My Aslan lion costume/puppet build in the style of the War Horse stage puppet

TK256

So I built this lion... Here is my Aslan Costume Build for a school's production of The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe. Was a 3 week (on and off) build from start to finish.

It has LED eyes & mane (orange eyes then white eyes when the mane lights up), cooling fans for each actor, camera in the nose and monitor in the head for vision, swishing tail controlled by the rear actor and full leg mobility, all controller by two people.

The design is as if he has leapt from the page of a book, like a living sketch, hence some pages of words from the story in his mane. Main construction inspiration was taken from the War Horse show puppet. If you haven't seen that have a Google for it or head over to ted.com and look for the talk on it there, amazing stuff.

Here are my lion photos:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152288100087440.1073741829.607517439&type=1&l=2f09180ed9

On stage photos to follow soon...

Hope this is a good area to post this in and hope you like it :)

John

Oh my goodness! Those kids are lucky to have such a skilled fabricator as yourself! This is fantastic!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back