Pourable white rubber/silicone - raised white lettering for tires

sleepless

Sr Member
Looking for any help/advice. I have a Delorean which i have converted into a Time Machine and am trying to make raised white lettering for the tires. I can still buy the rear size but the front tires are unavailable with white lettering.

I have taken a mold of the raised letters and have poured a set in black flexible rubber. Unfortunately cant seem to find a white 2 part rubber?

Any advice?

regards

Brad

you could try using smooth-on Econ80. it's a one to one compound which comes semi-translucent that you can then dye and opaque to whatever you want. the cost is also relatively low as apposed to other urethane rubber compounds. it's about 25 bucks for trial size that gives you 1.9lbs NET of product which should be more than enough for what you need. check it out HERE

or you could cast in you black rubber,and paint the lettering with white acrylic afterwords. it stays fairly flexible and should adhere to the rubber depending on it's porousness

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back