Blackkaos'Robocop : JFcustom's FOAM build(s) [●WIP]

JFcustom

Sr Member
Hi,
A new thread here for something a bit different from usual.
Different because I usually build Iron Man.
Different because this suit is for me, for once.
And different because this time you'll have to purchase these foam files from Blackkaos, given he's the modeler of this Robocop. I'm only doing the unfold, and as a pledge of quality this "on-the-air" first build.

The blue one is the one I keep, it's the "crash-test" build. I use it to improve my templates and spot the tricky stages. Then I correct and adjust the unfold consequently. The red one is done on the heels from these enhanced unfolds.

Sure I guess the very first blow of questions, here is the answer :
I bought this blue foam a couple of years ago, aiming this Robocop project. It's the same foam kind and brand I use for every other build, simply it's now not available in blue color anymore. Also its commercial name and its backside pattern have changed. Before, it was called TG-100 and had a stripped pattern, when now they are called Domyos Essential Fintess mats and show a tight diamond pattern on the backside. These rolls remain 6.5mm thick, polyethylen foam (PE), 2lbs/ft³, available here : Essential Fitness Mat DOMYOS - Exercise Mats Fitness, Dance, Martial arts -...
Decathlon stores worldwide here : Decathlon Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ok first pics :

I can only afford a very limited time slot to bring it at 100% complete, so, updates will come fast.

Last edited:
Re: Blackkaos Robocop FOAM build. Vintage version [●WIP]

I haven't seen the new movie yet, but classic Robo is probably more fun anyway. Can't wait to see how this all turns out

Re: Robocop FOAM build. Vintage version [●WIP]

Hint : you'll find some very long seams, and if it's quite easy to locate precisely where they start and where they end, it can appear tricky to face your pieces correctly around the middle of this seam. To prevent this, when cutting your foam pieces, spot with a sharpie the placement of the 3D edges that are supposed to match one eachother, so you can be sure you won't get any shifting or offset when gluing your seam.

Last edited:
Re: Blackkaos'Robocop : JFcustom's FOAM build [●WIP]

Hey man
Build looks great so far .. Following this thread as I want to see how the AB and cod section turn out

Keep it up .. If you need any measurements I have a suit , let me know

Alex

You're like... the god of foam! This is looking incredible, I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread as I plan to be making my own Robocop costume over the summer so will need to gather handy tips and inspiration and such! :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back