Themed Lawgiver II Display base... DISPLAY WITH PRIDE!!!

bigdaz

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Guys,
As a collector, I'm constantly on the look out for ways to display my collection. Unfortunately, unless you get a display when you buy a piece, chances are you're not going to find anything specific. Other than acrylic bases and movie themed plaques you'll be hard pushed to find something specific, especially for DREDD. I've been working on a themed display for my Lawgiver and thought I'd share some pics. I wanted to create a simple base that the Lawgiver would sit into but also wanted to try and make something that was very specific to the piece. The LED screen on the display base will light up with a name plate type graphic when its complete and I've left a battery and lighting recess in the model for access. The DREDD badge is a separate model but the file has beeen created as a full assembly for 3D printing. It is currently off being done and I'll post photographs when I have it in hand.

Darren

DREDD Display Base 5.jpgDREDD Display Base 2.jpgDREDD Display Base 3.jpgDREDD Display Base 4.jpgDREDD Display Base 6.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Themed Lawgiver II Display base ... DISPLAY WITH PRIDE!!

Hey Guys,
I got the 3D parts returned and put them together to create the base display. I wanted to see how the Lawgiver would sit on it... I'm thinking about having the actual assembly that holds the Lawgiver dual positioning so you can display either side depending upon what you want. The base will have an illumiated display in it anyway so I think seeing the other side of the lawgiver with the name plate on it could be cool too. Got to do a tweak on the base and then do the elctronics and finish and paint so it's definately a work in progress.... just wanted to show some photos and hopefully get some feed back. Thanks

Darren

Display Option A2.JPGDisplay Option A3.JPGDisplay Option B1.JPG

Attachments

• Display Option A.JPG
    Display Option A.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 112
That is really nice. :thumbsup I like the idea of a custom custom display base. I've seen a number of lightsaber display bases, but this one and the one that was done for the Sandman Gun are very nicely done to reference the movie itself.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back