I purchased at a yard sale from an industry person a while back and found a TNG script for "High Ground." There was an autograph on the front, but I'm not sure who it is from. James?... The person at the yard sale has moved, so I can't ask him. Any idea? Here's a pic:

trek_script.jpg

Attachments

• trek_script.jpg
    trek_script.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 101
The only James that comes to mind is James Doohan, but the signature is a little off (it kinda looks like his, but not quite). Maybe dig through the cast of the episode in question, see if there's a James in there somewhere?

The only James that comes to mind is James Doohan, but the signature is a little off (it kinda looks like his, but not quite).

It's James Doohan. His signature did tend to vary somewhat over the years but it definitely appears to be a match.

Yeah looks like it could be one of Jimmy Doohans in his later years.

I as well as others miss him very much! :(

You know, I thought of James Doohan, but the last name wasn't even close. On your lead I found this:
$T2eC16N,!yMFIcsTvnFzBSb)KQv2Tg~~60_35.JPG

Looks like a match - how cool! Thanks guys.

I got one as well! This is circa 1983 or so. It's flipped, I took it with the computer cam.

Attachments

• Photo on 4-6-14 at 1.37 PM.jpg
    Photo on 4-6-14 at 1.37 PM.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 120
Simple someone put it in front of Jimmy and he signed it.
Likely. A number of the scripts are first versions and set copies, and I think this came from an effects guy. Perhaps James Doohan came by the studio one day and was asked to sign it. Either way, it's a great little piece I'm quite happy to have.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back